Multiples
Options

has this happened to anyone?

Karissa764Karissa764 member
edited October 2014 in Multiples
I was pregnant with fraternal twins and we lost them when I was 19 weeks pregnant in july. We decided we wanted to try again so here we are I'm 7w3d. We went in for an ultrasound this morning and we saw one baby that she said was high up in my uterus. And another sac she said she couldn't get a good look at so she doesn't know if it's another baby or a cyst because it's so close to my ovary. I have never hear of mistaking a baby for a cyst before. I walked out of there more confused and nervous than when we walked in. She only gave us pics of the baby that she could see. I don't even know what to think

Re: has this happened to anyone?

• Options
    I'm sorry, no experience but I just wanted to say sorry you have to deal with this confusion. It seems really odd that they couldn't tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and a baby at 7+weeks.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Unfortunately I can not share any similar experiences, but I would definitely demand another ultrasound or seek a second opinion soon..seems cruel to leave you wondering :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It wasn't a tv. She did a regular ultrasound they said the the baby that is in my uterus is really high up like in the fundus and the second sac was in my uterus it was just super close to my ovary. It took her a good 5-10 minutes to get a heartbeat on the one. I had a transvaginal at my first on appointment 2 weeks ago and they only saw a sac no yolk or anything and at 5 1/2 weeks they should have seen more than they did that's why I was sent for the one yesterday. I am just so confused. I have prayed for twins again but above all I just want a healthy baby or babies if there's more than one. It just seems like this is a crazy rollercoaster of emotions. I have an appointment with my ob next Thursday. I'm not sure when I have another ultrasound I'm sure she will schedule one next week.
    Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate it!
  • Options
    I just realized I forgot to add that the second sac was messuring the same size and shape of the first one.
  • Options
    My first ultrasound at 5 wks they saw one definite sac and one "something else" that they didn't bother measuring but said they would keep an eye on. At 6 weeks they saw a heartbeat in the one and measured the other but no heartbeat. At 8 weeks we saw heartbeats for both and now I have healthy 7 month old twins. Mine were all transvaginal ultrasounds, DD was probably just a late implanter. She was the smaller baby my whole pregnancy and still is today.
  • Options
    I would ask for a tv ultrasound, they are much more accurate this early on.....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for the help and reassurance! I will definitely be asking the Dr why I wasn't given a tv and request one. That really makes no sense. I dont get why they would even try an abdominal when it should just be common practice to have a tv this early on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"