August 2014 Moms
Options

Where does baby sleep currently?

SoSayWeAllSoSayWeAll member
edited October 2014 in August 2014 Moms
I haven't seen this asked in awhile and I am curious. I am also curious to know if you plan to change this and if so, at what point? 
Edit to add: I mean at night, not for naps 
Edit again: I apologize for inconsistent pronouns.  I mean to do his/her for both "own room" options but you understandably can't edit a poll.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Where does baby sleep currently? 204 votes

In your room in a crib
7% 16 votes
In your room on a non-crib sleeping surface(RNP, PNP, swing, etc)
39% 81 votes
In his own room in a crib
27% 56 votes
In his/her own room on a non-crib sleeping surface(RNP, swing, etc)
7% 15 votes
Cosleeping
11% 23 votes
Other/SS
3% 8 votes
Show me the results
2% 5 votes

Re: Where does baby sleep currently?

• Options
    We just transitionned him in his crib in his own room. He sleeps in his swing for naps though. Ill eventually transition him for the naps aswell.... Some day.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    We have DS in the PNP in our room.  I think he is pushing the weight limit, so we are going to move his crib into our room.  Right now the plan is to transition anywhere from 4-6 months into his room. I am not sure exactly when I want to do this.  I am thinking around Christmas time when we are home a lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a bassinet in our room and seems like in another month we'll have to start transitioning into his crib because he's getting so big and moving a lot.

When I'm home all day I'll sometimes put him down for naps in his crib to get him familiar but so far he wakes up within 15min :/ so he's usually in his swing for naps most days.

A part of me wants to just set up the PnP in our room to keep him close though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    He is in his crib in his room, but we leave both doors open and he is right next door, so he might as well be in our room.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SoSayWeAllSoSayWeAll member
    edited October 2014
    @MsGrace2003‌ I am kind of confused because it said "bassinet" 15 lbs, and I am not sure if it meant the newborn napper or the pack and play mattress being at the top setting(which is where I have him). I thought it would be a pain to put him in the bottom setting.
  • Options
    DD is in the RNP in our room. Not sure when we will move her to the crib, maybe some time in November. Hmmmm....I like having her right near me!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    She's now in her crib for both naps and nighttime sleep.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    IvyMagic828IvyMagic828 member
    edited October 2014
    @SoWeSayAll - you're right, it's the top setting (the "bassinet") that has a weight limit of 15 lbs. My LO is just about 15 lbs so I'd have to put him in the bottom portion if he'd ever sleep well in it. But, he sleeps best in the rock 'n play, so there he shall stay for now. We keep him in his own room but it's just across the hall, and we leave the doors open. I have no problem hearing him, and he has no problem waking me up multiple times a night!

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD is in a PNP beside our bed. I will probably transition her to her crib in her room sometime around 3-4 months, maybe at Christmas time when DH is home a bit more
  • Options
    We are in the process of transitioning to the crib and it has gone ok so far. We tried a few times before, but Sunday night was when we really started trying. I put a rolled up towel underneath his mattress so it's on an incline, and that has seemed to help. We didn't swaddle before the crib, but he sleeps better in the crib when swaddled. We still have a lot of times when we go to lay him down asleep and his eyes pop wide open when he hits the mattress. So I'll try twice to get him in the crib at night, but after that he goes in the RnP. I started the move this week because he seemed to be getting to big for the RnP. He has always slept in his own room. Naps are usually while being held- he won't stay asleep if I lay him down for a nap.
  • Options
    LO is officially in his crib for both naps & nighttime.  He's doing great with both. He was previously in a RNP and it took two nights for him to really get comfortable in the crib but it was worth it, I feel better with him in it.
    We love August!
    Boyfriend & Girlfriend - 8.6.06
    Husband & Wife - 8.6.10
    Mom & Dad - 8.19.14

• Options
    Cosleeping from midnightish to 5AMish. Otherwise it can take way too long to get him to sleep & I need my sleep. Plus so much more convenient to nurse while cosleeping.
    Would like to transition him once he stops getting up every 2 hours to eat.
  • Options
    He starts out in his own room, in his crib.  He usually ends up in his swing at some point after his night feeding since I can bank on an extra hour or two of sleep in the swing versus his crib.  Love that thing.  
    Books.  Blogs.  Battlestar Galactica.  

Tiny Man 05/31/2012  I Tinier Man 07/28/2014
  • Options
    She is sleeping in an Arms Reach cosleeper at night. She is sleeping in her crib in the nursery during nap times.
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• Options
    RNP in his room. We will transition to the crib when he stops being swaddled.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Transitioned to crib in his room 12 days ago! Right at the 3 month mark. Naps are still usually swing in the living room, with plans to change to crib at 4 months.

image    image
  • Options
    PNP top level right next to me. LO only weighs 11 lbs 6oz so I have some time. The crib is in our room to stay until we get a bigger home which won't be until summer at earliest. HD has 2 kids from previous marriage that are here every other week and older so they need there own rooms. I don't mind; it's a great reason to keep LO in our room. Will probably transition to crib at 3 or 4 months so my mom can have the PNP at her house since she will be keeping LO when I return to work.
  • Options
    Bassinet in our room until his first wake up, usually around 4 am, then we cosleep for the rest of the night.
  • Options
    He sleeps in his room in his snugabunny chair. I sleep on an air mattress next to him. If anyone can tell me how to transition him into his crib, I'd appreciate that advice. He fusses, breaks out of his swaddle and doesn't sleep in his crib regardless of how tired he is. We had one night where he slept the night in there in his halo sleep sack but I never repeated the success.
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Options
    Do a combination of all of those! Lol whatever works to get the best sleep! Will start more of crib at 3 months.
  • Options
    LO sleeps in his crib at night and has just started sleeping in the crib for naps. Previously he was in a swing, or a bouncy chair for daytime naps but now he has been getting fussy as if he is uncomfortable in them. I tried putting him down in the crib for daytime sleep and he seems much more comfortable! Baby knows what he wants!
  • Options
    He is getting to big for the rnp but it's the only place he sleeps. I'm ready for him to be in the crib but not looking forward to the transition!
  • Options
    becominggoldbecominggold member
    edited October 2014
    He sleeps in the crib in his own room at night. He almost always pops his eyes open when he is laid down so we got him a Baby Einstein aquarium for his crib. It plays ocean sounds and the light slowly dims over 30 minutes and then it shuts off. I would have laughed if you had told me prekids that I would spend $40 on such a thing, but it has been worth every penny! Naps are sometimes crib, sometimes swing, sometimes bouncy seat.
  • Options
    RNP in our room for a little while longer. He has started sleeping longer stretches, 6 hours last night, but both boys will be sharing a room so I will wait until he sleeps longer a little more regularly and goes down without screaming for a couple minutes.
  • Options
    She sleeps in her crib all night. Sometimes I selfishly put her in the PNP napper when she wakes up for the day, turn the vibration on, and let her keep sleeping so I can stay in bed longer. I would have kept her in there longer, but if she wanted to stretch out she had to be on an angle. Girl has got some long legs!
  • Options
    SS- Little man starts in the arms reach co sleeper at bedtime (9pm) and then eventually makes his way into our bed around 4am and we sleep until 9. Naps are anywhere from the rock n play, co sleeper, or middle of our bed. More recently, I've been "putting" him down for a nap and that's in the co sleeper. I hope to move him to his crib in the next month.
  • Options
    LO starts out in her bassinet until around 3 then I nurse and we cosleep until around 9.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    I picked SS. We do either the RNP or bassinet in our room (mostly the RNP lately because he likes to be able to see me and the bassinet sides are too high. When he wakes up he has been coming into bed with me and then stays there.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• Options
    lmanford1lmanford1 member
    edited October 2014
    Sleeping and napping in her crib!
  • Options
    I said crib in our room but at about 5am he comes into bed with me

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We've had DD in her crib in her own room from day 1. DH was convinced I'd never let her go if we started with her in our room! But DDs room is right next to ours, and I can hear her even when she just rolls over.
  • Options
    2redtulips2redtulips member
    edited October 2014
    DS has been in his crib in his own room at night from day 1 (his room is next to ours), and he's in the middle of his first successful nap in the crib as we speak! He usually naps in his swing or bouncy seat, so I will continue to work on crib naps.

Edited for clarity.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    DS is in our room in the RnP but we are about to start the transition to his crib in the next day or two. I've tried at least one nap in the crib and it doesn't last more than 30-60 min. Hopefully nighttime sleep is better than that!

• Options
    Last night was his first night in his crib. He slept like normal (8 ish to 5ish). He is just too long for the mini pnp we have in our room. He's been turning himself sideways and squishing his head against the mesh side. He would push the other side with his feet and it was just frustrating him. I wasn't ready but I guess he like it! He woke up happy and stretching!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"