School-Aged Children
Options

Goody bag ideas

Hi all- my daughter is turning 6 in a month and I need easy, inexpensive goody bag ideas. She invited 30 kids- hoping only 20 come because that is crazy!

I really detest goody bags but feel like I need to do something, because that is the norm and kids expect it. Would prefer something useful vs. a bunch of crap.

Any ideas I would appreciate! Thanks

Re: Goody bag ideas

• Options
    My DD had a cooking party for her 6th birthday.  I bought a big box of cookie cutters off of Amazon and then cookie mix packets when there were on sale at my local grocery store.  Each kid got 3 cookie cuttes and a packet of cookie mix and it was a big hit.

Other recent favorites have been:  books (early readers), nail polish, lip gloss and tattoos.  Also, DD just went to a party where the mom made each kid a mixed CD of the birthday girl's favorite songs. 
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Options
    My DD had a cooking party for her 6th birthday.  I bought a big box of cookie cutters off of Amazon and then cookie mix packets when there were on sale at my local grocery store.  Each kid got 3 cookie cuttes and a packet of cookie mix and it was a big hit.

Other recent favorites have been:  books (early readers), nail polish, lip gloss and tattoos.  Also, DD just went to a party where the mom made each kid a mixed CD of the birthday girl's favorite songs. 
    Thanks! I am trying to stay under $5 if possible but really depends how many kids say they are coming on my flexibility. I LOVE the cookie idea (nail polish,etc I love too but dont want to have to do another whole thing for the boys).  Even though not a cooking party, it could really work pre-holidays. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our last B-day party was for my DD's 7th. We sent out 30 invites but only 12 showed up, which was plenty. I got some cheap little toys for goody bags, as I tried to avoid candies and sweets. Bouncy balls, friendship bracelets, glow necklaces, and whistles. Some of our favorites that we received in goody bags; bubbles, stickers, temp tattoos, other noise makers.
    My kids love all those things :)  Last year, that happened to us with numbers but was Thanksgiving weekend. I have to prepare for high, and hope its in the middle. 
  • Options
    Pencils and fun erasers are usually a hit with elementary school kids.

If you don't mind candy, Ring Pops are also a good choice!

• Options
    I do books. I can get early readers for under $3 each either Amazon or Costco. The books have been a big hit. Imo a goody bag is just more little junk. My DD likes it for one day and then it is forgotten. Books have much more value. I buy a variety and let the kids pick.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do books. I can get early readers for under $3 each either Amazon or Costco. The books have been a big hit. Imo a goody bag is just more little junk. My DD likes it for one day and then it is forgotten. Books have much more value. I buy a variety and let the kids pick.
    Do the kids fight over them? It is a great idea- I just worry about that!
  • Options

Do the kids fight over them? It is a great idea- I just worry about that!

I never had kids fight.

• Options
    We are doing an adopt a monster for favors at DS's party. I found inexpensive light up monsters and the kids can pick which one they'd like to take home.

Other favorites of ours are books, coloring books, bubbles and a puzzle.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Favorite goody bag items are stickers, and punching balloons.
    We are doing a lego theme this year so will be giving out chocolate and Legos. Last year we had a superhero party and did stickers, bubbles and candy as well as Superhero capes (Dollar Tree @ Halloween)

We invited 35 people and so far 10 have RSVPd that they're coming. The party is this weekend. I bought 20 of everything so hopefully we'll be good.

Last year we invited 15 and 13 came!
  • Options
    One of the children at my daughter's school had the little hugs drinks and a rice krispie treat.  I thought that was such a good idea. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    sunnydays99sunnydays99 member
    edited November 2014
    DS just had his 5th bday party this weekend. His was a superhero theme. I got Spider-Man plastic cups and put 2 pencils, a super hero silly straw, a super hero sucker (with a cape!) and a sheet of Spider-man stickers inside. I wrapped it all up in a cellophane bag (the kind you can buy to put treats in) with a tag that said "You're a SUPER friend! Thanks for coming to my party!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"