April 2015 Moms
Options

Excersize during pregnancy...

So I know that all the apps and Google are telling me to excersize during pregnancy to make myself in shape and more equipt for birth, but my doctor, friends, and mother are telling me to rest when I can.
I work part time and pretty much sleep or work around the house when I'm home. My job is really hard on my body since pregnancy and my aching tailbone and sciatica are not forgiving of the pregnancy exercises that have been recommended.
So here, I am asking you. What do you do to get your blood pumping? Stretches?
I used to lift weights and run a mile every other day before pregnancy and I have not done any of that since.
I find time to stretch, but even that is painful and I hate doing it. I meditate. It helps with my breathing.
What are you Moms to be doing to help calm your body and "work out"?

Thanks! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Re: Excersize during pregnancy...

• Options
    Sorry you're in pain. :(

I meditate too. I'm not sure what kind of meditation you do, but sometimes I add yoga or light stretching to my practice. The idea is to be mindful of your body, how it feels while it works. Even 15 min feels beneficial. You might be able to meet with a prenatal yoga instructor who can give you some things to do at home that won't be painful.

A little walking can be good exercise too, or would that also be too painful?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Exercise will be dif for everyone. I did a (doctor approved) 32k run on Sunday, but there are non-pg women I wouldn't recommend that to. I've also had days in a row of nothing or walking in a pool due to just feeling like crap.

Biggest advice: listen to your body.

Prenatal Yoga was going to be my suggestion too. Or water work if you have access to a pool. If you were used to weights, maybe there are movements that wouldn't irritate your back? Walking in the pool for a week was great for me when my back was sore. Stick with similar movements to what you were used to before baby. Mostly because then you'll know when something feels "off".

GL and hope you feel better!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do about 30 min of elliptical or crank up the incline on the tread mill, M-F. This gets the blood flowing before work... HOWEVER, I do not feel guilty when I'm too tired to get up and go workout... That extra half hour of sleep can make a world of difference! The way I figure it, if I'm too tired, it's my body's way of saying, 'slow down'.

I also try and walk or take the stairs whenever I can, small things to get the exercise here and there.
    A15 January siggy challenge: Workout/Fitness Fails

IT'S A BOY! EDD: April 3, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Water walking? I haven't actually tried it myself but I'm planning to at some point. It takes all the pressure off your joints. Also you could try just going for a walk. Just go as far and for as long as you feel comfortable. That's all I've been doing lately, the odd walk.

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • Options
    Honestly, I didn't exercise at all with my first but I don't think I could of had an easier delivery. Just a few pushes and it was over. Obviously the affects just depend on the person and the pregnancy. This time I have tried water aerobics a few times. It does feel good to get in the water and feel lighter for a while.
  • Options
    I walk my dogs about 1.5 miles each day during lunch. DH and I lift weights most mornings at the gym. I do the occasional spin class and adult ballet when I'm in town. I also bought the Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project dad and that's been nice to have on the road.

Point is, I do whatever sounds good that day. I don't force myself out of bed to hit the gym at dark thirty anymore if I don't feel like it. There are lots of options to get the heart pumping everyday though. Do what you can!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • Options
    Swimming, use resistance bands while sitting down, or walking!
  • Options
    @souptin‌ what did op do? I think I missed something...
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • Options
    @souptin said it well!  i don't mind people posting but when all they do is post to ask a question that could be answered on google or by asking their doctor and make no other contribution to the board, that's annoying.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Options
    Gotcha. I'm usually mobile so do t see histories.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • Options
    Oh for the love of God. Did you not see that I am working the majority of the time and sleeping when I'm not?
    I do post in other threads when I can.
    Get over yourselves.
    THIS IS AN APP ON A PHONE THAT PEOPLE GET IN FOR ADVICE
    JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE TIME TO SIT AND REPLY TO EVERY SINGLE POST DOESNT MEAN OTHERS WILL TOO.
    My God, you cranky, judgemental, rude, arrogant and downright bitchy pregnant women make me ill.
    Get. Over. Yourselves.

As for the others that gave me a decent reply, thank you for not wasting my damn time. And it helped.
    I'll stick to more useful places for advice. Such as GOOGLE.
    Even though GOOGLE didn't tell me that my fainting spell was because of my thyroid or a possible stroke.
    That one I found out from my doctor.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    Ronni1123 said:
    I'll stick to more useful places for advice. Such as GOOGLE. Even though GOOGLE didn't tell me that my fainting spell was because of my thyroid or a possible stroke. That one I found out from my doctor. Have a nice day.
    both good places for information.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're in pain. I try and jog here and there for cardio. Can you use an exercise ball to rock your pelvis or those yoga bands to assist with stretching? And maybe swimming if it's accessible
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Your all a bunch of cunts
  • Options
    Swoon13 said:

souptin said:

@grailseeker14

she doesn't have time to GBCB...she is after all the only one of us that works full time and needs to sleep.

Ahem. Part-time. She says she works part-time which makes it even more eye roll worthy.

But she has ZERO time you see!
    I work full-time and i be bumpin on the daillyyyyy. Or something to that effect.

• Options
    Stop worrying about my grammar and make me a sandwich while you bitch about another pregnant women's perfectly normal question. Twatwaffle.
  • Options
    So if you don't mind being a cunt, then why are you offended by it?
  • Options
    Ur husband's must be in a special kind of hell with you animals around
    Not to offend animals
  • Options
    Whoops, should have read the middle of the sandwich instead of the first slice of bread
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ur husband's must be in a special kind of hell with you animals around Not to offend animals
    *Your husbands.

• Options
    Amanda whoever (don't even care enough to tag her) is not even a regular contributor.  These are the only posts she's ever made in the group.  Maybe the best course is to let her stew in her own ignorance.  Karma's a... well, she ain't kind.

• Options
    Blah..ur responses r boring. C U next Tuesday!
  • Options
    I hate myself for responding with a honest answer.

Now... Sandwiches. My mom made me this awesome toasted turkey and provolone on a kaiser roll. We added a little spring mix, mustard and mayo. Heaven.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • Options
    I agree that the op has posted too many times about her own issues compared to her contributions to other threads.

However this post is clearly not about something she should have googled. She asked to hear from the community what we do to exercise. I think it's a valuable thread, no matter who created it.

In this case it would have been better to save the behavior policing for another less relevant thread.

• Options
    I walk a lot bc I work and live in the city usually from first ave to tenth but I take my time and make stops if I need to break it up. Once I got into my second trimester I started doing Pilates again. I do private sessions with a trainer which is great bc she tailors he sessions to how I'm feeling that day. They told me that one of their clients did Pilates until four days before and popper her baby out in 20 min... Due to Pilates or not I am inspired lol. I'm doing Pilates 3-4x per week. There are so many great you tube videos for us pregos if you don't want to leave the house. ;)
  • Options

Stop worrying about my grammar and make me a sandwich while you bitch about another pregnant women's perfectly normal question. Twatwaffle.

I do not understand why you continue to use language like this....... you do realize that it reflects poorly on your own character, right?
  • Options
    @SharkFarts‌ Thanks. I didn't realize she'd been kicked out yet and I couldn't believe what she was saying. Yikes.
  • Options
    @scoutfinch13 and @Swoon13 I said that the behavior policing wasn't necessary for what began as a relevant and worthwhile thread. Not that it should never happen.
  • Options
    CaterinaC said:

@souptin‌, you have the best memory. I can never recall who is who amongst douchy posters.

And here I was (entirely not realizing OP's history) trying to be all helpful...

Was also thinking about the 95 replies to an exercise thread? Someone must've run their mouth......... Yup!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"