March 2015 Moms
Options

DH's baby name list

My DH just sent me a list of name suggestions for our twins...I hate like 90% of them...here are just a few. 

Boys: Boyd, Maximus, Raylan, Alfred (nn Alfie), Cyrus, Fox (All I can think is that stupid song)
Girls: Lorna, Lana, Aurora, Marlena

How do I tell him I hate them without hurting his feelings...I have no memories of hating his name suggestions so much with our first (except for Mercer...that was never happening for our baby girl).

Anybody else's DH suggesting names you just hate?
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH's baby name list

• Options
    I feel like if you don't come right out & say you don't like it you get stuck discussing it over & over.
  • Options
    Woah, your husband actually suggests names? And ones that aren't the names of his high school classmates? Lucky lady. Mine mostly just shoots down my suggestions. Anyway, I'd simply single out the ones you don't hate and make suggestions that you do like that are similar.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd just tell him you don't really love any of them. If you're going to be naming a human, you should really love the name. 
  • Options
    Yea my SO and i don't agree on any freaking names and as PP said i just say no and we move on. He doesn't get offended or upset. But ya i agree with you lol i don't really like any of those names lol the only ones i kinda like are Raylan and Lana
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    mel7806 said:
    Most of these names came from the show Justified, with Timothy Olyphant on FX. Pretty sure it's canceled now.
    Yeah, he's a big fan and he was born and raised in Kentucky. 

• Options
    Just be honest and tell him you don't care for them. I was pretty brutal about some of the names my H suggested when I was pregnant with DD (Meadow? Am I giving birth to a hippie??) and he was a pretty good sport and didn't get upset when I shot him down.

• Options
    I just tell my hubby no and we move on. We have a strict rule about names that either parent has the right to say no and we move on no hurt feelings. Except Georgia, I can't get it out of my head and he hates it.
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    Darbie914 said:
    @Aeml1985 I LOVE Georgia!

Tell me about it. He says it's too southern (we live in Alberta) and doesn't like the nick names that come from it. I really am at the point where it's hard to find names that come close and I am rejecting everything else. Add to the fact that it needs to end in an 'A' and this name debate is never ending....
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• Options
    mel7806 said:
    Aeml1985 said:
    Darbie914 said:
    @Aeml1985 I LOVE Georgia!

Tell me about it. He says it's too southern (we live in Alberta) and doesn't like the nick names that come from it. I really am at the point where it's hard to find names that come close and I am rejecting everything else. Add to the fact that it needs to end in an 'A' and this name debate is never ending....
    Jorja Fox is an actress on CSI. What about her version?

My mom suggested this spelling too and it didn't change DH's mind

• Options
    Maybe he's joking about those names? Lol, email is hard, I'd try to talk names in person.

As for jorja instead of Georgia... I don't get it. I see Jorja, and I think it's pronounces Horha.

But I think Georgia is adorable.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Lol at horha.

• Options
    My partner keeps suggesting Micala. That's his ex girlfriends name :-|.
  • Options
    My H for some reason is stuck on Dallas, Houston, or Austin for a boy. Texas cities wtf? No. This is crazy in and of itself because my H is a huge Oklahoma Sooners fan. (Texas is their rival).

Just no.
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    IMO being honest and open is best. In our house, both of us have complete veto power. This is a process that involves us coming out the other end with a name we both love and want to use. I find it weird your H is choosing names from a TV show...just my opinion. Anyhow, I would flat out say, sorry, I don't like any of those, shoot back more suggestions and jeep at it. You'll find something you both love eventually.
  • Options
    Me and my DH have a hard time agreeing on names. We just say no when the other one shouts out a name. I think you can let him know you appreciate the effort so he doesn't stop being involved then offer to sit down with him so you guys can create a list of names you both like.
  • Options
    My hubby has suggested a lot of bad names. I just say no don't like it, we move on. He does the same for the names that I pick that he doesn't.
    Good luck on picking a name you both LOVE
  • Options
    DH suggested Quorra if it's a girl. That's been his only suggestion. AND it was vetoed immediately. Generally, I come up with names and he either vetoes or I add it to the list.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    My H has had no problem vetoing my names. And I had no problem telling him no. The one time I agreed to one of his suggestions - a classic but uncommon name, and a big deal family name for him. I found out he was joking about it - he actually hated the name but wanted to be able to say I turned every name down. ...turned out he wasn't serious with any name. So that stopped him from suggesting any more.

Can you agree that you will accept at least one of his names if he accepts one of yours? We also negotiated to come up with our name. I had to agree to the first name spelling he wanted to get the middle name I wanted.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.  I talked to him and he said that he conservatively estimated that I would hate 50% of the names he suggested.  He even put names on the list he knew there was no chance I was going to like.  So he made me feel bad about disliking 75% of the names he suggested even though he knew I wouldn't like them...ugh. 

You would think it would be easier to name boy/girl twins...one of each.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"