October 2013 Moms

#livetweet

2»

Re: #livetweet

• Currently, "putting away laundry" while my ILs entertain the kids.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Eating peanuts M&M's. It's been a rough day.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Sitting on the couch with my daughter's Rapunzul blanket, sipping hot apple cider, and watching a Christmas movie. Kids are napping.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • SeeJayEmm said:
    @Amjoy25‌ I would love nothing more than to enjoy adult beverages with you and @taylormarie923‌ , and I plan on trying my hardest to make it Sunday, but already had some plans. If I can wing it, I will come for sure! If not, maybe Saturday?
    We could grab a beer Saturday, if you don't mind an already drunk, angry, salty, irrational amjoy on your hands.

imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• @amjoy25, baby kicks never kept me up at night, so that didn't bug me.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lia1303 said:
    I'm seriously considering reactivating my Facebook so I can play with you guys.
    Dooooooooooooooo et

• SeeJayEmm said:
    SeeJayEmm said:
    @Amjoy25‌ I would love nothing more than to enjoy adult beverages with you and @taylormarie923‌ , and I plan on trying my hardest to make it Sunday, but already had some plans. If I can wing it, I will come for sure! If not, maybe Saturday?
    We could grab a beer Saturday, if you don't mind an already drunk, angry, salty, irrational amjoy on your hands.
    We need to get @taylormarie923‌ on board with this plan
    I can text her. Hold.

• bkeane619 said:
    bkeane619 said:
    I
    bkeane619, you have an Amazon?  
    I do!
    I have an Eclectus.  Do you have an issue with your kids messing with him (or her)?  Or do they ignore him?  Does your bird like your kids?

LO is starting to really notice our bird and right now I have the two separated by a gate, but I know that isn't a good long term plan with the way our house is laid out.  I need to figure out a way to teach her to respect his cage (AKA, don't touch) so that he doesn't develop any aggression towards her.  He already dislikes my husband, and I'd like to avoid the same feelings towards LO.  
    We have the room she is in gated off so they can't go in without us. O is old enough he knows not to put his fingers in her cage. DH is really the only one who can snuggle with her now. She loves him. Unfortunately, I doubt they will ever be very close with her. Maybe when they are a little older and can give treats and earn her trust. Parrots are tough when they didn't grow up with the kids. I've heard of people putting plexiglass up the side of the cage to keep out pesky fingers. How old is your bird? Ours is 11.
    He is around 12 or 13 I think.  We adopted him about 3 years ago, but they weren't sure of his exact age.  So he's been around LO her whole life.  

I like the plexiglass idea.  I just don't want him to become hostile or aggressive towards Lilah like he is somewhat with DH, so we will have to be vigilant about watching her when she's near him. He is weird about DH messing with his cage or food.  He just doesn't like men very much, so I'm hoping it won't be an issue since LO is a girl.  He lets me do any and everything with his cage and food.  

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • Watching The Walking Dead while Delaney is napping.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Jalee85Jalee85 member
    edited October 2014
    Oops double post.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• bkeane619 said:

bkeane619 said:

I

bkeane619, you have an Amazon?  

I do!

I have an Eclectus.  Do you have an issue with your kids messing with him (or her)?  Or do they ignore him?  Does your bird like your kids?

LO is starting to really notice our bird and right now I have the two separated by a gate, but I know that isn't a good long term plan with the way our house is laid out.  I need to figure out a way to teach her to respect his cage (AKA, don't touch) so that he doesn't develop any aggression towards her.  He already dislikes my husband, and I'd like to avoid the same feelings towards LO.  
    We have the room she is in gated off so they can't go in without us. O is old enough he knows not to put his fingers in her cage. DH is really the only one who can snuggle with her now. She loves him. Unfortunately, I doubt they will ever be very close with her. Maybe when they are a little older and can give treats and earn her trust. Parrots are tough when they didn't grow up with the kids. I've heard of people putting plexiglass up the side of the cage to keep out pesky fingers. How old is your bird? Ours is 11.

He is around 12 or 13 I think.  We adopted him about 3 years ago, but they weren't sure of his exact age.  So he's been around LO her whole life.  

I like the plexiglass idea.  I just don't want him to become hostile or aggressive towards Lilah like he is somewhat with DH, so we will have to be vigilant about watching her when she's near him. He is weird about DH messing with his cage or food.  He just doesn't like men very much, so I'm hoping it won't be an issue since LO is a girl.  He lets me do any and everything with his cage and food.  

It's tough, some large birds tend to gravitate towards one person and that person becomes their "mate". Gross I know but that's how they think of their person. Other than like cockatoo's who love pretty much everyone it's hard.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)

• carawasa said:

wrf @Amjoy25‌ are you traveling the country? plan on visiting the east coast anytime soon? @carriet2018‌ wants to know

i have been bribing her for you dont know how long.....it really irritates me! SHE KNOWS I DONT LIKE TO FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried bribing her with copious amounts of wine? I bet it'll work
  • Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    edited October 2014
    LOLLLLZZ @carawasa and @carriet2018! My IL's live in San Diego and it's about 2.5 hour drive for me, so that makes it easy to visit.

Now RI (Maine? Ugh, I'm forgetting things about carawasa) and Massachusetts are quite far away! However, I am overdue to visit a college friend in Boston....so, maybe soon-ish.

• carawasacarawasa member
    edited October 2014

carawasa said:

carawasa said:

wrf @Amjoy25‌ are you traveling the country? plan on visiting the east coast anytime soon? @carriet2018‌ wants to know

i have been bribing her for you dont know how long.....it really irritates me! SHE KNOWS I DONT LIKE TO FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have you tried bribing her with copious amounts of wine? I bet it'll work

yes....she knows i keep stock!!! ~X( L-) :-/ >:/

WTF AMJOY WHY YOU NO LIKE NEW ENGLAND

I THINK SHES EMBARRASSED BECAUSE HER FEET SMELL AND SHE KNOWS Pregnant chicks have super noses
  • Just got home from the hospital.  Eating (again), and watching my child make a mess of her dinner (again).  

I'm going to get me a drink of some sorts.  I deserve it. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lee81 said:

Bumpbooking while waiting for people to show up for my next meeting. Also wishing my phone wasn't being a bag of dicks because half of the pictures people posted aren't showing up.

@PinkDahLia44‌ it's
    (img src="yourlinkhere") except the () should be <>. The link needs to be a page with nothing but an image. Go to google images, search for a gif, click on one of the results, find where it says "full size image" (or whatever it says on a non-windows phone) and you get to a page with nothing but the image, like this:
    https://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzA3L2I4L0dpZndpemFyZC41M2ZjNi5qcGcKcAl0aHVtYgk5NTB4NTM0IwplCWpwZw/6d1425f9/cac/Gif-wizard.jpg

That's the link you use.
    If that works, can I be your new teach savvy best friend? ;;)

@Lee81‌ , I TOTALLY missed this post!!! You know I love my PA girls ;-)
    imageimage
  • My TV time was short lived. Apparently, my dh believed me when I said today we HAD to clean out the closets and get rid of stuff. Oh well, at least we were productive. Sorry to disappoint you ladies.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• lynnyloo said:
    Currently checking online due date calendars and thinking "oh shit, what have we gotten ourselves into!" Excited to be expecting our 2nd July 2015.

congrats!! Idk if this is your announcement, or if I've already congratulated you (if this isn't your announcement), but either way, yay!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Congratulations, @lynnyloo!!
  • @lynnyloo congrats!! We were the same way..no2 was on the first shot, so sooner than expected. H&h9!

• Congrats @lynnyloo‌ !!! How exciting!

imageimage    

• cdhaslag said:

@NRyan55‌ , imma need you to back off. Kthxbai.

And I would put a cool gif here but I'm mobile and my technically savvy BFF is too busy cheating on me with NRyan to help me!!!

THE FUCK GINA... I go bump free a day and you are three waying other bumpies?!
    You're actually the first mistress, hashtag. I'm the neglected wife.
    imageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"