Stay at Home Moms

Updates

2»

Re: Updates

• So, the TOU needs careful revision on that point. Hopefully now it will get it.

I hope this truly happens and I'm glad that despite everything that's gone on, that the TOU is getting looked at.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Loading the player...
  • amy052006 said:

Not be all WK, but my hunch is that Bump May was doing as she was told.

The toddlers thing was over the line though.

Perhaps, but I'm just pointing out that it was what escalated the situation. Common sense.
  • @outnumbered the proper way to discuss a mod you feel has been unfair or has violated the Terms of Use is to email BumpMay: communitybump@xogrp.com.

If further discussion about ANY mod is brought up in this thread, I will close it immediately and you will receive an official warning regarding your disregard of my request above. This doesn't just apply to you, here today nor just to this situation. Any discussions about any poster or mod needs to be handled OFF the public board. You can PM another mod or BumpMay or, as I've said above, use the email address provided to you.

Thank you.

Rumbera28 said:
    amy052006  Do you deny repeatedly and publicly leveling a bigotry charge when specifically asked to use the reporting forum?  Do you deny grinding an axe against another poster for their religious beliefs?   Do you deny being specifically told that we do not report warnings of other posters to you or anyone else?

I told BumpMay not to humor this.   I went to add an ETA to the post and somehow the message was highlighted and deleted.  But here it is again, for you to fully see, understand, whatever.

@Rumbera28 I do not post often and usually only lurk.  I have no particular loyalty to any poster.  That being said I reported this public attack on Amy's character.  You have no business being a mod after flinging this shit around.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I feel like Ashton is going to pop out somewhere soon. Surely we are all getting Punk'd!
  • amy052006 said:

Really @PetraStonegirl‌ I really do think that is awesome. I am glad somebody saw the logic there and could see the forrest through the trees. Thank you.

I'm glad I had the opportunity. What bothers me most about it, I explained this weekend in the Ask A Question thread. From what I see, the mod acted within the bounds of the TOU agreement (which they are supposed to do) and let an opinion go and reprimanded a statement of fact (exactly like they are supposed to) and the end result was just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It left everyone feeling squicked out, and rightfully so.

So, the TOU needs careful revision on that point. Hopefully now it will get it.

But in *this* post, there have been 2 statements (both on page 1 I believe, and I won't name names for obvious reasons) that when something is "true" it cannot be defamatory, and when something is "fact" it is not rude.

But then in the above quote we are told that according to TOU the statements of fact *should* be reprimanded.

So even it is agreed that the TOU need careful revision, if we need to play by the rules as they stand right now, clearly we are up to our eyeballs in confusion at ALL levels.

• Rumbera28 said:

amy052006  Do you deny repeatedly and publicly leveling a bigotry charge when specifically asked to use the reporting forum?  Do you deny grinding an axe against another poster for their religious beliefs?   Do you deny being specifically told that we do not report warnings of other posters to you or anyone else?

I told BumpMay not to humor this.   I went to add an ETA to the post and somehow the message was highlighted and deleted.  But here it is again, for you to fully see, understand, whatever.

You told bumpmay to ignore repeated requests to address hate speech? Cool. Im glad petra gives a shit about bigotry and brought it up because your comments are way over the line for a person in an authority position.
  • Btw
    loislayn said:

Well, my first post went all #modabuse and vanished (J/k...too soon?) so let's try this again.

What is your (collective SHAM posters) goal? What is the resolution? You
    have raised valid concerns about many topics in the past couple of
    weeks. Some may be fixable, some may not be. I don't have the authority
    to do anything about it, but I am interested in what might help everyone move forward.
    Hopefully someday this can be a bump urban legend like Irish Twins girl, Dolores, and cockasaurus.

For starters, the mods personally attacking regs in this thread shoukd be removed from their position. That was beyond unprofessional.
  • @loislayn‌ In my opinion, Mandymack should step down and the recent bans should be reversed. I don't know if that would fix everything for everyone, but I think it would go a long way in restoring faith that we are valued. It's a pipe dream, I'm sure. And this wasn't meant to harass Mandymack either. I've never had issue with her until this all blew up. You asked and that is what I think should happen. Is that the goal of the responses in this thread? I won't speak for everyone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• @loislayn‌ I speak for myself when I say this, the only reason I'm still here is to prove a point. AG never would've been banned if the bigot warnings hadn't got used against her. I want XO and the mods to recognize that hate speech is way more harmful than calling someone a bigot. At the very least, make them the same so that the person who is being called a bigot can't spew hate speech like an asshole *generalization here*.

The beef with MM is something that collectively the SAHMs just in general don't believe the bullshit. There is nothing that can change that as mods see it one way, we see it another. TB has been a place of great fun for me and connecting me with other moms. At this point, beyond trying to get this hate speech point across to mods and the workers of XO, I have no sense of community to this board. After I feel someone (a mod or employee) had heard out voices and will make the change that needs to happen, I will be done and have my account deleted if I'm not banned first.

TB shouldn't have a LBGT forum if you guys openly allow hate speech. It's bullshit, the members are calling bullshit, and we want mods and employees alike to notice this and either change the TOU or take down the LBGT forum. You can't pretend to supporting something and allow all types of families, but allow hate speech to be spewed at certain families. Whether or not you think that reporting hate speech will solve it, it hasn't and certain posters here have said rude things about gay people/gay families. You guys (again, generalization here) need to change it so it absolutely doesn't tolerate that whatsoever in any way shape or form.

If that happens out of all of this ginormous pile of bullshit, then I'll be happy. And I will take my ball and go to the place that shall not be named.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Btw

loislayn said:

Well, my first post went all #modabuse and vanished (J/k...too soon?) so let's try this again.

to do anything about it, but I am interested in what might help everyone move forward.
    Hopefully someday this can be a bump urban legend like Irish Twins girl, Dolores, and cockasaurus.

For starters, the mods personally attacking regs in this thread shoukd be removed from their position. That was beyond unprofessional.
    This would be good as well, but certainly never going to happen.

However, XO needs to think about how it wants to be represented though and if said mods in this post and others have been representing the company with professionalism. I don't think actual employees would be happy with how their volunteer employees have been portraying them.
  • Aussie45 said:

Btw

loislayn said:

This would be good as well, but certainly never going to happen.

However, XO needs to think about how it wants to be represented though and if said mods in this post and others have been representing the company with professionalism. I don't think actual employees would be happy with how their volunteer employees have been portraying them.
    No, it wont happen. They wouldnt even get rid of the pedo-lover (yeah i used nanda's term, your deletions have no effect on me).
  • @BumpMay‌ if you would delete mine as well, that would be wonderful.

I've tried to make my point and I think I've said everything that needs to be said. If XO doesn't figure it out, then it's on them because I can't spell this out any clearer.
  • MrsMuq said:
    jensriot said:
    @loislayn‌ In my opinion, Mandymack should step down and the recent bans should be reversed. I don't know if that would fix everything for everyone, but I think it would go a long way in restoring faith that we are valued. It's a pipe dream, I'm sure. And this wasn't meant to harass Mandymack either. I've never had issue with her until this all blew up. You asked and that is what I think should happen. Is that the goal of the responses in this thread? I won't speak for everyone.
    They already said that the idea of SAHMB getting a new mod was discussed and dismissed. MM will stay on as mod.

Yep, and that is unfortunate.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Does anyone else think this is hilarious?

Relax. This is not a real job. Don't worry about it so much. 

You don't have to ban or lock any posts. No one is in danger, no one is being "harassed". 
    Power trippin yo!  

Helpful tip: Remember to floss
  • So comments with no TOU violations are just going to be deleted at will?  Im more than positive I didn't write anything that was against the rules but my comment appears to be gone now.  
  • So comments with no TOU violations are just going to be deleted at will?  Im more than positive I didn't write anything that was against the rules but my comments appears to be gone now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"