Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Little man hates tummy time

My little dude still hates tummy time. I've tried every thing I can think of, I put him down when he's already in a good mood, not a super full belly, I lay down there with him, I give him fun things to look at... He tolerates it for mayyyyyybe 3 minutes and then cries and cries until we pick him up. He has rolled over into his back a few times and been fine to play for a while, when he does that I leave him on his back and have a little happy dance for him rolling over. He is so strong already at almost 4 months, he loves to sit up and stand up with help. What else can I do to help him enjoy tummy time?

Re: Little man hates tummy time

• my LO is almost 5 mo. and still dislikes tummy time, hes been gradually lasting longer since he figured out how to push up with his arms, so i dont hv any tips except know you r not alone and stick with it:-)
  • Thanks :-) I'm not worried too much about it because like I said he is definitely strong but I know it is still important for them
  • Loading the player...
  • my baby hates tummy time, what she likes though is when we place her on her tummy on our chest (mine or DH's) and she pushes up and looks around and if she looks us in the face she smiles
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Try doing tummy time differently, who says it has to be on the floor. Our first DD hated it she would scream face down until she would get so worked up you had to pick her up because of all the snot and drool.Try placing baby tummy down on a large exercise ball or when your sitting down on the couch put baby on your shins and hold on to them lifting your legs slightly. Sometimes they just prefer to be more upright.Or do a baby/parent workout lay on the floor on your back put baby on your shins and lift slightly,baby gets tummy time and you get a slight ab workout :)
  • Ooo thanks for the tips ladies. I'll definitely give these a shot!
  • All of that plus if you nurse, nursing in a reclined position, tummy to tummy (does that make sense?) also counts at least partially.
  • My LO hated tummy time and wouldnt pick up her head at all when she was laying on the ground. I read somewhere to put her on a pillow or something really soft. So I out her on her boppy pillow and she started loving tummy time and picked her head all the time. Now when I put her on her play mat with out the pillow she loves tummy time.
  • I bought a Baby Einstein prop pillow that helped us out with tummy time. My son hated tummy time so I would do it for a short amount of time and gradually increase it. Them I added in the pillow and he's loved yummy time on it it off if it ever since. He's 6mths on nov 30th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"