Stay at Home Moms

Elf on the shelf

When does he/she comes to your house this year? How are going to set him/her up for the first appearance?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Elf on the shelf

• I'm going to hang him by a noose from the tree.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to hang him by a noose from the tree.
  • NicoleWINicoleWI member
    edited October 2014

I am hoping my kids never hear too much about this and that I never have to do it. WAY too much going on already for me without having to worry about the elf!!!

Sorry, that was kind of harsh. Everyone has a lot going on in December, but we do St. Nick and have 2 kids' b-days plus the parties for 2 schools, and hosting family over the holidays, and I will be 9 months pregnant. And, in general, the Elf is just not something I want to add!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I personally find Elf on the Shelf a little creepy. I have a lot of friends that love it though and do all sorts of cute things with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I am no help. I don't like the Elf on the shelf either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He will show up the day after Thanksgiving.  Not sure how. We will be at my parents house, and my mom is kind of excited about it.

My MIL sent one last year, and I was kind of annoyed at first, but it turned out not to be that big of a deal. I just moved him every night while I was locking up the house, and my kids thought it was magical.

• We do St. Nick - I'm just hoping beyond hope that I get our tree in the house early enough to actually get to decorate and enjoy it this year.  The elf would be too much of a commitment around here LOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, no. Hopefully never. That thing is just creepy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• So glad I'm not the only one who finds this idea obnoxious! 
  • I have friends who are really into it and are so creative with all the movements and little pranks he plays but we just aren't into him.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Nothing about the Elf appeals to me. It just sounds like a lot of work
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"