April 2015 Moms
Options

Zofran

Every time I call to refill my prescription for Zofran, the nurse gives me such a hard time about the possible side effects it could have on baby. I already know about them & I know people have taken Zofran during their pregnancies with no side effects. Zofran WORKS for me especially since it is a dissolvable tablet. (I can't swallow pills.) Anyone have experience with Zofran?

Re: Zofran

• Options
    I am 15 weeks & still taking it. I figure me taking it instead of not being able to keep even a sip of water down is worth it.
  • Options
    I've been taking zofran and diclegis 3 times a day since week 6. I wouldn't survive without them. I agree, if it wasn't safe, the FDA would have recalled it. Tell that nurse to do her job and mind her own business.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Took it twice and got massive headaches after it wore off both times so I never took it again. I decided being nauseas for me wasn't as bad as the headaches. My doctor was totally comfortable prescribing it and said he has never seen any side effects come from taking it.
  • Options
    I am 16 wks and 5 days and I take 1/2 tab twice a day, instead of the prescribed 1 tab 2x day. I have been doing much better with my morning sickness, but do still have bad days here and there. I rather take it and go a day not sick than hold nothing down. If it's what my dr and your dr prescribed, then take it and tell her when she starts carrying your child and throws up for you... she can tell you what your dr said you can and can't take.
  • Options
    That nurse needs to know how to separate true medical advice with personal opinions.

Also, for the refill Process- it can actually be easier calling your pharmay to request refill. If there's none remaining, they'll contact your dr office & get the refill for you. On your next visit, talk to your dr for a new script that has refills written onto it :)
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on a Zofran pump. 24/7, I have Zofran pumping into me subcutaneously. It's a cat B for pregnancy. My doctor has even given me Phenergan to use on top of this, as needed, which is a cat C. You do what you have to do... if it means you can't keep food or fluids down otherwise, well what is worse for the baby?

If your doctor prescribed it, and you feel comfortable taking, who cares what the nurse thinks?
  • Options
    Took it the first 6 months or so with DD, she's just fine.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    Took it all the way to the end with both my kids. They are fine. No issues. I'm taking it with this pregnancy as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"