Working Moms
Options

smoothies - what is the best blender?

Hi working moms.  I'm really into smoothies lately for a healthy breakfast choice. I go back to work after my 2nd maternity leave next month and I'm hoping I can keep up with making smoothies every morning. What is the best blender to invest in?   Does anyone use the magic bullet?  I need something that is easy to clean, and blends quickly.  

Re: smoothies - what is the best blender?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure the vitamix is the best blender from what I hear it is amazing.
  • Options
    Definitely vitamix, but holy expensive (I finally got one after years of lusting over it!) Before that, I used a Hamilton Beach single serve blender that worked surprisingly well for being so cheap. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0017XHSAE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1414759041&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    we like the nutribullet
  • Options

We just got the nutribullet and LOVE it.  Before we were using a blender and it was a pain to clean, it would never blend the greens very well, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a blendtec, which is fine, but i want a vitamix. Spending $1200 on blenders tho....oy. I guess I could sell the blendtec....
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    xc1148 said:

I have a blendtec, which is fine, but i want a vitamix. Spending $1200 on blenders tho....oy. I guess I could sell the blendtec....

Vitamix is awesome! $1200?? Mine was $400! Still expensive but worth it. Too bad I have a newborn and can't make it to the store to get stuff to blend, haha.
  • Options
    I have a Ninja that works great, even for green smoothies
    I have the Ninja too, it's amazing!  And costs < 50% compared to the Vitamix.
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Options
    My sister uses the Ninja and loves it.  I have a Vitamix and love it also.  (I did not pay for it - earned it from work as a service gift - best service gift ever!)  We both make smoothies a lot. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got a vitamix from my ILs- it is freaking awesome!  I once added an unpeeled apple and carrots to a smoothie to see what happened- still smooth!

• Options
    Love vitamix, blends everything so smoothly and quickly. We got a refurbished model for less than $300 last year. It included 5 year warranty. Definitely worth the money if you make smoothies a lot. You can also make puréed baby food super easily. I only did it a couple times though, since my baby went straight to table food.
  • Options
    litzo27litzo27 member
    edited November 2014
    Vitamix is AMAZING! It has a 10 year warranty so divide the cost by 10 to calculate per year. I make smoothies with kale/carrot/apple/cucumber/grapes several times a week and it's amazing how smooth they are. I've also made almond and peanut butter, dressings, soups, dough. Essentially trying to make sure I get my moneys worth.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a ninja (scored the whole "system" on sale for $100, so it's also our food processor/etc) and love it.
  • Options
    We were gifted a Ninja a little over a year ago and it is AWESOME!  I made a fruit/veggie smoothing every day of my pregnancy, and now am using it to make batches of food for my little guy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"