July 2015 Moms

Hey everyone need some help

Hey guys.... first off congratulations is in or to everyone because since your on here you made it and your preggers.....
I have been trying for 5 months and gave up and to my surprise the month I gave up it happen I'm 5 weeks pregnant.
I'm having symptoms galore. So Monday on my birthday I had a scratchy throat signs of a cold... now today I woke up with a bad cough my body feels exhausted and runny nose... is this normal and 5 weeks what can I do to get better
I am a elementary teacher I work with kids and germs every day. .. what should I do... I know the pregnancy is prolly making me tired UT what about every thing else

Re: Hey everyone need some help

• I have the sore throat too, and wondering if its a symptom or I'm just getting a cold. Hope you feel better soon!

BFP: 04/03/2014  EDD: 12/15/2014  HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

BabyFetus Ticker

• I think it sounds like you have a cold. I've never heard of pregnancy causing a sore throat or cough. Get some rest and use Tylenol if you need to.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, from what I've read it seems like your body shuts down a bit of its immune system when you're pregnant so that the body doesn't reject your fetus, but as a result getting colds are quite normal.  I'd also recommend getting a flu shot (if you haven't already--as a teacher I'm betting you're all over that) when you feel better.  I hope you do feel better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Meggos1988Meggos1988 member
    edited October 2014
    Hope you feel better

Ok wrong place sorry, edit to remove post from here....
    January Siggy Challange- July 15

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• I weep for our future, if you truly are an elementary school teacher. 

But yeah, sounds like a cold. Take care of yourself, get rest, and drink fluids. 
    Your inside voice got out. This is a little harsh and rude.
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have actually been really congested and had post nasal drip since the day before I got my BFP almost 2 weeks ago. I thought it was a cold but I never developed any other cold symptoms so who knows!
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I weep for our future, if you truly are an elementary school teacher. 

But yeah, sounds like a cold. Take care of yourself, get rest, and drink fluids. 
    Your inside voice got out. This is a little harsh and rude.
    Um, did you see what she wrote? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"