Trouble TTC
Options

HCG Levels *BFP and Possible Loss mentioned*

First off, I know I haven't been actively posting on thebump for very long, so I am breaking the rules mentioning a BFP when I don't have close bumpie friends.  I also apologize if this isn't the right board for the topic.  I wasn't sure where to go and this is the board I have been hanging out in the most.  If you think this topic is suited for a better board, let me know as I couldn't decide what category it fell into.

Brief intro - We have been trying to conceive since July 2013 and I have never been pregnant before.  After treatments of Clomid, a uterine septum diagnosis, surgery, and being benched for recovery, we had our first Letrozole, HCG trigger, TI cycle.  

I thought this cycle was a bust as I took 3 pregnancy tests on my 14 dpo and got faint evap lines for all.  I know they were evap because within the 10 minutes there was nothing.  After the 10 minutes there were clear lines that DH could even see.  I chalked it up to another failed cycle.  Since I was on progesterone tablets, I decided to call the RE to see if I should continue them or not.  I even posted questions about that in a previous post.

The RE said to keep taking them and come in for an HCG blood test just to be sure.  I got my results on Friday and my HCG was a 5 which is on the border of pregnant and non pregnant.  The nurse called with the results and said I am probably having a Chemical Pregnancy and to repeat the HCG test on Monday.

Well Tuesday I looked at my online chart and my HCG was a 56!!!  I was so excited I called my husband.  The nurse then called again and said unfortunately that was still extremely low for how far I should be and I should expect to miscarry.  They ordered another test for this Thursday with a progesterone level added to it.

In my opinion, the fact that it rose over 11 times what it was on Friday is a good sign.  Is there any hope for this bean?  Certain charts I have found online said I am within normal range, but I guess the fact that I started at a 5 was a bad sign for the doctors.  They keep saying "unlikely" and "unfortunately" and it breaks my heart.  Does anyone have a similar experience?  This TTC journey has been a rollercoaster and I finally thought I got good news :(  I had a cute and creative way to tell my husband when I finally got pregnant, but now that is out the window because I couldn't hold in the fact that I was PG AND it probably wasn't going to make it.  I'm a total mess.  Thanks for reading my long post and listening....
Me: 28 DH: 29
TTC since July 2013
September 2013 period still hasn't started since getting off BC
October 2013 OBGYN prescribed 4 months of unmonitored Clomid
3 Months of Clomid, ovulated once
Opted to not do 4th cycle without proper testing found new OBGYN
January 2014 new OBGYN diagnosed me with PCOS ordered ultrasound
January 2014 Ultrasound found possible uterine septum
February 2014 MRI confirmed uterine septum, referral to RE
March 2014 RE scheduled septum removal for late June
Benched due to possible miscarriages if falling pregnant, back on BC
June 2014 Septum Removal surgery, hysteroscopy/laparascopy
Laparascopy revealed mild endometriosis
Benched until September 2014 for recovery and healing
October 2014 - First letrozole, HCG trigger, TI cycle, 18mm follie
November 2014 - BFP - loss at 6 weeks
January 2015 - Green light to try again 18mm follie, letrozole, HCG trigger 
January 2015 - BFP - two ultrasounds and strong heartbeat found on Doppler!!!

Re: HCG Levels *BFP and Possible Loss mentioned*

• Options
    I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

To be at a 56 beta on 18DPO is honestly not the kind of number that usually means a healthy pregnancy. I am saying a prayer right now for peace as you deal with this scary waiting time, and for a healthy pregnancy!!

I haven't gone through a loss or possible loss before, but hopefully there are ladies her who have been there and could give you some suggestions. I can't imagine how long each day feels as you're waiting for news. 

(((Hugs))) to you. Perhaps TTCAL and PAIF would be good places to ask for experiences with beta numbers, if it's hard to wait it out?
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this and have no clear answers.  I don't really have any advice, but will offer creepy interweb stanger ((hugs))

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey, I am sorry for what you are going through, beta hell is the worst. First off, please do not got to TTCAL with this possible pregnancy. It will not be received well there and I am trying to spare you that. None of those ladies are pregnant. I would talk to PAIF or even PGAL about this. 

Again, I am sorry for what you are going through, I understand. I have been there but had an ectopic. No experience with a chemical, but many ladies on PGAL have. I hope that you are able to get some answers or some good rising numbers. Maybe you just have a slow starter. ((Hugs)) I am wishing you all the best. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options

I don't have any advice for you, but I wanted to say I am so sorry you are going through this.

I hope you get some better answers soon.

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options
    kistyW13 said:
    I don't have much advice. You can ask the ladies on PgAL or PAIF but please don't go to TTCAL if there is any chance this could be a viable pregnancy. At this point, that is still a possibility. The ladies there will be very welcoming if you do lose this pregnancy, but until then please don't ask them. I really hope your betas continue to rise. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.  (((Hugs))) to you as you wait for more numbers. 
    Thank you so much, @kistyW13 , that's what I was thinking of but I suggested the wrong board!!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    I am overwhelmed by the kind words and virtual hugs.  Thank you so much for your support.  It is hard because I can't talk about this with friends, family, coworkers as it is too hard.  I burst into tears every time.  It is so reassuring to know there is a community here that is ready to step in with wisdom, beautiful words of encouragement, and prayers for a total stranger.  

My husband is a silent griever, so I have a hard time getting him to open up about his feelings.  

When I went in for my first follie ultrasound, they barely had responded to the letrozole.  My second one had an 18mm follie so I triggered.  Maybe I was slower to respond to the HCG shot too?  I keep holding on to a little piece of hope that the doctors are wrong.

Thanks again for being there for me from afar and I will keep you posted :)
    TTC since July 2013

• Options
    So sorry, I do not have any advice just wanted to say that I have my FX for you!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    I don't have any advice to offer, but wanted to send HUGS your way. I hope your numbers continue to rise and you get more good news Monday. FX
  • Options
    Wow that is exciting update I hope your LO sticks!! Breathe lots of deep oxygen-rich breaths and focus on sending the O2 to your womb.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    I had a similar situation. My initial beta was 6. It did go up but was always low and a heartbeat was never detected. I sincerely hope your situation turns out differently than mine. The waiting is the absolute worse. (((Hugs))). It sucks to finally get that BFP and not be able to fully enjoy it.
  • Options
    First, I want to start by saying I am so sorry you're going through this.  Your post reminded too well of my own experience.  

Please know that I only want the best for you and that I am praying that this works out for the absolute best.  I am going to share my experience and be completely honest in my post.  I am in no way trying to hurt you, I just know that when I was going through what I went through I gave myself false hope and it ended up hurting more in the end.

When we got our bfp, I went into the RE that morning and took a blood test.  My hcg was on the low side, so I came in for another hcg test 2 days later.  It rose, but it was still low for how far along I was.  The nurses continuously told me that this was a nonviable pregnancy and was most likely going to end in a miscarriage.  At the time, I was furious that they told me that and wanted to punch each of them in the face as hard as I could.  Now, I realize they were just telling me the facts and were trying to prepare me for what was coming.  The hcg tests and ultrasounds went on for 3 weeks before I finally had to have a D&C due to it not being a healthy pregnancy. 

This was my experience and yours may turn out completely different and I honestly hope and pray it does.  I know how stressful this time is.  It's the absolute worst and most painful time and it feels like the waiting never ends.  Know that I'm here for you and if you ever have any questions or need support I'm happy to give it.  (HUGS)
    Me: 25  DH: 24
    Me: 4th Grade ELAR Teacher  DH: Police Officer
    Married: May 28, 2011
    TTC 1st Child since January 2013
    1st RE Appt: 8/19/14
    Blood Work: 8/26/14
    HSG Test: 9/2/14
    RE Appt to discuss results and treatment: 9/8/14
    Shocking BFP: 9/27/14
    D&C: 10/17/14
    Benching myself until we fully heal
    Unexpected BFP: 1/23/15

• Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this but glad that your numbers are increasing and hope they continue to double on Monday.  I had a similar situation that did not turn out positively (MMC at 8w1d) but another poster on my birth month board had similarly low numbers and she is still pregnant on that board.  I hope you have a positive outcome ((hugs)).  
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Met: 4/25/2004, Married 8/14/2010
    Off BC 1/2013 TTC (actively) since 5/2013
    5/2014 started testing with RE, me:  HSG normal, normal AMH, no cysts; DH: great sperm
    Unexplained IF + unexplained anovulation (post-pill vs hypothalamic)

7/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFN
    8/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFP #1: 9/12/2014, EDD 5/22/2015, MMC 10/11/2014 8w1d
    11/2014 Clomid + Novarel + IUI 12/5/14: BFFN
    12/2014 Comid + Novarel + IUI 1/3/15: ???

**PgAL/PAL welcome**

• Options
    I haven't updated until now as I have been going through a really rough time. I started bleeding Saturday with terrible cramps. I knew something was wrong. My beta levels dropped to 187 Monday. Now I am bleeding more heavily and from the hours of reading I have done, I know nobody comes back from this.

Thank you for all the support and kind words. It seems I have been getting the worst luck in all of this TTC journey. I never thought miscarriage would be something that could happen to me, but I have found life does not always go as we planned. It is kind of a relief to not be in limbo anymore. It was making me crazy.

I busted into uncontrollable tears in front of my bosses at work on Monday. Totally embarrassed but at least they are very compassionate. Thanks again for giving me this opportunity to seek answers and advice. You ladies are the best and I hope for baby dust for all of you :)
    TTC since July 2013

• Options
    I'm so, so sorry.

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    Wishing you the best. When I was preg w my daughter they wanted the numbers to double everyday. So 10 then 20 then 40 then 80 etc.. Hopefully you just implanted late in the game :) GL!
    Success after Infertility! Clomid & IUI November 2010
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

@Rositarae I'm so, so sorry. Please be easy on yourself for awhile and allow yourself to heal as much as is possible in these situations. 

@bryellesullivan Not to be rude, but I don't think this is an appropriate thread for you to comment on, especially after not reading any updates.  
  • Options
    I am so, so sorry you are going through this.
  • Options

@CandST2014 and @hrushka - I'm so glad you two said something. I saw this and had to take myself away from TB for a second to regroup.

@RositaRae - I wish we could just delete the comment from that person. That is NOT what you need right now. I'm so sorry.

@BryelleSullivan - This is not the place for you to "comfort" anybody. Your blatant disregard for reading all comments/updates from OP is not only obvious and tactless, but this is downright rude, offensive and hurtful. I was just blown away by this horrible, half-witted attempt to inject yourself in a community that is not appropriate for you.

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    I am so sorry @RositaRae. Huge ((Hugs)) hun. Take some time for yourself and grieve.
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options

@RositaRae I am so sorry for what you're going through.  Please be extra kind to yourself and take whatever time you need.

I will not even mention the horrible evil troll because she does not deserve my acknowledgement.

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options
    I'm so sorry @RositaRae‌ . I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

• Options
    @RositaRae‌ I'm so sorry you're going through this. I recently went through something similar if you ever need to talk.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Met: 4/25/2004, Married 8/14/2010
    Off BC 1/2013 TTC (actively) since 5/2013
    5/2014 started testing with RE, me:  HSG normal, normal AMH, no cysts; DH: great sperm
    Unexplained IF + unexplained anovulation (post-pill vs hypothalamic)

7/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFN
    8/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFP #1: 9/12/2014, EDD 5/22/2015, MMC 10/11/2014 8w1d
    11/2014 Clomid + Novarel + IUI 12/5/14: BFFN
    12/2014 Comid + Novarel + IUI 1/3/15: ???

**PgAL/PAL welcome**

• Options
    So sorry for your loss

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss.
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Options
    RositaRaeRositaRae member
    edited November 2014
    I was thrown off by @BryelleSullivan‌ because she obviously hadn't read my update. I think if she had, she wouldn't have posted that. I appreciate the posters who stood up for me and let her know what's what around here.

My husband has been telling friends and family and that helps. I don't want to pretend to be okay around them but I also don't want to tell them myself. Every time I talk about it I sob.

It's so hard not to dwell and blame myself right now. I wish I had been healthier and stressed less about work. I really hope RE doesn't bench me too long after this. I feel like I lost so much time as it is. I get yet another HCG to confirm the loss today. My arm looks like I shoot up drugs with all the bruises on it.

I should probably move to one of the loss boards, but I do like it here. Thanks again your sympathies and hugs! It has really helped me cope more than you know.

TTC since July 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"