March 2015 Moms

Pelvic girdle pain??

Any other mommies experiencing this? What have your doctors said to help relieve it? The exercises my doctor gave me help if I am not working but the days I work my left leg buckles and I have a sharp pain shoot down my leg and hip. I'm just nervous with winter coming that my leg will buckle when I am outside and I won't be able to catch my balance and will fall. Any suggestions is much appreciated!!

Re: Pelvic girdle pain??

• I am sorry you are going through this. I really don't have experience with this but you should talk to your doctors again. One of my friends has sciatica and it has similar symptoms and physical therapy helped a lot. Maybe you can look into that.
  • That sounds like a combo of
    Pelvic pain and sciatica. I went to the chiro for sciatica last time it acted up and he fixed me right up. The pelvic pain is a normal pregnancy thing and the only thing I have found that helps is walking.
  • Loading the player...
  • My doc told me to take Tylenol if it gets too bad. Other than that, she didn't give me any other advice.
  • I have the groin pain, it's very painful at times, I forgot to ask my doctor about it last time, because it wasn't acting up at that time. So I am here for suggestions as well.
  • I am just worried that if I go to physical therapy, they will put me on light duty which means I can't work (I work in a hospital) my work is pretty much already screwing me when it comes to maternity leave so I want to rack up as much time as I can come march. It's true every pregnancy is different. I never had these issues with my first.
  • I have that pain from time to time. I've gone to my chiropractor who has suggested massage therapy for it. She says the muscles in that area are too tense, and they are pinching that nerve causing my issues. The massage therapy has helped a bunch. So, you could possible find a massage therapist who will work with you.

For SuzyQ & all the March 15 Loss Moms

BabyFetus Ticker

• This sounds like sciatic nerve issues more than PG pain. Chiropractor, massage, and heat. 
  • There are belts specifically designed to help with this. Look up 'maternity belt' on Amazon, and make sure you buy one with a pelvic strap. It goes between your legs (glamorous I know). Everything I've read says it's a lifesaver.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had the same thing during last pregnancy. A maternity belt should help a ton. You can also alternate heat and cold on your sciatic nerve. I never saw a chiropractor but I've heard it really helps as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have been researching because I thought it was siatica but that deals more with a slipped disc. I can tell this time that it is dealing with my pelvic bone because it always hurts on one side.
  • Chiropractor all the way! Mine also recommended massaging with lavender cream or oil for the pelvic pain.
  • Definitely atleast talk to your dr and insurance company about massage and chiropractic care. They may cover a monthly session for you.
  • I am dealing specifically with pelvic pain. I've been going to PT once a week and also am seeing a Dr of Osteopathic medicine. I think the Dr helped more and am looking forward to my next couple sessions. I'll also see her right before I deliver. Ultimately I don't think there is much that can be done though the PT has given me tips for how to get around so it does not worsen from me moving. Getting in and out of bed is the worst. If all else fails. I'll try a chiropractor. DOs seems to be more common up here though.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks ladies I don't go to the doctor for two more weeks but I will call her Monday and see what she recommends. This will be a long 4 more months if nothing gets relieved!!
  • Yes, I think so anyway. Mine is located in the crease where the inner uper thigh meets the pelvis. Only on the left. But it only radiates a small distance down the inner thigh so I'm not sure if you're is the same or not. Sometimes it's mild other times it's severe. it hurts to go up steps or to spread my legs (ie getting in and out of bed or a car). I've read it helps to sleep with a pillow between the legs and to keep the knees and ankles evenly spaced side by side when sitting, turning etc. so now I look silly trying to get out of my car/bed etx with my legs side by side but it has helped a little. If mine keeps getting worse I will try going to physical therapy
  • @cakergirl‌ you sound just like me and I think the adjustment by the DO has helped more than the PT. Like I said the PT did give me good tips so it's worth it just for a visit. Good luck! It got really bad for me.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"