October 2014 Moms
Options

Gooberdoofus95 birth story

Woke up in the morning and having bad cramps. Also having very strong contractions but nothing time able all day. We had our baby class at 4:30 but nobody showed up but us so they went ahead and cancelled it. So since DD was already at the sitters we decided to go downtown and walk around, just to enjoy some time together. We started walking about 5pm and then headed home at 6pm. On my way home I started have stronger contractions and they started coming closer together. DH was making spaghetti for dinner while I started timing contractions at 6:25pm and was steady at 5 minutes apart for over 2 hours. We headed to the hospital about 7:30pm got there a little after 8pm and finally got all checked in at 9pm. Luckily my doctor was the one on call and that made me feel much better! Cervix was checked at 9pm and was between 3-4cm, 90% effaced and -1 station. So they went ahead and admitted me and got my room ready at 9:15pm. They were asking me all kinds of questions and needed to start an IV and draw blood. When the nurse stuck my hand for the IV she hit the jackpot and blood was everywhere, which saved me a needle poke by the guy getting ready to drawl blood. While they were asking questions and cleaning my arm up I had a strong contraction and everyone heard this "Pop" sound off the monitor. My Water broke on its own at 9:40pm (gushing), got checked and was at 5cm. I knew contractions would become very intense and closer together so I told them to go ahead and call the pain doctor. Contraction then became 2-3 mins apart and after an hour the pain doctor arrived. I was at 7-8cm dilated at 10:25pm. Got epidural at 10:45 took two tries and hurt really bad due to contractions coming so quickly and painfully. The epidural gave me the shakes but I felt like I was freezing. Got checked at 11pm and at a 9cm. At 12:00am I'm fully dilated and LO was working her way down! So to save on pushing they told me to wait until I had the urge to push. After 3 1/2 hours of waiting for LO to come down a bit further we were ready to push. After the first push to see if she was coming down, I had to throw up and there went my spaghetti! After that I felt great and we started pushing. After about 3 pushes they decided to adjust the bed and had me squat, then after 2 pushes I was crowning and they called my doctor in. DH had to sit down in between my contractions because he was light headed but when a contraction came and we went to push he was right back at my side. He cut the cord and stayed with her while she was getting checked out! Adelyn Marie was born at 3:46am, weighing 8.7 and 22in! We pushed for about 30 minutes. Even though I got the epidural I was able to get up and walk around shortly after delivering and took a shower. I loved the fact that I was still able to move my legs and know when a contraction was coming. With DD1 I wasn't able to feel anything below my armpits and was like that for hours after delivery. Since everything was fine with me and LO when left the hospital after 32 hours, we had the option to stay if we wanted to but I wanted to get home and eat real food!! DH has been great with her and takes her every time he gets the chance, I am so very proud of him!

Re: Gooberdoofus95 birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"