Trouble TTC

natural IUI timing

If my calculations are correct I should get my LH-surge either tomorrow (Friday) or on Saturday. My DH is out of town so no BDing for us this weekend (we are using his frozen sperm). When should I get the IUI done? If I get the LH-surge tomorrow morning, should I do it both Saturday and Sunday, or both tomorrow and Saturday? Do you do your IUI on the day you get the LH-surge or the next day?

---- Siggy warning ------

Me 34 y/o  DH 35 y/o

IVF#1 (ICSI)-- April 2014-- MDL with BCP, 5R, 4 ICSID, 3dt with three embryos, 1 six-day freeze (2BA grade)-- BFN

IVF#2.1 (ICSI)-- August 2014: MDL without BCP-- cancelled

Natural IUI on 11/8 -- BFN

IVF#2.2 (ICSI)--Nov/Dec 2014: MDL without BCP, 5R, 1 ICSID, frozen on day 6 (grade 2BB)

FET #1: transferred two 5 (or 6?)day embryos on January 27. Beta #1 (2/4): 158, Beta #2 (2/6): 391 Beta #3(2/9): 1187 BFP! 

First u/s at 5w1d showed one gestational sac and yolk sac. Second u/s at 6w showed heartbeat at 102. Third u/s at 7w heart rate 145. EDD 10/15/2015

Re: natural IUI timing

• You should double-check with the doctor's office, because this is something that they should be letting you know!

When we did IUI timed with OPKs, I had to take one before noon. If it was positive, I called and make an appointment for the next morning. Once I was close at noon, then positive around 3pm, so they had me come do it the next morning still. Once it was close all day, then really light the next day, so they rushed me in that afternoon since I had missed the surge the day before. Each of these times, ultrasound at time of IUI showed that the follicle had started to O but recently, which is good timing.

If you're concerned about timing, has your RE or nurse offered the option of using a trigger shot? We finally decided it was too stressful to worry about OPKs, and liked having at least 48 hours of warning ahead of time (since we find out at a morning monitoring appt if we should trigger that night, and then IUI is 36 hours after trigger).

We've never done back to back IUIs - but then, we have MFI and also he's around to BD in the days leading up to IUI. So if your office is planning on BTB, it makes more sense to do it the day of and the day after the OPK+ (sperm there ahead of time and hopefully right at/after O). Then again, timing can get better over time if you are confirming O with ultrasound, because your nurse can see if you actually O'ed as typical, or if you're one of those women who sometimes O the day of the first OPK+, or even a couple days after the first OPK+. It can change from cycle to cycle too, unfortunately.

Good luck, I hope the timing works out perfectly for you this weekend!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • So you aren't using the HSG trigger shot? I did natural IUIs but used the trigger shot (usually right around the day I would have my surge). My RE only did one IUI but I do know some do 2. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"