Stay at Home Moms
Options

Ugh, my kids Halloween costume

She picked it out today. Decided too many girls are going to be Anna and Elsa. She has both outfits but decided on being a pumpkin. I tried to convince her to be the cute fuzzy pumpkin, nope she picked the tarted up pumpkin mini dress with bustier. I am putting a black turtleneck under and orange leggings. I am still cringing. I should have put my foot down. Mom fail!

Re: Ugh, my kids Halloween costume

• Options
    I think the black turtle neck is a good compromise! How old is she? I'm clutching my pearls that they even make the tarted up ones in kid size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's basically this costume but doesn't say cutie pie on it. Technically it's maybe not a bustier but all the costumes seem really grown up to me lol! I will post a pic tomorrow after the school parade, it looks way better with the leggings and sweater!
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't think that dress is any different than the princess and fairy costumes.

• Options
    Awww, haha well, lesson learned 'eh? ;) And it sounds super cute and not tart-like at all after your modifications.

Thank goodness my 8yr wants to be another bird this year so I could avoid costume shopping entirely (online shopping for wings and a feathered mask FTW!) because the tarted-up kid's costumes deserve at least an eye-roll and a swerve of my cart in the other direction. Yuck!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    This may be the Duggar in me but I agree! Without the turtleneck and legging this shows way too much skin for a child. I would be uncomfortable dressing my daughter in that on its own. With the turtleneck and legging though I think you'll be alright!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"