January 2015 Moms

FFFC

Let's hear those confessions, ladies!

Warning, they may not be flame free!

Re: FFFC

• I had zero motivation to look cute today. I'm wearing maternity jeans, but my husband's t shirt and sweatshirt. I wear scrubs st work anyway, so who cares!?
  • I'm with you @thompnia‌ . I have one outfit that I just keep wearing on repeat because it's comfortable and I don't care. Got 3 unamazing hours of sleep and have to go to my 6 year olds Halloween parade at school, when all I really want to do is go back to bed. Bad mommy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a project due at 3pm today, and I brought my laptop home with the intention of working on it, but I ended up getting Halloween stuff ready instead. And I thought I might get up early to work on it, but so far, no.
  • @MusicFanatic‌, I think if my H looked like George Clooney, I wouldn't need to dream about anyone else.

Jk - my H is pretty good looking too, but I still have dreams about other people sometimes!

I'm not on pelvic rest but still haven't had sex since Labor Day because DH has issues about it - I'm looking forward to 6 weeks PP!
  • Maebb said:
    @MusicFanatic‌, I think if my H looked like George Clooney, I wouldn't need to dream about anyone else. Jk - my H is pretty good looking too, but I still have dreams about other people sometimes! I'm not on pelvic rest but still haven't had sex since Labor Day because DH has issues about it - I'm looking forward to 6 weeks PP!
    haha! Hey, I can't control my dreams! I don't even typically dream "real life" things, so it's extra weird. My dreams are usually monsters with 50 eyes chasing me, or car crashes or things that simply make no sense.  So it's odd that I dreamt about a real person (for me, anyway). I just think it's because they were the last person I saw before I went to bed. 
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • This is probably more of a UO, but I don't like scary Halloween costumes - ghosts, witches, devils, skeletons, zombies, mummies, anything involving blood, etc. It's especially distasteful on kids IMO.
  • I keep forgetting it's Halloween today. H and I have talking about it for weeks now, but here we are, the day of, and haven't even gotten all of our costume pieces.

Confession: Prepregnancy I would super plan everything. I would've thought it would only get worse with pregnancy, but now that I think all about the planning that will happen once the baby's here, I've been refusing to plan anything.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The thought of tomorrow being November has made me start getting anxious about how close labor really is. Especially knowing that Jan15 moms are starting to deliver.
    I have no reason to be worried about preterm labor at this point, but I just want November to fly by so I'm not questioning every ache and pain. December is at least closer to January if labor were to happen then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't bought Halloween candy yet, our neighbourhood is 90% elderly, with one young family that we dislike. We've never actually met them, but we can hear them yelling at the kids, nothing abusive but instead of walking over to talk they holler, at like a two year old. Allll the time. Who does that?
  • This sciatic nerve pain I woke up with (thanks for the Halloween trick little girl) is just further confirmation that I'll be getting that epidural as soon as possible once the show is on the road. I'm such a wuss! I don't know if it was pain or hormones or both, but I might have been in tears at my desk this morning. For those wondering, I did call the doctor. All is well...I just have zero pain tolerance. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm glad Halloween is almost over. 

I know it's fun for the kids and all, and we're taking DS trick or treating tonight. But, because it is fun for the kids, they've been doing Halloween related arts & crafts at daycare, and reading Halloween books and whatnot a lot. Every night, when we get home now, DS says something about our house being "haunted" or this or that is "scary." Last night, I told him to run downstairs to look for his missing slipper and he said "I can't, it's too scary down there." (For the record, we have a fully finished basement, so it's not like some scary dark place that we never go or anything. Our TV room and DS's bedroom are down there, so we're down there all the time.) I'm hoping the whole thing with him being scared of things will pass after all this Halloween emphasis is behind us. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • While I was showering this morning, I thought of a few confessions... I pee in the shower. I usually only shave the bottom half of my legs (if I shave at all). I shave my big toe and top of my foot. I hardly ever wash my feet. I figure they get clean from all the water at the bottom of the shower, right?? :D
    I'm totally with you on the shaving. I have a lot of self-consciousness when it comes to my feet (especially with the scars left behind after surgery on both feet last year), so I shave the tops of my feet and my big toes, too. And when they're not well-pedicured, I hate for people to even see them. Those flipping scars made it nearly impossible for me to wear sandals/flipflops this summer. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • While I was showering this morning, I thought of a few confessions... I pee in the shower. I usually only shave the bottom half of my legs (if I shave at all). I shave my big toe and top of my foot. I hardly ever wash my feet. I figure they get clean from all the water at the bottom of the shower, right?? :D
    I also pee in the shower and forget to wash my feet a lot. The soap dribbles down and cleans them?
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • I always wait until the day after Halloween to buy candy... It's so much cheaper and we don't get trick or treaters here.
  • My toenails are so long that they hurt.  I need a pedicure but I hate the way that they cut my toenails so I need to cut them first and then go get a pedicure - that's too much work so I'll just let them grow out some more.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have only been shaving the bottom half of my legs, and it's not very often at all. But the hair has gotten pretty light and sparse so that's kind of awesome.

I don't wash my feet either because I'm afraid if I do I'll slip and fall. 
  • I don't pee in the shower. I don't pee in lakes either. I've tried, but I just can't.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just watched part of paranormal activity alone in broad daylight with my hand over my eyes and got so stressed I had to change the channel. halloween is my favorite, but I cannot do scary movies! they make my imagination run wild!
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • I adore many aspect of Halloween. Cute but not so scary decorations, kids dressing up and trick or treating etc. But I HATE scary movies.... Won't/don't watch them.
  • I don't pee in the shower. I have before but not for years. I think I'm in the habit of peeing when I first wake up, and then hopping in the shower. 

• I think I just pulled a muscle trying to clip my toenails. Now I'm in pain and I still have long toenails. As in, long enough that I'm ashamed they got this bad and I don't want to ask H to do it for me... Looks like it's time for a pedicure!
    Were you watching me shower this morning? These things all happened.

I will second all of the above, except for the pee thing, but only because I'm afraid my DH will smell pee if he walks in ;)
  • aremac said:

I haven't bought Halloween candy yet, our neighbourhood is 90% elderly, with one young family that we dislike. We've never actually met them, but we can hear them yelling at the kids, nothing abusive but instead of walking over to talk they holler, at like a two year old. Allll the time. Who does that?

A teacher at my kids school! She gets down in their faces and yells and screams at them... I am livid!
  • saiven said:
    I'm sorry, I think the real confession is, who here doesn't pee in the shower?

I didn't know that people peed in the shower until I came to The Bump. Team toilet. ;)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I am leaving work a few minutes early so I can go home and watch the SF Giants celebration parade. I'll miss the first few minutes but that's ok. Last time the Giants won the World Series, I blew off a whole day of work (I was still subbing at the time so I just didn't take a job that day) to watch the parade. DH wasn't thrilled. I found out it was On Demand later. Oops!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm having a super unhealthy day today. Pizza, donut, candy. I'm kind of grossed out but I can't help it.
  • I have been having the same dream every night recently and almost pee myself every time.. Thankfully I wake up in time but the day I don't during this pregnancy I will feel bad for my fiance. :-/

Also I havent been having any energy lately to the point shaving last night was like a chore I just didnt want to do.
  • aremac said:

I haven't bought Halloween candy yet, our neighbourhood is 90% elderly, with one young family that we dislike. We've never actually met them, but we can hear them yelling at the kids, nothing abusive but instead of walking over to talk they holler, at like a two year old. Allll the time. Who does that?

A teacher at my kids school! She gets down in their faces and yells and screams at them... I am livid!
    What a witch, that's awful!
  • Peeng in the shower saves money. Less TP expense ;)
    Saves water, too.  Most people I know who hop out of the shower leave the shower running while they pee AND then flush after peeing in the toilet.

Oh first world countries...  Clean drinking water is one of the most necessary resources and is fairly rare in non-first world countries (although arguably some first world countries have places the water is nearly undrinkable)... And we pee and poop into it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My regular bras are so uncomfy, I've taken to wearing nursing tanks under my clothes, or sports bras. So much more comfy.

And I pee in the shower too lol
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"