1st Trimester

Huge... & Not far along... felling embarrassed

2»

Re: Huge... & Not far along... felling embarrassed

• Man the bump is full of doctors!! You guys know so much. 
  • BabyBelleCzBabyBelleCz member
    edited October 2014
    No it is not. Every human body is made differently and no one on this board knows this girl or what's actually happening when. 
  • Loading the player...
  • No it is not. Every human body is made differently and no one on this board knows this girl or what's actually happening when. 
    Stop letting butthurt steer you wrong.  I invite you to reread her original post where her doctor told her the same thing we all did. And lol that it's totally acceptable to ask us things when one gets the responses one wants but it's, "WHAT DO YOU POEPLE KNOW!  YOU AREN'T DOCTORS!" when things don't go your way. 

@kellyperk85 Agreeing to disagree applies for opinions not facts dear.  We can't agree to disagree on whether fire is hot.  
  • How do these people get high school diplomas?
  • AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited November 2014
    Oops double post
  • I am with you. I am 8 weeks and I feel that I have to be showing- and my husband agrees.

I started out a bit underweight-and only gained one pound so far but my mid section is MUCH bigger than before.

It is true that I have not gone number two in two weeks--but I think it is more than that. If this is bloating--- I have NEVER been this bloated before ( or even close). 

I would try to eat different foods but I can hardly eat anything as it is.

Anyways..you aren't alone!
  • BSTmamaBSTmama member
    edited November 2014
    Ok, so here's a little medical perspective. While yes it's bloat and not necessarily showing....in subsequent pregnancies your muscles relax MUCH sooner then in previous pregnancies. Being on my 5th pregnancy, I can atest to the truth of this.  I DIDN"T NEED TO POOP! The hormone relaxin kicks in at the same time as previous pregnancies but because those muscles have stretched out before it happens faster and with less resistance....does that make sense? So, no, you aren't going crazy about feeling big sooner and no, you may not need to poop.

• Rather or not it is the baby, or your uterus popping, or bloat... it still due to pregnancy. So even if it is just bloating, normal people don't get this type of bloating--so therefore, I feel that it is a way of showing.
  • I really just hate that fact that people are being rude to other people on this board. I have found this site to have the most active community but there seems to be many rude people. I would like to be part of the community because I am on my third pregnancy but other two miscarriages. I am farther along with this pregnancy so I am hoping everything will be ok.

I would just like to have a place to go that will have support and place to get information--instead of a place with some people making comments that hurt other people. We are all adults here.

• momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited November 2014

JKBMA2014 said:

JKBMA2014 said:

JKBMA2014 said:

"I'm not mean I'm just honest" right? Right? A few posts were flat out "you're just bloated". Well yeah, she already said she was bloated. And that she knew she was bloated. It's new to me that telling the truth was just restating an original comment. Basically the thread went something like

"I'm bloated. My doctor said maybe I need to poop."

And responses went something like "you're blaoted. You need to poop." And some other offered advice on how to get rid of bloat. The end.

I'm still failing to see where the snark is that you seem so concerned about.
    Maybe snark wasn't the right word. More like stating the obvious that has already been stated.

She wanted to hear our stories.  My story was I was bloated because it is impossible to be "showing" that early.  What else was there to say? "Omg Im sorry you are dealing with one of the most common things in pregnancy?" 
    Hmmmm. Let me go back an reread what I said. I said some of you were telling her SHE was bloated. I never said anything about you telling her your stories of being bloated. Not everyone offered a story.

But she IS bloated.  Lets review. 

Im only a little over 7 weeks.... This is my 3rd child. I get that its not baby... but more bloat. But Im feeling really big. People can tell I'm pregnant. Im not over weight, but not super skinny either. I asked my doctor and he makes me feel ridiculous   What did she ask her doctor?  About her "showing"? About why she was looking bigger? She said her doctor said ..."maybe you need to poop." "You wont show any earlier than if it was your first". Then she says But my body has something else in mind. Reads like she has decided to disregard what the doctor said to her.  If she believed him what would be the reason for posting this?. So the few people I have told ask "How far are you??" "Are you sure theres not 2?" Im getting to the point that I'm feeling really embarrassed... I know I should care so much...Im pregnant...but really... 7 weeks and I look atleast 3 or 4 months. Is anyone else showing early? No one is "showing" early.  No. One.  If you have a bump at 7 weeks, its bloating. 

I was being generous when I said she was looking to hear our stories because that's not even what she asked for.  It's obvious that she asked her doctor about showing early from what she wrote.  Im doubting that the doctor responded to her in any kind of strange way.  She probably just interpreted it that way because she was already feeling self conscious about it.  

If the conversation is going in circles it's because you're WKing a post that didn't need to be WKed.  

OP also said this, I don't eat crap, I drink a lot of water. I'm educated about pregnancy. 

And in your post you said,  "OP, drink water and eat fruits. It will help with bloat. Your body is retaining water due to sodium and probably some dehydration"  

You did the exact same thing you're now attempting to call people out on, "stating the obvious that has already been stated."  Considering she didn't ask once for anyone to tell her how to get rid of the bloat. 

OP we get it. The bloat sucks.  People suck even harder for being rude and saying anything to you before you've brought it up to them.  There is nothing you can do outside of what you're already doing.  You can also tell people to mind the effing business and stop commenting on your body but, it's not going to stop the comments from coming as you well know since this is your third time at the rodeo.  It does read like you are fishing for someone to tell you something different from what your doctor told you.  No one can do that.  

Alright! Makes sense. Not trying to be a that waffle. I need to polish up on my shit. Carry on

ETA: *clears throat* TWAT waffle. Because my phone doesn't like the wort twat

It's a BOY

• JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    "I'm not mean I'm just honest" right? Right? A few posts were flat out "you're just bloated". Well yeah, she already said she was bloated. And that she knew she was bloated. It's new to me that telling the truth was just restating an original comment. Basically the thread went something like "I'm bloated. My doctor said maybe I need to poop." And responses went something like "you're blaoted. You need to poop." And some other offered advice on how to get rid of bloat. The end.
    I'm still failing to see where the snark is that you seem so concerned about.
    Maybe snark wasn't the right word. More like stating the obvious that has already been stated.
      She wanted to hear our stories.  My story was I was bloated because it is impossible to be "showing" that early.  What else was there to say? "Omg Im sorry you are dealing with one of the most common things in pregnancy?" 
    Hmmmm. Let me go back an reread what I said. I said some of you were telling her SHE was bloated. I never said anything about you telling her your stories of being bloated. Not everyone offered a story.
    But she IS bloated.  Lets review. 

Im only a little over 7 weeks.... This is my 3rd child. I get that its not baby... but more bloat. But Im feeling really big. People can tell I'm pregnant. Im not over weight, but not super skinny either. I asked my doctor and he makes me feel ridiculous   What did she ask her doctor?  About her "showing"? About why she was looking bigger? She said her doctor said ..."maybe you need to poop." "You wont show any earlier than if it was your first". Then she says But my body has something else in mind. Reads like she has decided to disregard what the doctor said to her.  If she believed him what would be the reason for posting this?. So the few people I have told ask "How far are you??" "Are you sure theres not 2?" Im getting to the point that I'm feeling really embarrassed... I know I should care so much...Im pregnant...but really... 7 weeks and I look atleast 3 or 4 months. Is anyone else showing early? No one is "showing" early.  No. One.  If you have a bump at 7 weeks, its bloating. 

I was being generous when I said she was looking to hear our stories because that's not even what she asked for.  It's obvious that she asked her doctor about showing early from what she wrote.  Im doubting that the doctor responded to her in any kind of strange way.  She probably just interpreted it that way because she was already feeling self conscious about it.  

If the conversation is going in circles it's because you're WKing a post that didn't need to be WKed.  

OP also said this, I don't eat crap, I drink a lot of water. I'm educated about pregnancy. 

And in your post you said,  "OP, drink water and eat fruits. It will help with bloat. Your body is retaining water due to sodium and probably some dehydration"  

You did the exact same thing you're now attempting to call people out on, "stating the obvious that has already been stated."  Considering she didn't ask once for anyone to tell her how to get rid of the bloat. 

OP we get it. The bloat sucks.  People suck even harder for being rude and saying anything to you before you've brought it up to them.  There is nothing you can do outside of what you're already doing.  You can also tell people to mind the effing business and stop commenting on your body but, it's not going to stop the comments from coming as you well know since this is your third time at the rodeo.  It does read like you are fishing for someone to tell you something different from what your doctor told you.  No one can do that.  
    Alright! Makes sense. Not trying to be a that waffle. I need to polish up on my shit. Carry on ETA: *clears throat* TWAT waffle. Because my phone doesn't like the wort twat
    I had waffles for breakfast!  ;)
  • AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited November 2014
    Alright! Makes sense. Not trying to be a that waffle. I need to polish up on my shit. Carry on ETA: *clears throat* TWAT waffle. Because my phone doesn't like the wort twat I had waffles for breakfast!  ;)
    ----------------------------------------------------------quote fail------------------------------
    Damn it! Now I want waffles..
  • missphilmissphil member
    edited November 2014
    Ahhh pooping... easier said than done!

My bloat comes and goes. I don't have a flat tummy to begin, so the bloat definitely makes me look bigger. When i'm at home I just pretend it's the baby and rub my belly lovingly. Hahaha! In public, i don't care. At work i cinch my waist with my belt and suck it in.
    I don't mix fruit with any other food- In fact, i don't eat fruit less than two hours before or two hours after I eat something else. That helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"