January 2015 Moms
Options

Baby # 2 - preterm labor again?!

I'm not much of a poster but sort of feeling the need for some support. I went into preterm labor at 29 weeks on babe #1. I'm currently 28 weeks and ended up in the caseroom 3 nights ago with contractions, my cervical length shows I've shortened but am still above the magical 2.5 cm cutoff and things just haven't settled down completely. My doctors are great and supportive but I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had this kind of history but still made it to term??

Re: Baby # 2 - preterm labor again?!

• Options
    My cervix is shorter at 2cm. I had my first bout of pre-term labor on October 5th, and had another bout this past Saturday (contractions every 7 min for a good amount of time)- both times I received a terbutaline injection to stop them immediately (the first time it worked right away, this past Saturday I needed 2 injections). Also on a daily med to control them.  I won't make it "to term" because I'm being induced at 37 weeks (for pre-e) but so far I've managed to keep the contractions at bay (and stopped when they start).   I'm sorry you seem to be repeating the same thing as your first birth. Hopefully they settle down and you keep LO in there for a lot longer.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    No experience here, but just wanted to say I hope your LO stays put!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keeping you in my prayers!
  • Options
    I went in to PTL on Monday. My cervical length is 1.5, I'm 50% and dilated to a 2. They have me Indocin and it stopped the contractions. So far I haven't had any more. I have been chugging water like crazy. They released me yesterday and told me I could go back to work.

I hope you are able to find some piece of mind through all this. Prayers and fingers crossed for you and your LO.
  • Options

I don't have any experience to share, or any advice to offer. Other than agreeing with pp's. Taking it one day at a time, stay hydrated and take it easy. Hopefully they can put a hault to your PTL and you can keep LO in as close to your due date as possible. Thoughts and prayers for you and your LO.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    No advice here just thoughts and prayers to you that your little one stays put as long as possible!
  • Options
    No advice but I'm sending you T&P's
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have no experience or advice but I hope everything turns out okay. Sending you and your LO lots of good juju!!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Thanks for all the support. You're right. One day at a time. I was just disappointed after all the meds I've been on and was really hoping to avoid bed rest with a 22 mt old at home! But.. Main goal now is growing this man! Thanks again!!
  • Options
    Edvent said:
    No experience here, but just wanted to say I hope your LO stays put!
    Agreed!  

Good luck.  
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation. My first pregnancy was a 32 Week term delivery because my membrane tore and I was leaking.
    I am currently 31 Weeks & have been hospitalized on bed rest & observation for the past two weeks. Plans are to send me home tonight to continue my bed rest into 37 Weeks. I came to triage complaining of frequent BH Contractions that were very close together & my stomach/back were getting crampy. I then tested positive for the fFN test that is 50% accurate that I could go into labor within 1-2 weeks. That's rather scary. I've have a horrible, horrible two weeks. I've been so anxious and scared. Each morning I wake up, I'm grateful I haven't go into labor.
    Wishing you the best xo
    Post-Natal Loss at 32 weeks, LTTC of 26th Months, 5 failed IUIs, Conception via 4th IVF Cycle in April 2014
    EDD: January 3rd, 2015! 

• Options
    @barbikins I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all that.  I hope your FFN is wrong and that you get to keep your baby a little longer than it indicates.
  • Options
    @barbikins‌ it's nice to go home but so scary at the same time. I hear you. And as you approach the date of your previous troubles you hope beyond hope that you're just being paranoid but then something happens and you've been down this road and know where it leads.. I understand. Fingers crossed that you go home, take it easy and cook that babe for as long as possible. *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"