August 2014 Moms

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• I'm really judgmental of other parents.

For example...some of our best friends have a daughter who is three and isn't even close to potty trained and it bothers the crap out of me. They don't even make an attempt to TEACH her. They just get mad at her every time she poops in her diaper. Work with her! Teach her! And take the damn diaper off of her! She doesn't know what to do by magic, people...

Edit: I guess this is technically more of a confession...

Are you sure you know the whole story? Speaking as a parent of a three year old (boy) who had no problem being pee potty trained at 2.5 but is finally just turning the corner on pooping in the potty regularly, it's no picnic for everyone. We've read books, articles, engaged the help of our pediatrician and his teachers... We've implemented various strategies. We haven't ever yelled at him for pooping in his pull-up, but we also don't share with all our friends everything we've tried. Maybe they are trying and are just embarrassed isn't working yet? Just throwing it out there.

I wish that was the case, but I really don't think so. Anytime we are around them they make absolutely no attempt to work with her. I understand what you and another PP say about each child being different, but it sounds like you both tried very hard with your children. These friends of ours don't....at all. They yell at her, "Don't poop in your diaper, poop in the toilet". Then put a new diaper on. End of story. It's frustrating!

I do apologize for making you and other PP make it sound like I'm judging all parents with three year olds untrained...I only meant these friends who make no attempt.

• Shiva14 said:

Here is a second one. I HATE it when people with daughters say "daughters will love you forever" as if your sons won't. It makes my heart hurt.

One of my coworkers said something along those lines a while ago. He said because he has two daughters he'll always have someplace to go for thanksgiving. Since I have a DS, guess I'm screwed.
  • Loading the player...

• @lizzie82088‌ leg gaps sound like they're just a bit big. If they are one size, maybe LO is just not big enough yet. You may also need to go tighter.

As far as staining, nothing a bit of sun won't fix.

I'm using prefolds and thirsties covers... I fooled with the covers just now and put it on the tightest snap... No leaks yet but fingers crossed! My bank account needs me to get good with these diapers :-P

Jelly roll fold helps.

Lifesaver!! I am now happily leak free! I'm using my CDs much more now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Halloween and Christmas can go ahead and be over with now. Thanksgiving can stick around because of the food. I'm ready for summer.
    On that note, I hate Thanksgiving. You can make that food any time of the year. Now if I wore a costume, and went around asking for candy at any time of the year other than Halloween, I'd probably be locked up.

Also,  I love Christmas because I'm gift grabby. HA, I said it! But in no way, shape, or form will I ask for gifts. If people give them, I'm on cloud nine. Hence, why I never had a bridal or baby shower. Nope, nope, nope, nope.
  • hmctagg01 said:
    I meant to post this yesterday but never got a chance. I am majorly side eyeing anyone who has been away from their LO overnight for multiple trips already. Work trips are one thing, but I don't get choosing to be away from your baby this early on. Maybe when it's my second I won't mind as much, and of course I miss sleep, but I knew how much work it was going in and I think it's just selfish to go away overnight and have someone else assume my responsibility. I EBF so it's not even really possible without tons of pumping. Maybe I'm just jealous lol.
    I've only left her overnight once (though it was for two nights), but my mom has been BEGGING me to do it again ever since, so I don't really think it's selfish to let someone else assume the responsibility if they enjoy it and want to. 
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• I want an overnight break sooooo badly!! Take a Valium, down a bottle of wine and sleeeeeep.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • I will gladly take an overnight break. Two young kids + back to work = emotional, tired, & stressed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can't wait for an overnight break... My mom and dad agreed to take DS for New Year's Eve so my husband and I can have a night together. I am looking forward to some Jose Cuervo and a full nights sleep!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"