November 2013 Moms
Options

White poop?

First, let me start off by saying I haven't been on the boards in a long while. My life has been in shambles for 7-8 months. It started with my Dad's cancer returning, then I was laid off, then on the other spectrum, I was hired by a great company but was required to relocate my whole family from FL to SoCal. It's only been in the last few weeks that life has settled down. I have missed you all and should of turned here for support!

On to the issue. Anyone deal with white poop? LO has it twice, not consecutively. Of course Dr. Google indicated I should be at the ER getting a possible bile duct unclogged instead of typing this out, but LO seems and acts normal. The most plausible scenario is either a food allergy - possibly gluten or dairy or the aftermath of a viral issue. 

I have a call in to make an appt with a pediatric internist (I hate the ped here, so any SoCal bumpies with recommendation would be great!) but just wanted to check with the ladies to see if anyone has been through this yet?

imageimage

Re: White poop?

• Options
    No good at searching for past posts, but I do remember this from ages ago. Newborn poop is probably different from toddler ahem baby poop, but I know I've seen this before. I know that was absolutely no help, but fingers crossed that person sees this and chimes in!

• Options
    @CaitS07 I'm sorry you've hit such a rough spot lately. I would talk to the pedi. Where in SoCal are you? We have a pedi we adore in Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach. The group is not great though.
    Hopefully you can make it to our next SoCal GTG.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven't had white poop, but besides blood in poop that is the only color my ped ever asks about. I would take LO in to see someone.

Welcome back, I'm glad things have gotten better for you!

• Options
    My guy had a white poop fluke earlier this week. I think it was because we were loading him with blueberries and prunes to help him go poo. I don't see it as a cause for concern if it was a random 1 time thing.  But, I also agree call the doc to double check.
  • Options
    @cagoldi

We are in Irvine :) Finally found a house 2 weeks ago and are getting settled in. We were in corporate housing for 6 weeks and I thought I was going to have a heart attack if I had to live there any longer!

I plan to show at the next GTG if you all will take a transplant SoCal girl :)

Consistency was pretty normal. I've been eating more dairy it seems like the past few days and we've been every other week with some type of viral infection. He started daycare when we got to CA. This morning his poop was more yellow/gray so I think it might be an allergy related. The doc said to keep an eye on it and cut our dairy to see if it improves. Next white/gray poop is an automatic trip to gastrointerologist. 

I'd love the information on the pediatrician. 

Thank you all for the comments! It's good to be back! I'll keep ya updated on the white poop situation. 

• Options
    @CaitS07‌ We'll take ya! @chrisy_01 is a CA transplant also.

A few of my GFs use Newport Children's Medical Group and love them. You might check and see if they take your insurance. They have extended hours and do appointments 7 days a week. Offices are in Newport, Mission Viejo, HB, and Costa Mesa. If we did decide to switch I'd go with them. One if their docs visited the baby and checked on us in the hospital and we really liked her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"