March 2014 Moms
Options

Baby related Flame free Dumb ?s

edited October 2014 in March 2014 Moms
all the questions you have that might be "dumb" ask here flame free!!!

(Starting over)

Re: Baby related Flame free Dumb ?s

• Options
    Why do lawyers lie?
  • Options
    SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited October 2014
    Oh wait?
    Was this supposed to be baby related?? :-\"

Edit:fixed baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What happened to the old one?
  • Options

Oh wait?
    Was this supposed to be bay related?? :-\"

It can be whatever you want it to be about.

I don't have an answer for that... I assume it's because they get paid lots of money for being good liars
  • Options
    @NewMomma8‌
    That's the theory.
    Solids are not 'supposed to' replace the milk (BM or F), but with all 3 of my kids I've noticed a drop in how long and how frequently they BF.
    I don't give bottles, so I have no idea on actual intake.
    But since starting solids, LO definitely goes longer between feeds. He only nurses about 5 or 6 times a day now, compared to the 8 he used to just a month ago.
  • Options
    I'm kind of going off what @Newmomma8 asked... My mom has been feeding LO cream of wheat the past 2 mornings... Im ok with this, however she said LO only had 2 bottles yesterday.. I thought they should be getting X amount if formula a day .. right ?

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @NewMomma8 Our formula intake has dropped a bit as well since starting solids. We also do solids 3x/day and she eats anywhere from 24-30oz instead of 30-33 before starting solids. We're also just starting to try finger foods now, which take a longer time for her to eat, so I'm thinking her solids intake might go down once those get established. I'd be interested to hear what your pedi says.

My own question: Any tips on clearing up nasal congestion for a sick LO who hates the bulb syringe? (Or advice on getting her to tolerate it?) She won't even let me get at her nose with it -- she swats it away, turns her head, and cries. Yet her nose sounds so congested :( I've been doing a warm bath every night and a humidifier in her room to keep things loose, but I worry how much good that will do if she can't get the snot out. It is messing up her sleep as well since she sleeps with a paci, but her nose is so stuffy she has trouble breathing with the paci in. :-/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    My lo also seems to be taking less milk now that she's eating solids 3 times a day and I've been concerned. She's dropped to nursing only 4 times a day. She'll sometimes nurse five times, but that's only if I really encourage it. And even then it's for a short time.
    I had been giving her solids until she indicated she was done. But now I wonder if I should limit the solids and try to get her back to nursing five times.
    @NewMomma8‌ please let us know what your pedi says! I may call mine too.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• Options

Why do cows moo?

Because sheep already took 'baa' .
  • Options
    @NorthernLghts‌
    LO with get there on her own. If you've got furniture around, as she explores she will start using it.
  • Options
    Wow that's crazy @newmomma8 I hope she feels better . LO only drank 3 oz from the time we got home until the time she went to bed .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 

• Options

If the farmer has a cow in the field. And a dead chicken to roast. What color is his mailbox?

I googled it for you image
  • Options
    damn bump..
  • Options
    Is there a recommended amount of ounces they should be drinking in a day at this age ?

• Options
    tsmith312 said:

Is there a recommended amount of ounces they should be drinking in a day at this age ?

I wonder the same thing but there probly isn't one answer. Lots of factors to consider (breastmilk vs formula, age at introduction of solids, number of solids meals, size of baby).
  • Options

If the farmer has a cow in the field. And a dead chicken to roast. What color is his mailbox?

It has to be red.
  • Options
    @tsmith312‌ LO's pediatrician said 28 oz of formula a day at least. I'm not sure if you ff or bf, or your LO's weight or how any of the factors play into that number, but that's what she told us.
  • Options
    @FarmBoysWife‌ who complained? I was enjoying the philosophical ambience you were bringing to the group today...
  • Options
    Ah say no more haha
  • Options

It was the UO :)

I was enjoying your questions.
    Some of them actually made a person have to think about an answer.
    The pumpkins=orange was a good one.
  • Options
    angelsnightangelsnight member
    edited October 2014
    I wanted to switch my LO to the convertible carseat.  The one I have picked out for the grandparents is basically 5 pounds through 45 or whatever, but I discovered ours actually has weight requirements that she doesn't meet yet.

So it says the child must
    -Weigh at least 20 pounds (LO is 18)
    -Be at least 27 inches tall (she's 26)
    -Be able to sit independently (she can)
    -Be at least one year old (duh, no)

So my question is, once she meets the weight and height requirement, why must she also be one year old or older? 

ETA: And yes, these requirement were for rear-facing installation.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options

What is snow made out of?

Frozen water!
    What color is it?
    Oh snap
    Question one : Once an ice crystal has formed, it absorbs and freezes additional water vapor from the surrounding air, growing into a snow crystal or snow pellet, which then falls to Earth. Snow falls in several forms: Snowflakes are clusters of ice crystals that fall from a cloud.

Second question : Unless a dog passed by or muddy feet walked through, snow is white. There's a scientific reason that snow is white. Light is scattered and bounces off the ice crystals in the snow. The reflected light includes all the colors, which, together, look wHitr

https://scied.ucar.edu/longcontent/snow-white-maybe-or-maybe-not

Source ^^^ (Google)
  • Options

@angelsnight‌ what kind of rear facing seat is it?

I would go to the FAQ section on the mfg website to see if someone's asked that question.

Its a graco nautilaus 3 in 1. I tried that, didn't find any questions. I'll keep looking.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options

Who was the first person to discover the North American continent.

Google says this https://www.history.com/news/the-viking-explorer-who-beat-columbus-to-america
  • Options
    Sorry fbw
  • Options
    @angelsnight‌ what kind of rear facing seat is it? I would go to the FAQ section on the mfg website to see if someone's asked that question.
    Its a graco nautilaus 3 in 1. I tried that, didn't find any questions. I'll keep looking.

I thought the nautilus was only forward facing. That would make the restrictions make sense.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options

@angelsnight‌ - oh no! I just looked online & @Kewii‌ is right. It looks like it's forward facing only. Can you exchange it?

Yes, that's what I was going to say.
    It's convertible, or 3-in-1, as in, can be used farward facing with 5 point harness, booster with seat belt, or backless booster, but it doesn't appear to be rear facing.
  • Options
    MeggsMMeggsM member
    edited October 2014
    NewMomma8 said:

Well, after feeling like I just ran a marathon, left work at 9:45am, got to dr at 10:45am, left dr at 11:45am, then got back to work at 12:50, we found out she has DOUBLE EAR INFECTION.  Dr. said the laying down at night made fluid build up (that's why she hasn't been STTN like usual), the pushing the bottle away was because of the sucking motion hurting her ears.  She said it also could cause her rough skin lately and the butt rash.

So we have antibiotics for 10 days.  I only saw her pull at the top of one ear once, I questioned the idea of an ear infection, but my hubby brushed it off.  I feel horrible.  I don't know how long she has been suffering with this.  Good news was, no fever. 

Aaaaa! My LO has all of these symptoms too and I'm attributing it to teething! She also has some rough skin and has been getting more red around the bum, not a rash yet and no fever. Time to call the pedi for an appt tomorrow.
    Thank you or sharing !
  • Options
    @newmomma8 just curious had lo had a cold recently? Were experiencing some of these symptoms but she hasn't had a cold so I wasn't really thinking ear infection.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ours has been doing ear tugging as well just the right. I only see it though when she is getting tired. Not when nursing and she is fine sleeping so I think hers is just tired related a part of me still wants her check out I feel crazy about it and worry playing the what if game
  • Options
    LaurenAsh23LaurenAsh23 member
    edited November 2014
    Fwiw, I had lo at the pedi on Friday for her flu shot and a recheck of her ears (she had an infection that took 2 antibiotics to finally go away). She's been pulling at both her ears, so I figured she still had an infection...nope! So the ear pulling definitely isn't indicative of ear infections in every baby. The 2 times she actually had an ear infection I didn't even suspect it and had taken her in for a cough.
  • Options
    Pretty sure a low grade fever is also normal with teething
  • Options
    So I went to see the pedi on Saturday regarding the ear pulling, fussiness etc and there was no ear infection. She asked about a cough but LO hasn't really had one. She was much better Saturday and Sunday - she actually started crawling on Saturday and sleeping longer stretches at night! So maybe all of the eat pulling around here is developmental? Batten down the hatches now - March babies are on the move !
  • Options
    Thanks @newmomma8. Luckily our fussiness has subsided a bit and I'm definitely thinking it was teeth. But good to know a cold preceding it is not always the case!

• Options
    @bennieangel I'm not sure with babies but with adults they don't want you to get a flu shot if you're running a fever. My guess is that it would depend on that.
  • Options
    My LO has started getting rough dry patches on his cheeks.  Would you suggest Aquaphor over baby lotion to rehydrate the skin?  I have never used Aquaphor but have heard it mentioned here various times.  TIA
    Anniversary
  • Options
    walkek85 said:

My LO has started getting rough dry patches on his cheeks.  Would you suggest Aquaphor over baby lotion to rehydrate the skin?  I have never used Aquaphor but have heard it mentioned here various times.  TIA

Yes! Aquaphor or A&D ointment are our go-to remedies for dry skin.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @younglove316‌ I was told that babies get full based on volume intake, not what they're eating. So it makes sense that so much water filled her up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"