August 2014 Moms

UO Thursday

Let it out
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kareik01kareik01 member
    edited October 2014

I'm really judgmental of other parents.

For example...some of our best friends have a daughter who is three and isn't even close to potty trained and it bothers the crap out of me. They don't even make an attempt to TEACH her. They just get mad at her every time she poops in her diaper. Work with her! Teach her! And take the damn diaper off of her! She doesn't know what to do by magic, people...

Edit: I guess this is technically more of a confession...

• I have decided I actually like pumping. Well ok, I don't love the actual pumping but I do love the freedom it provides me. I don't like BF in public, plus a bottle takes half the time. The fact that I get a break from 2-3 feedings per day is what is keeping me ok with BF.
  • Pretty sure this will be a UO...

When I was a kid, my sister and I and all our little friends LOVED the "diarrhea" songs. You remember, the ones like  "when you're sliding into first and you feel something burst DIARRHEA, it's DIARRHEA". It was so silly and immature but we thought it was hilarious and I have good memories of us and our entire softball team singing them and making up new ones. I am sort of hopeful that they are still a thing kids like these days and that DD learns them because my 12-year-old-boy sense of humor still finds them funny.

Side note: DH is not from the US and I asked him if kids in his home country have anything similar. He was horrified. 
    https://diarrheasong.blogspot.com/?m=1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate cloth diapering. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe I'm just lazy but they always leak and it's a whole lot of extra work and I'm not into that. However I'm still doing it about 50% of the time.
  • I don't like when FI puts DS to bed... I prefer to do it. I have my own little routine going and I don't care that I'm a control freak over it.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

• I hate cloth diapering. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe I'm just lazy but they always leak and it's a whole lot of extra work and I'm not into that. However I'm still doing it about 50% of the time.

I suggest visiting the CD board. They have been nothing but helpful and have a wealth of experience to draw on.
    Where are you leaking?

The pee leaks out the legs and the poo keeps staining the covers. :(
  • I am from the  Bay Area and I hate the Giants. I can't help but admire what Mad Bum did, but otherwise I am really annoyed they won.  
  • @lizzie82088‌ leg gaps sound like they're just a bit big. If they are one size, maybe LO is just not big enough yet. You may also need to go tighter.

As far as staining, nothing a bit of sun won't fix.

I'm using prefolds and thirsties covers... I fooled with the covers just now and put it on the tightest snap... No leaks yet but fingers crossed! My bank account needs me to get good with these diapers :-P
  • @flip_flops‌ I don't think that's an UO at all. Last year I said something to two people who did that and refused to give candy to two ladies dressed like babies with no kids. Seriously, don't come to my house unless you are of an appropriate age.
  • I'm excited for the time change... I start work next week, and LO had been waking at 7 on the for every morning... I need it to be 6 so we can get out of the house on time. I hope the time change works in our favor!!
  • Elaina22 said:

@flip_flops‌ I don't think that's an UO at all. Last year I said something to two people who did that and refused to give candy to two ladies dressed like babies with no kids. Seriously, don't come to my house unless you are of an appropriate age.

The ladies were dressed like babies??

• Elaina22 said:

@flip_flops‌ I don't think that's an UO at all. Last year I said something to two people who did that and refused to give candy to two ladies dressed like babies with no kids. Seriously, don't come to my house unless you are of an appropriate age.

Yes, sucking on pacifiers and all.
  • loislayn said:
    UO: Trick or treating is for people of all ages. As long as you are in a costume.
    Even so, I'd still feel awkward as hell trick or treating or seeing other adults asking for candy at my door. Its weird....
  • I had an adult last year, no costume. She was carrying a stuffed dog and wearing a necklace that said over the hill.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • One more- I really want my parents to take DS for a whole night soon. I want to get drunk, have non rushed/hushed sex and sleep all night. I feel so guilty about this. Has anyone else done this yet or am I the worlds worst mother?
  • poofwokpoofwok member
    edited October 2014

One more- I really want my parents to take DS for a whole night soon. I want to get drunk, have non rushed/hushed sex and sleep all night. I feel so guilty about this. Has anyone else done this yet or am I the worlds worst mother?

I'm dying to get DS babysat over night. I'd feel guilty asking seeing as he still wakes up atleast once a night.

But yeah, I'd love the break and to have a night for just FI and I.

Edit: words are hard
  • Elaina22 said:

Elaina22 said:

Yes, sucking on pacifiers and all.
    LOL were they drunk?

• One more- I really want my parents to take DS for a whole night soon. I want to get drunk, have non rushed/hushed sex and sleep all night. I feel so guilty about this. Has anyone else done this yet or am I the worlds worst mother?

Hubby and I went out of state for a wedding when LO was 4 weeks, leaving her with my mom for 3 days. I didn't get to sleep all night, because I woke up every 3 hours to pump in order to maintain my supply, but it was a pretty nice weekend nonetheless.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Shiva14Shiva14 member
    edited October 2014
    We are taking our baby trick or treating! But we are going with his cousins and won't be asking for candy. I would definitely take alcohol though :P

Just a thought about adults trick or treating. You don't know people's story. Maybe they are disabled, lonely or maybe they just love Halloween and candy. If they want to ring my doorbell to get a tootsie roll they certainly can. Also, I don't care if people say trick or treat for the above reason.

Edited because the app hates me.
  • Here is a second one. I HATE it when people with daughters say "daughters will love you forever" as if your sons won't. It makes my heart hurt.
  • Shiva14 said:

Here is a second one. I HATE it when people with daughters say "daughters will love you forever" as if your sons won't. It makes my heart hurt.

Is this a real saying? Never heard of it
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Shiva14 said:

Here is a second one. I HATE it when people with daughters say "daughters will love you forever" as if your sons won't. It makes my heart hurt.

I've seen it used a few times outside of TB but then it was mentioned in the GTKY thread earlier and I remembered how much I hate it. The phrase goes "boys belong to their future wives, girls belong to their moms forever" (just the part about the girls was used earlier).
  • Shiva14 said:

Shiva14 said:

I've seen it used a few times outside of TB but then it was mentioned in the GTKY thread earlier and I remembered how much I hate it. The phrase goes "boys belong to their future wives, girls belong to their moms forever" (just the part about the girls was used earlier).

I've heard, "A daughter is a daughter her entire life and a son is a son 'til he finds a wife." Someone told my mom this after my brother was married and didn't come home for a holiday. She was less than thrilled.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"