Infertility
Options

PCOS girls what was your IVF protocol and outcome?

I have consulted with Dr.Sher and he is telling me that the reason for my immature eggs in my IVF cycle is because girls with pcos have too much ovarian testosterone/LH production & basically that I need to be really down regulated before a cycle to shut off my pituitary & my body's natural production of LH & testosterone. He suggested two months of birth control and then an agonist/antagonist conversion protocol, basically where you start with birth confront and then overlap that with Lurpon and then switch to ganirelix starting cycle day one. You continue with FSH cycle day 3 for a few days and then add in half doses of menopur. He says that too much LH is causing my immature egg problem and if you do an antagnoist protocol and start the ganirelix when the follices get to 14mm that its too late and by then you have already let too much of your own hormone have control over your cycle. I don't know if I believe this. If he is right why doesn't ever RE do this? What was your protocol for IVF and do you get immature eggs? He says my problem is premature luteinization because my progesterone always rises before trigger and that causes immature eggs. Has anyone else had premature rise in progesterone and did you get immature eggs?

Re: PCOS girls what was your IVF protocol and outcome?

• Options
    I was on Antogonist protocol for IVF 1 without BCP and I had only 2 mature eggs retrieved, and 1 fertilized. This cycle we are doing 4 weeks of BCP and the same protocol with increased dosage to see if we can get more eggs. 
  • Options
    fjamil1fjamil1 member
    edited October 2014
    I was put on BCP for  scheduling purposes, and I don't get AF regularly. I was going to be on it for 3 weeks, but then had to go an extra week due to my MIL coming this Saturday, and I had a lot of work to do before her arrival. I do not know if CD 1 will fall on Sunday or Monday, but I will ask them to start me at least on CD 2. last cycle I started stims on Day 4, and added Cetroitde on Day 7 of stims and the largest follies were already 17 and 18. all the other were 15 and under.

Edit: My LH started off at 6.5, but when I started Cetrotide it went down to 3.89 and then 2.96 the day before trigger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will ask my RE about it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"