June 2013 Moms

I need to vent

riansmommieriansmommie member
edited October 2014 in June 2013 Moms
I didn't want to bog down the spam thread with this. But I need to get it out. I swear I need to sacrafice a virgin to the Navy gods. I feel like they are against me and I'm feeling really down about it. Btw this has nothing to do with my hubby being home for the birth.

So, we all know that hubby is currently deployed. Due back home sometime in Feb. When he gets home he will thankfully be taking some leave so we can enjoy family time. When he is done with that leave he will be transferring to his new command, which happens to be another sea duty command. (It means he can be deployed again for those that don't know). Anyways I figured he would get to spend some time at home for a good while before he would even be slated (picked) for a deployment. Now here is the part where I'm ready to break down in tears.

He just found out from one of his buddies at the new command that he is already slated to deploy again. IN SEPT 2015!!!! Less than 7 months after getting home. This one won't be a 6 monther either, it will be in the 9-11 month range.

Y'all I thought I was strong but I feel like I'm not going to be able to keep my sanity together with three kids alone for that long. He is going to miss birthdays and holidays galore all over again. Ugh.

Thanks for letting me vent and get things off my chest.

Tl:dr my hubby is already picked to deploy again in Sept for a 9-11 month deployment :(

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: I need to vent

• riansmommieriansmommie member
    edited October 2014
    @ChicagoChic82‌ unfortunately once again no way to get out of it. Unless someone comes in that is better qualified than my hubby. But my hubby is about a qualified as they come right now so nobody on his level is above him.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I'm so sorry.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Loading the player...
  • I am so so sorry you are having to deal with all this! I would come help you out if I could. Surely the 2 of us could handle 4 kids right? Lol
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. This sucks, and I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately. It's a tough job being a military spouse! Often the men and woman are the only ones recognized for their sacrifices, but we sacrifice just as much sometimes! It's not easy. You'll get through it. I know you will.

Seth deployed for 15 months a few years ago. It was rough. Granted we got R&R, but he got his only 3 months after he left. We were without him an entire year!

Hang in there! ((Hugs))

• Ugh, @riansmommie‌ , everyone else has said it so well but this totally sucks! You are such an incredibly strong woman and I have no doubt you'll find the strength to make it through this too. But that doesn't make it any easier. I am very happy to hear you will be moving back closer to your family so at least next time around you can actually get some help and support while he is away. Big creepy Internet hugs!
    div style="text-align: center;">

• I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this!! Big hugs!!
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • More hugs! So sorry :( and a huge thank you to your whole family for the sacrifices you all make!
  • I'm way behind in the threads so I'm just seeing this. I am so sorry. That sucks big time and can imagine what you're feeling. Hugs. I know you're going for a bit in the summer, but is there any way you could stay with your family some while he's gone again? You said he's taking a new command, does that mean you guys will be moving? Could you enroll your daughter in school in GA for the year?
  • @pkp2‌ he is going to a new command but it's at the same base he works at now so we won't be moving. I wish I could stay with my family while he is gone but they are all on the opposite coast as me. I would totally pack up and move to GA for the deployment but being military and knowing how much we will have to move in the future id rather not switch my DD around in schools and what not.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I agree with everyone else.  It sucks so much but I know you can do it.  And appreciate your sacrifice so much.  Military wives amaze me.  Really. 
  • That is the suck.  I'm so sorry :(  I really don't know how you do it except that you just DO IT because you have to.  It deserves all the credit.  I echo that I wish more of us were near you just to help out.  Hugs.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• That just plain blows. I'm so sorry. Military wives are as strong as they come. You are an amazing, brave, and strong woman, you'll make it through because you just do. (((Hugs)))

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Ugh that sucks :-( Sending positive thoughts your way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"