Stay at Home Moms

Cabinet locks

Anyone ever use the adhesive cabinet/drawer locks? We live in a rental and we can't install the permanent locks with screws. Are the adhesives good/bad?
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: Cabinet locks

• We have slider locks for the double cabinets but there are a couple single cabinets, not sure what to do with those...
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Guennie said:
    We have slider locks for the double cabinets but there are a couple single cabinets, not sure what to do with those...
    Could you make those cabinets baby-friendly cabinets?  We only ever put cabinet locks on the cabinets that contain chemicals and cleaners or medicines.  
  • Loading the player...
  • JENandJEH said:

Guennie said:

We have slider locks for the double cabinets but there are a couple single cabinets, not sure what to do with those...

Could you make those cabinets baby-friendly cabinets?  We only ever put cabinet locks on the cabinets that contain chemicals and cleaners or medicines.  

I've been pondering that myself, thanks for the suggestion. Our kitchen has kind of crappy cabinet space so it will be a challenge, but that might be my best option.

• When I moved into this house we ripped every adhesive locking device and any other lock off every cabinet. They baby-proofed the shit out of this house.

Then they (previous owners) came back a week later asking if they could get the sliding locks.

I guess they work. They sure do piss me off when I can't get into a cabinet.
  • What I did was put a pressure mounted self closing swing gate on the entrance of my kitchen. Solved all the baby proofing the kitchen problems, without having to put those annoying cabinet locks on.
  • We stationed overseas when DD was a toddler.  We did two things. 

1) We locked her out of the kitchen with a regular baby gate.  Actually, we locked her INTO the living room, which we baby proofed, to include putting extra padding and pillows around the sofas and a table behind the sofa  because our floors were tile.  

this is totally on me.  when I was a toddler, I climbed up on the sofa and then fell over the back.  I had severe concussion.  Unfortunately for our living room layout, we HAD to have a sofa placed away from the wall.  

2) WE got the Safety 1st Custom Fit All Purpose Straps.  They came off really easily when we PCSed.   
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"