Cloth Diapering
Options

Breast milk antibody question.

Logan (1 1/2 years) keeps getting sick. I had to take him to the ER last night because his fever caused seizures. :(

I was thinking about giving him some BM in a sippy cup. Would it be worth not building much of a freezer stash for Anders? Would it even help Logan, if my milk is meant for a two month old?
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Breast milk antibody question.

• Options
    :(. This is my understanding but take it with a grain of salt. Up until about six months the gut isn't sealed, so things babies eat can end up in their blood stream (like antibodies from milk), after that not so much. Also it's the exposure to their saliva during the act of nursing that stimulates your body to create specific antibodies to whatever sickness they have.

But it certainly won't hurt and there's lots of good stuff in there other than antibodies that might help.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I tried giving him some pumped, from the fridge and he wouldn't drink it. I mixed it half and half with WCM and he didn't like that either. Oh well, it was worth a shot. :(

Thanks for the help, ladies.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AggieMom0809AggieMom0809 member
    edited October 2014
    doeie04 said:
    I tried giving him some pumped, from the fridge and he wouldn't drink it. I mixed it half and half with WCM and he didn't like that either. Oh well, it was worth a shot. :( Thanks for the help, ladies.
    I don't know of any kid that has willingly drank breast milk (even not knowing what it was) once they were weaned. It was a taste issue. I tried to do it with my first when I was running out of milk for her cereal
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    doeie04 said:
    I tried giving him some pumped, from the fridge and he wouldn't drink it. I mixed it half and half with WCM and he didn't like that either. Oh well, it was worth a shot. :( Thanks for the help, ladies.
    I don't know of any kid that has willingly drank breast milk (even not knowing what it was) once they were weaned. It was a taste issue. I tried to do it with my first when I was running out of milk for her cereal
    I love it.  I think it tastes much better than that crap that comes out of a cow.
    Well, since I can't have dairy and I have a massive supply its all we use here...
  • Options
    Oh YUM maple!  Why haven't I thought of that?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    doeie04 said:
    I love it.  I think it tastes much better than that crap that comes out of a cow.
    I'll give you that most cow's milk sucks. I tried breast milk out of curiosity with my oldest and it was a weird kind of sweet. 
  • Options
    He will steal Anders' bottles if we set it down, though. Silly kid. ;)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"