Cloth Diapering
Options

Still having night issues

I took all of your advice and got some Sbish snapless fitteds. I really like them, and I think they are definitely enough to contain my toddler's nighttime pee, especially with the added inserts, but I'm still getting leaks with my Thirsties Duo (size 2) covers and I tried an unstuffed BG 4.0 over one last night, and again, leaks at the legs and the top. The fitted is pretty wet, but I don't think soaked to the point that it should leak out of the covers. Do I need a new cover? Is there something I can do with the fit to keep it from leaking in the front and the front of the legs? LO is a tummy sleeper, and moves around a lot at night. I really don't want to buy anything else, so any tips for getting a good fit would be great. Or should I add another hemp insert or something??
#1 7/2013
#2 3/2015
#3 3/2017
#4 10/2019

Re: Still having night issues

• Options
    I really like my Capris and Coveralls for night time bc they are so big. For some reason the solids are extra stretchy, too, so I can get them nice and tight without them being uncomfortable.

• Options
    Definitely check the fit again.  If there is any of the fitted sticking out it'll wick.  Since LO is a tummy sleeper, do you have extra absorbency in the front?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are your fitteds fully prepped?
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I prepped with three full washes, and I've used them a few times since then each. I'm sure they're still gaining absorbency, but I think they're fairly well prepped. I think it's just hard for the cover to stay all the way over in the spot where the leg meets the crotch, where the tabs are. I tried one-piece PJs last night and no leaks, but I think her two piece PJs with pants get stuck in that crease and that's where the wicking comes from. 

I will try the absorbency more to the front tonight. The rise snaps are already fully undone on all her diapers and covers since she has a long torso/rise. I might have to try the Blueberry covers if they are really bigger than others. I'd prefer not to have to invest in wool, but if that is my only option, how many covers would I need? And what supplies are needed for cleaning them? 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options
    Are their good instructions on how to use Wool somewhere? I'm thinking I might try to convert an old sweater that doesn't fit anymore into a wool cover for C.
  • Options
    If im not careful, Logan's pajamas will touch the fitted in the front and wick. I have to make sure the cover is pulled up enough in the front so the fitted doesn't peek out when he lays down.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    Have you tried just unsnapping the center snap to get the taller rise, but leaving the side snaps buttoned down to fit the thighs?
  • Options
    That's brilliant, Kelly! :)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    Have you tried just unsnapping the center snap to get the taller rise, but leaving the side snaps buttoned down to fit the thighs?
    I will have to experiment with this tomorrow!
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options
    also...fleece pjs help.

and...how old are the covers?  Does the elastic need to be replaced?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's been a few nights, how's it going?
  • Options
    The Thirsties covers are pretty much brand new, she just outgrew the size ones, so I got a few size twos over the summer, but we only use them occasionally. Her pocket covers have been used in a large rotation for around a year, and only one has relaxed elastics that I can tell, so I don't think it's that.

I've had hit or miss results the last few nights. When I put the Sbish on with two of the inserts and make sure they're super super tucked in, I've had a few nights with no leaks. My husband usually does the bedtime routine though, and I don't think he's as diligent at making sure they're really well tucked in around the legs. I definitely think her PJs make a difference, since they really seem to get tucked in her leg crevices, but I just bought her a whole week worth of cotton PJs and I'd rather not buy all new fleece ones. I might try her with a regular pair of fleece pants tonight and see if that helps. 

She didn't used to be such a heavy wetter, but she's starting peeing WAY more, both day and night in the last few months. Is there a point where this lets up or will it be this way for the foreseeable future? 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options
    Robi1 said:
    I will have to experiment with this tomorrow!
    Also, I tried this but if the rise is snapped lower on the sides, it doesn't cover the diaper at the top of the front. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options
    What about a pull on?

(We use disposables overnight :) )
  • Options
    Ahhhh!!!! I am at my wit's end! Could my Thirsties covers be defective?? I can get them to cover up the entire fitted no problem, I finally moved the waist snaps out, and did the edge rise ones, and it was completely covering the diaper all night, but the cover was still soaked through in the morning! Like, the PUL felt wet! I've barely even used them. Is there something I can do to seal them? The Bumgenius covers don't feel wet like that, but they are not big enough to cover the fitted around the legs and the top, so that's why they're leaking. 

Would a pull on cover help that? If not, I'm trying the Blueberry coveralls. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"