Babies on the Brain

Weird Question.. Need Advice

acurtin713acurtin713 member
edited October 2014 in Babies on the Brain

Hi all! Newbie here! I have a.... I guess you could call it experience question i.e. "has this ever happened to you?" and I will go ahead and say it's probably TMI. But I've never had it happen to me and 2 of my friends that I asked last night (one in nursing school and one a mother) had never had it happen to them either. So I just kind of want a few other women answers before I make a big deal out of nothing or what..

So a little background, I'm 21 and DH is 25. I have been on BC for a few years now, but in Sept DH and I decided to stop taking BC and just let nature run it's course. So we're not actively TTC, but we're not doing anything to stop it either. So anyway.. Oct AF (10/1-10/6) was the 2nd time since coming off of BC. It was strange too, I bled for 48 hours, stopped for 24 hours, and then continued bleeding until the end. But I just associated it with coming off of BC. I am not temping either.

Okay, question time. And here's where it will get TMI. Last night we started to have sex and after a few mins something just didn't feel right, and the pain just kept getting worse. At it's worst it was a sharp pain right where my pubic hair is and I literally could not move for a min or two bc it hurt so bad no matter what position I was in. Then I finally made myself get up and it immediately made me double over laying my head on the bed. after a few mins of staying like that I made myself get up and start walking to see if that did anything.. it didn't. I went and peed and there was absolutely no blood. By now the pain had started to ease up enough for me to walk so I went to the living room and sat in the recliner. After sitting there a few mins it hit me again and I doubled over in pain. My friend in nursing school could only think of pelvic inflammatory disease and told me to take ibuprofen and put heat on it but if it hadn't gone away by an hour to go to the ER. Well I didn't have any ibuprofen so I took advil instead and it did make the pain ease up a lot, but never went completely away.

Well this morning when I got up I still had pain, but not NEAR AS BAD. I almost called into work afraid if I had another episode I would need to leave, but couldn't drive myself. I ended up coming to work and all day I've hurt, but I would say the pain is about like period cramps instead of that horrendous pain like last night. Every now and then I will feel an extra little ping of pain, but nothing compared to last night. And the pain has stayed in that one spot as last night.

Has anybody ever had anything like this happen to them? Any and all advice will be helpful!!

Married 07/13/13

DH-25 & Me-21

Fur baby- Chevy (Jack Russell)

TTC #1 Sept '14

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails
http://media.giphy.com/media/VSRYTP72WYNLq/giphy.gif

Re: Weird Question.. Need Advice

• I have never had that happen but I recommend getting to you gyn and have them run some tests. The only thing that comes to mind is endometriosis which is hard to test for. I hope you feel better.
  • Was the pain on the side or in the middle? It could have been a cyst rupture. I would get to your OB and have some tests run. Hopefully they can find something. If it happens again I would go to the urgent care, they can do an ultrasound and figure out whats going on. (I've had cyst ruptures and have endo and usually they can find something if you go in soon.) Your body does some really funky things on birth control and when you are coming off of them. I work with a very close group of women and we discuss this daily. I hope you get some relief soon!

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Was the pain on the side or in the middle? It could have been a cyst rupture. I would get to your OB and have some tests run. Hopefully they can find something. If it happens again I would go to the urgent care, they can do an ultrasound and figure out whats going on. (I've had cyst ruptures and have endo and usually they can find something if you go in soon.) Your body does some really funky things on birth control and when you are coming off of them. I work with a very close group of women and we discuss this daily. I hope you get some relief soon!

It was directly in the middle. Pain is pretty much gone by now. Even tho pain is gone could there still be something wrong? I just don't want to make a big deal out of nothing but then again I don't want something serious to go undetected.

Married 07/13/13

DH-25 & Me-21

TTC #1 Sept '14

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Call your OB. You don't want Internet strangers giving you medical advice about something, especially if you are genuinely concerned about what happened.
  • Thanks girls. Over 24 hours later and still having some pain, not like it was Monday night, but pain none the less, so will be going to my doc.

Married 07/13/13

DH-25 & Me-21

TTC #1 Sept '14

PitaPata Dog tickers

• If you have severe pain when rated from 0 to 10 at about 6 or higher, you need to be seen. You need to see your OBGYN or at least a family practice doctor. It's better for it to be nothing than something and waiting because you don't think its a big deal.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"