Cloth Diapering

Do you dry after you wipe your baby?

venussapphirevenussapphire member
edited October 2014 in Cloth Diapering
I was watching a youtube cloth diapering video and the mom suggested after wiping the baby clean you should pat it dry. 

My wipes aren't soaking wet and I've never done this with DD. I am just curious what others do. 
Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Do you dry after you wipe your baby?

• I don't, usually, unless they already have a rash. I will let them air out for a second and put the diaper on. If they were prone to rashes or had skin conditions, I would, though.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Might be a waste of time... but I use the diaper I'm about to put on her to blot her dry before I fasten it on.  I'm mostly worried about creases staying too damp.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I air dry or blow and make sure she's dry. Plus she thinks it's hilarious when we blow on her butt...lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I laminated a few of the greeting cards that DS has gotten from relatives, so he could play with them during diaper changes and they could also be handy to fan him dry.
  • Sgriff1 said:

I air dry or blow and make sure she's dry. Plus she thinks it's hilarious when we blow on her butt...lol.

I used to do this to Logan, also. He liked it and it made me feel creepy so I quit. Haha.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• We do, it's M's favorite part of getting his diaper changed and thinks it's hilarious. We just use a dry wipe or washcloth.

• I spray their bums and then wipe with a dry cloth.
  • Nope.
    But he usually crawls away, so he gets air dried a bit that way.
  • Yes always
  • Sometimes, but I should make more of an effort.  I agree its a good idea. She just moves so much now, I'm usually just struggling to get her clean the diaper on.
  • We use dry wipes unless it's a really nasty poop then I'll wet it but I always dry. 
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    1st Beta 89, 2nd Beta 214
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"