Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Transition to the crib

*** Also posted this on July 14***

Lo has been sleeping in his RNP since he came home from the hospital. He sleeps like a champ in it. I am talking a solid 12 hours. But he is starting to get cramped in there and his toes are almost to the edge.

I have started to try and transition him to his crib and its not going well. He squirms for most of the night and wakes himself up all the time. And I dont really know how much is the crib or if we are starting the 4 month sleep regression.

The reason I am pushing the crib is because we are traveling for Thanksgiving, so LO will have to use a crib at the hotel.

Lo has always slept in a sleepsack.

Do you have any thoughts or tips? Thanks.

Re: Transition to the crib

• Options
    Do you have a swaddle? Might be worth trying. The crib may be too big of a space that he isn't used to so the swaddle migth help? Just a thought. DD is going through the "wakeful period" now. She sleeps fine the first half of the night in the crib but wakes up as soon as I put her back down after she eats. I've been giving in and putting her in the RnP so I can get some sleep :(

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• Options
    CLWheel said:
    Do you have a swaddle? Might be worth trying. The crib may be too big of a space that he isn't used to so the swaddle migth help? Just a thought. DD is going through the "wakeful period" now. She sleeps fine the first half of the night in the crib but wakes up as soon as I put her back down after she eats. I've been giving in and putting her in the RnP so I can get some sleep :(

---

Yes, he sleeps in a halo sleepsack, so he is swaddled but he still squirms almost all night. I have tried rolling up 2 A&A blankets and putting them under his crib sheet to act like bumpers (to keep him more confined) but they dont do much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we had some trouble with crib transition too. LO was sleeping decently in his bassinet until he outgrew it  at around maybe 3 months. it took maybe a couple of weeks for him to adjust & we stuck it outbc we really had no choice lol but his naps were ok until he started his sleep regression shortly after :-(  we r still in it at 5 months but i think the end is in sight! so i would power through i think your LO will adjust:-)
  • Options

We started DD in the crib for naps on the weekend whenever we were home before we transitioned at night. Not sure if you've tried naps in there?

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"