February 2013 Moms

Candy

So our kids will be getting a butt ton of Halloween candy tonight and tomorrow and I'm curious to know how you'll be handling said candy consumption? Tonight is trick or treat for us and I'm sure he'll get a few pieces tonight. I'm thinking after that he'll be allowed one piece a day. Until I'm tired of having candy in the house or until DH and I have ate it all ;)
Married: August 2008
DS born: February 2013
TTC #2: Nov. 14
Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16

Re: Candy

• L already went trick or treating once so we just kept all that candy and are planning to hand it out on Halloween. She doesn't even know it's candy except once when she caught me eating it...
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• We're just going to do a couple pieces after trick or treating and then pretend she ate everything she got. Mommy will make quick work of the rest :)

ETA: mobile typing is hard

This. I'll let her have a little but the rest is for me, lol. And we're not going to many houses so she probably won't get a whole lot anyway.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • Ok I feel bad that my kid is super aware of what candy is. He's been excited for a week now. Everyday he says "Trick or treat....tomorrow?" and "Candy! Bite!"

Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • DD is well aware that it is food lol.  I dont mind her having a few pieces here and there because she's only going to about 4 houses, and its not a normal thing for us to have candy hanging around. However, my cookie cravings have been out of control. And she found my stash. That will be harder to break her of!

• Well DS caught me opening the Halloween candy last night we bought for Trick-or-Treaters and he wouldn't leave me alone until I gave him some. I am pretty sure he knows that it is edible so I am not sure how we will handle the candy. Probably put it up and give him a piece here and there until mommy and daddy eat it all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ds shrieks and screams every time he sees Reese's wrappers. He will want all the candy. I will give him some on Halloween and a few pieces here and there for about a week. Then it will disappear.

Side note, last year, I told dd the cat stole her candy. She still fusses at him for it.
  • StephPeth said:

DD is well aware that it is food lol.  I dont mind her having a few pieces here and there because she's only going to about 4 houses, and its not a normal thing for us to have candy hanging around. However, my cookie cravings have been out of control. And she found my stash. That will be harder to break her of!

Same here. He knows. But he also loves peas so much he will try to chew on the bag of frozen peas at the store, so I think everything in moderation.
  • Roo (ds) doesn't quite get the concept of candy so he'll probably get a little extra tomorrow and maybe as treats until dh and I eat it all. I'm just happy he loves to brush his teeth lol!
  • K doesn't know what candy is or care about it. Which is sad for me because I want her to trick or treat. So I can have all the candy. I WANT ALL THE CANDY!

This was me last year. LO was barely eating much real food at that point, let alone candy. We only saw the grandparents and H's sister and I was bummed that 'LO' didn't get any candy. That no one knew me well enough to know that I would be eating all the candy. Guess I still carry a bit of a grudge. Sigh.
  • They gave out treat bags at nursery school yesterday. I let Mac have the super tiny bag of popcorn twists and I hid the rest... Poor choice, I tried to eat a piece and felt like I was going to puke for the rest of the day. Pregnancy is not my friend this Halloween.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"