January 2013 Moms
Options

Get to know you Thursday

I'm uninspired by work today (this week, actually :))...so share something about yourself that most people don't know or that is unusual or quirky.  One from my past - I was a nanny in Italy in my 20s, I worked for a Roman family with two young sons. My spoken Italian is horrible but sufficient for talking with 5 year olds! One from my current life - I enjoy conspiracy theories and follow a bunch of conspiracy blogs and podcasts.  I don't believe them (although I think you can find threads of truth in some) but I find them interesting and entertaining.  People trying to make sense of a crazy universe.

Anyone else?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Get to know you Thursday

• Options
    @katrine05 - curling seems quirky to Americans! Wow, that is an amazing experience, how cool!
  • Options
    @katrine_05 that is so cool!!! i love curling...it's really the only think i make sure i tune in to during the olympics....a friend of mine was in a club here in nj once...but i never had the time to join #jealous

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@katrine05 - curling seems quirky to Americans! Wow, that is an amazing experience, how cool!

Yes it's definitely not as popular with the Americans as it is in Canada!

I'll AW myself.  (sorry if the pic is huge)

Awesome pic!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    @DC Kate -  That is super interesting - I know a little bit about Irish politics so I have definitely heard of him. I spend my life scheming ways that I can somehow translocate to Ireland or Scotland. So far, no luck.  I think I could find work if I was in biotechnology, but no one is very interested in just a plain old biologist!

@katrine_05 - awesome photo!  Also, your daughter looks so much like you!
  • Options
    @JJsMum - I have a 7-year-old friend Evan, and you would be his HERO. 

@spainy17 - I love that you were a hockey/princess!  What town has 53 parades?  Holy cow. 
  • Options
    @blackpearl08 - okay, so now I am imagining you as a Sheldon Cooper-type brainiac, except that you went to a Prince concert at age 12!  Where did you go to school?
  • Options
    @blackpearl08 - well, just your maturity in handling college at 16 is impressive.  I barely made it through my first year of college alive, I was so overwhelmed!
  • Options
    @ReeceFamily‌ .. haha, I just represented the town in 53 parades. All over two states, not all in the same town :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am not interesting whatsoever apparently. I thought I have had an adventurous past...horseback riding (owned 2 by the time I was 15), kayaking in Maine, white water rafting in Tennessee, hiking to beautiful waterfalls in Tennessee.
    It doesn't seem so impressive anymore compared to you ladies though!
    For me though I guess one of the most interesting things I have witnessed is the birth of a foal (baby horse). Watching the birthing process and then seeing the baby learn to walk right after was magical to me. I will forever be grateful to have witnessed something so fascinating.
    Still can't believe some of your experiences though. You ladies are so interesting!

Horses are amazing. What kind of riding do you do? I'm an Eventer!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    @ luvindanimals, but that is totally interesting! I really just like to hear random facts and stories about people. My life these days is pretty much going to work, caring for DD and forgetting to put on deodorant.

@tromboner, OMG. I forget what you do for a living, vet tech? I'm a wildlife biologist but I only get to look at things through binoculars, not actually touch them. And it's never tigers!!
  • Options
    i'm not all that interesting either
    the only weird/random/quirky thing for me is that in high school i wrote to the guitarist of my fave band (toad the wet sprocket) and asked him to my prom....he sent back a hand written letter and said no...but every concert i went to after that and talked to him he always remembered...or least knew he should remember me from somewhere...one of the last ones i went to he actually remembered my name....
    i may or may not have the letter framed hanging up in my room at my parents house....

• Options
    @littleheaven - I loved TTWS, I saw them maybe 5 times in concert back in the day!  That's awesome.
  • Options
    @reecefamily yay! someone who has heard of them!!! did you get their new album new constellation that came out last year?? so awesome...
    i've seen them more times than i can count (my screen name is a song of theirs...most of my screen names for things are toad related...i'm a bit obsessed)

• Options
    @littleheaven - well, I mostly knew them from the Dulcinea album, which I still think is amazing. You have to love a pop band who references Don Quixote and writes an interesting song about an apostle. I had no idea they had a new album out!  I'll have to check it out.
  • Options
    OOOH, I forgot another fun fact (scary fact actually)... Castro was my great uncle (by marriage).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @spainy17‌ that's crazy! Have you met him?
  • Options
    Yes it's definitely not as popular with the Americans as it is in Canada!

I'll AW myself.  (sorry if the pic is huge)

Amazing! I had a friend in Denver who was into curling! I don't even think I knew what it was until I met her a few years ago. I'm from Florida so the closest thing I could think of was the shuffleboard court at my grandparents' mobile home park... but curling is way cooler.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    My interesting stuff is mostly tied to DH's job. We moved abroad and have lots of opportunities to travel, in the past 1.5 years we've been to 8 countries & we have at least one more out of country trip planned before we go back to the US for a while. And then we're off again.

My first concert was Garth Brooks. I was probably only 7 or 8 and I cried because it was too loud and demanded we go home. My second concert was Dierks Bentley, Keith Urban & Kenny Chesney and if you were a country fan at that time... you'd know that was a pretty awesome combination.

And I was on a bowling league for about 13 years.
  • Options
    @DCKate‌ I just did local hunter/jumper shows and 4-H. Nothing as exciting as eventing! I have some old riding buddies that do it though. It's amazing to watch!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, I haven't met him. My aunt was 12 in Cuba when her mother began having an affair with Castro. They had political meetings in their living room! Eventually her dad found out and left with my aunt to the states and her mother continued the affair and ended up having another daughter with him! She still has internment contract with her mom and half sister. She is really normal though. Weird, right??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ReeceFamily I used to be a vet tech back in '06 and '07 but had to leave because I wasn't registered, just trained on the job, so made only a couple dollars above minimum wage. I currently manage my local PetSmart. I plan to either continue to climb up in the company and become a regional manager or finish my biology degree and land a job at a zoo or aquarium. The tigers and things were really fun to see up close, they were ALWAYS asleep for us though. Being a wildlife biologist sounds awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"