February 2013 Moms

I'm going to pat myself on the back right now.

MIL called DH last night and said she was coming over tonight with my SIL.  DH didn't tell me until breakfast this morning.  Old me would have flipped out trying to get the house clean for their visit and called them to see if they also wanted to have dinner with us.  New me has not done one thing to clean this place up and did not call. 

I've come a long way.  It's refreshing to not care what your MIL thinks of you anymore.  I have four kids and can't get this place visit ready with less than 24 hours notice without stressing myself out.  She's got to learn that somehow.

Feel free to pat yourself on the back for something here, too.

Re: I'm going to pat myself on the back right now.

• OK.  Scratch that.  MIL just called and basically invited herself over for dinner, so I now have to lift a finger and do something.

Sigh.

• Loading the player...
  • DC2London said:

I ran 4 miles, pushing a stroller, this week.  Win.

That is awesome!! Does this mean Rhys is riding better in the stroller for you? I remember he was giving you trouble a while back.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• I want to pat myself on the back for letting things go more often. I point out petty things that irk me to dh which usually starts a fight. I've really learned you have to pick your battles and have a trusting relationship. As long as he's a good husband and father the rest can be let go. If something interferes with that then it's worth discussing but I don't need to act like his mother.
  • DC2London said:

Poppy523 said:

DC2London said:

I ran 4 miles, pushing a stroller, this week.  Win.

That is awesome!! Does this mean Rhys is riding better in the stroller for you? I remember he was giving you trouble a while back.

YES @Poppy523 it was actually your suggestion that helped.  I got Jack to ride his bike right in front of us, and I turned on 1D (their favorite) on my phone and put my phone in the cupholder rather than using headphones.  If he could see Jack, and I kept good music playing and kept moving, he was content.  Then his language explosion came and he really enjoyed pointing out various things along the way (I try to stick to busy roads so he can point out buses, trucks, etc).  Now he has learned where the playgrounds are along our various routes so he knows, based on which way we are going, that there is a playground waiting for him at the end of the jog if he behaves :)  It's brilliant.

That's awesome, I'm so glad it worked! The playground idea is perfect, I am going to work that into our routes when I can start running again!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"