Baby Names

MN for Lucca?

Both me and DH love love love the name Lucca for our girl name but we are having a hard time coming up with middle names. Any suggestions?
BabyFruit Ticker

KJ(36) DH(37) 
Married 2012
Expecting baby#1 3.28.2015

Re: MN for Lucca?

• Looks like it is only feminine in Hungary/Croatia, and then only with one C. You'll see it is a very popular boy name around the world.
    https://www.behindthename.com/name/luca-1
    https://www.behindthename.com/name/luca-2

I have been to Lucca, Italy, it is lovely and is on my GP boy list as Luca.

If I heard Luca though I'd 100% assume boy. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Lucca Juliet
    Lucca Sophia
    Lucca Isabelle
    Lucca Pearl
    Lucca Dawn

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • I love Lucia Isobel (this name is on our list). I agree on Luca being a boys name. When I opened this thread, I was already brainstorming boy mn to go with your boy name choice. I like Luca Xavier btw.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! We wanted something very unique for our little one and possibly unisex which is why we were thinking Lucca for either a boy or a girl. Although Lucia is really beautiful and one we hadn't really considered before now. Choosing baby names is hard!
    BabyFruit Ticker

KJ(36) DH(37) 
    Married 2012
  • Lucca Faye
    Lucca Brielle
    Lucca Elise
    Lucca Jane
    Lucca Celine
    Lucca Noelle
    Lucca Margot
    Lucca Daniele
    Lucca Elaine
    Lucca Julianne
    Lucca Annalise
    Lucca Grace
    Lucca Amelia
    Lucca Marie
    Lucca Annabelle
    Lucca Alessandra
    Lucca Willow
    Lucca Arielle

Lucca Pearl (as suggested)
    Lucca Dawn (as suggested)
  • Luca or Lucca are not unisex names. Luca is a masculine name. What is it that appeals to you about a name not giving away the sex of the person?

Luca is not really unique. It is currently trending pretty hard, although it is a nice name. It is unique on a girl in the same way Benjamin would be. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • To show what I mean by trending - according to the SSA Luca ranked #626 in 2000 and ranked #202 last year. That is a MASSIVE jump over a small period of time. It hasn't started declining yet so it will probably jump much higher, peak, then fall and feel sort of time stamped. Lucca ranked 829 and Lucas ranked 23. None of them ranked for girls because, well, they aren't girl names. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Luca is great for a boy. Lucy. Lucia. Louisa.
    Morgan. Taylor.
  • All good points. :) We got the idea for the name from a woman DH works with, it's her 4 year old granddaughter's name. It's pronounced "Loo-sha", so similar to Lucia I guess. I don't know why we really fell in love with it. I think because we've never heard it before. So far everything we've come up with has been the less traditional names. We are those people! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

KJ(36) DH(37) 
    Married 2012
  • Idani said:
    KJ1177 said:
    All good points. :) We got the idea for the name from a woman DH works with, it's her 4 year old granddaughter's name. It's pronounced "Loo-sha", so similar to Lucia I guess. I don't know why we really fell in love with it. I think because we've never heard it before. So far everything we've come up with has been the less traditional names. We are those people! 
    Lucca DOES NOT equal Loo-sha.  Lucia is actually Lou-Chia, although some do say Lou-see-a.  So they gave their daughter a male/place name and are mispronouncing it. 

Edit: word
    Well, they went for it, lol. Hm, so then what do y'all think is a good way to spell "Loo-sha"? Phonetically? I like the way it sounds but Lousha or Loosha looks odd to me...... could I spell it Lucia but pronounce it Loo-sha? IDK I'm probably over thinking this WAY too much!
    BabyFruit Ticker

KJ(36) DH(37) 
    Married 2012
  • I agree with pp about Lucia, with the Loo-sha pronunciation. If you've ever met a Marcia (Mar-sha), it is the same principle. Good luck! Lucia is lovely!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you're looking to pronounce loo-sha, then I'd just go with the Lucia spelling!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"