Pregnant after IF
Options

~~~First Tri Check-In!! 10/27~~~

gsanchogsancho member
edited November 2014 in Pregnant after IF
Hello!   

A warm welcome and congratulations to everyone that has made it to this check-in!  If there are any newcomers, please come on in and join us.  Note your due date, how many beans, and a little background on your IF journey to get here.  Feel free to post your updates here up until the 14th week.

Last Week!!  
@AMShark ~ 4/29/15 ~ 2 beans
@gsancho ~ 5/2/15 ~ 1 Girl
@Jamielynn53 ~ 5/4/15 ~ 1 bean
@rella22 ~ 5/5/15 

May
@sugar4bri ~5/7/15 ~ 2 beans
@SassFrass ~ 5/13/15 ~ 1 bean
@MrsLolaSky ~ 5/15/15 ~ 1 bean
@Kinderteach78 ~5/15/15 ~ 1 bean
@sunshinedaisies000 ~ 5/16/15 ~ 1 bean
@Aimothy ~ 5/17/15 ~ 2 beans
@holberry5 ~ 5/21/15 ~ 1 bean
@Regan1976 ~ 5/25/15 ~ 1 bean
@yvonne0001 ~ 5/25/15 ~ 1 bean
@viola27 ~ 5/25/15 ~ 1 bean
@Champs28 ~ 5/25/15
@1220winterbride ~ 5/26/15 ~ 1 bean
@tache ~ 5/28/15 
@ky29 ~ 5/29/15 ~ 1 bean
@kittenmittens9 ~ 5/30/15
@Pintobean39 ~ 5/30/15 ~ 1 bean
@MJ14323 ~ 5/30/15 ~ 1 bean
@IFinTN ~ 5/31/15 ~ 1 Boy
@sweetpotato123 ~ 5/31/15 ~ 2 beans

June
@CarSaidYes ~ 6/3/15 ~ 1 bean
@turquoisequeen ~ 6/3/15 ~ 1 bean
@joyfuljenny ~ 6/3/15 ~ 1 bean
@JordanMike521 ~ 6/4/15 
@wendyful ~ 6/4/15
@Desertrose27 ~ 6/6/15 ~ 2 beans
@bears1011 ~ 6/10/15 ~ 1 bean
@daydreamernyc ~6/10/15 ~ 1 bean
@starlightgator ~ 6/11/15 ~ 2 beans
@PurpleDaisy923 ~ 6/12/15 ~ 2 beans
@JimBobCooter ~ 6/14/15 ~ 1 bean
@Kam10 ~ 6/14/15
@jessimi06 ~ 6/15/15 ~ 2 beans
@hbanana18~ 6/18/15 ~ 1 bean
@erbear84 ~ 6/24/15 
@Rcvb22 ~ 6/26/15 ~ 1 bean

July
@amylev80 ~ 7/3/15

<span style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial; vertical-align: baseline; lin

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)

Re: ~~~First Tri Check-In!! 10/27~~~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Forgot the most important part...****We need a new check-in leader!!!****  

As excited as I am about going into 2nd tri, I am sad to leave the 1st tri check-in.  It's always the scariest time for IF grads, and I really enjoyed seeing how everyone was doing.  And I think we had a nice influx from the September ladies join, too.  

You can pick whatever day you want to do the check-in.  If you're early on, it's ideal but even if you'll only be in it a few weeks, feel free to volunteer.  Thanks!

• Options
    Oh, and congrats to our grads this week!

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jessimi06 said:
    ...  To those with twins- did one of your beans measure significantly smaller? Baby A is measuring 5 days behind. ...
    I'm having twins.  For the first 3 u/s with my RE, baby A & baby B were both within 1 day of each other, but for my 1st u/s with my OB, both babies were behind, and baby B was 3-4 days more behind A.  
    I didn't get another measurement until my NT scan 4 weeks later, and both babies were back on track, and back to within 1 day of each other.
    I'll never know if they lagged in growth, or it was just a bad measurement due to the angle of the babies, or their movement (both of which, I've heard, can make it hard to measure).
    You might want to post the same question on the Multiples board for more responses.  I do a fair amount of lurking there, and I've gotten some good info just hanging out on that board.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AMShark said:

jessimi06 said:

...  To those with twins- did one of your beans measure significantly smaller? Baby A is measuring 5 days behind.

I'm having twins.  For the first 3 u/s with my RE, baby A & baby B were both within 1 day of each other, but for my 1st u/s with my OB, both babies were behind, and baby B was 3-4 days more behind A.  
    I didn't get another measurement until my NT scan 4 weeks later, and both babies were back on track, and back to within 1 day of each other.
    I'll never know if they lagged in growth, or it was just a bad measurement due to the angle of the babies, or their movement (both of which, I've heard, can make it hard to measure).
    You might want to post the same question on the Multiples board for more responses.  I do a fair amount of lurking there, and I've gotten some good info just hanging out on that board.

One of mine is measuring 2 days behind and when I asked the nurse today about it, she said that when they are so small it can be difficult to get an accurate reading. When you're dealing in milimeters it's not that big of a deal. She said the OB will track their growth very closely.
    **Signature Warning**

Dx PCOS August 2012
    Clomid x4 = BFN
    Femara+Follistim IUIs x 6 = 3 BFN, 2 C/P, 1 early miscarriage
    IVF June 2014- 43 R, 34 M, 24 F, 12 blasts frozen and severe OHSS
    FET September 12, 2014!
    Beta #1 12dp5dt- 724
    Beta #2 14dp5dt- 1631
    Beta #3 20dp5dt- 12,813
    Pending EDD at first OB appointment 11/6. Grow babies grow!

"I might have to wait. I'll never give up. I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck. 
    Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life." ~ Michael Buble

• Options
    @Aimothy‌ @CarSaidYes‌ @starlightgator‌ good luck at your appts this week!

**Signature Warning**

TTC since July 2013
    DX: Unexplained or possibly DOR and DH 2% morph
    3 IUIs May-July: all BFN
    IVF Sept 2014: 12R 10M 8F, 5 day eSET 9/15, 4 frosties
    Beta #1 353, Beta #2 651, EDD June 3

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

• Options
    @IFinTN‌ open door policy sounds awesome!! I would probably be there once a week lol.
  • Options
    @IFinTN - My regular doctor took me off anything that had steroids in it, including my nasal sprays which normally get me through the mold and mildew season. And told me only to use my albuterol if a truly truly needed it. The only thing iffy we kept was a 12 hour sudafed at night for the breathing while lying down, so I can actually sleep some. The OB yesterday agreed with that, but was hesitant about the sudafed. I was switched from allegra to claratin, still take singulair and the sudafed. I really miss the sprays to open up all those sinuses. It hurts to rinse my hair or squinch my eyes. 
    *bfp mentioned*
    Me: 38. Diagnosed PCOs 09, took 'em long enough. Low Thyroid 13.
    SO: 41. Diabetic. We are not married yet in the legal sense. 
    Together since Feb 09. TTC since Jan 11.
    6 Clomid cycles. Mostly BFN one BFP but chemical Aug 12.
    IUI #1-3 Menopur and Ovidrel BFN. 
    IUI #4 Gonal-F and Ovidrel BFN.
    IUI #5 Gonal-F and Ovidrel BFP 9/15 
    Maternit21 all clear and a boy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BlueJoan When do you go back?  That is frustrating...hopfully you can get a good and final answer soon.

• Options
    IFinTN said:
    @IFinTN - My regular doctor took me off anything that had steroids in it, including my nasal sprays which normally get me through the mold and mildew season. And told me only to use my albuterol if a truly truly needed it. The only thing iffy we kept was a 12 hour sudafed at night for the breathing while lying down, so I can actually sleep some. The OB yesterday agreed with that, but was hesitant about the sudafed. I was switched from allegra to claratin, still take singulair and the sudafed. I really miss the sprays to open up all those sinuses. It hurts to rinse my hair or squinch my eyes. 
    I'm sorry, that sounds miserable. Did they give you a reason for dropping steroid products? My doctors think it is better to take them than risk me getting a bad sinus infection or bronchitis that would require heavy duty oral steroids to treat them.
    All of the steroids when she looked them up were Class A, so to be avoided at all costs, even the albuterol. We made a judgement call about sudafed as a Class C. At least I haven't reverted back to 8 years ago when I didn't know what it was like to breath through my nose. I'm hoping we have a moderate spring, so it doesn't get worse. I'm also hoping musinex will start to help clear out the sinuses, I got the all clear to take that yesterday. Hope is everywhere. Even my nose!
    *bfp mentioned*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I need to jump in on the steroids discussion. I've been taking 5 mg of prednisone all along since I have rheumatoid arthritis. My RE never said to stop. Should I be concerned? I'm 8 weeks along today.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, low ovarian reserve

DH: 42, bi-lateral varicocele (corrected in Dec 2013)

2008 Married

2009 Started TTC #1

2012 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, Clomid

BFP ended in MC 

2013 3 rounds of Clomid

Hormone studies/ultrasound, SIS, polyp and bicornuate uterus removed

DH varicocelectomy

2014 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, SIS, removed 2nd polyp

IVF #1- retrieved 17, 3 mature for 2 day transfer, BFN

IVF #2- September…our last chance….. retrieved 22, 6 mature blasts, 2 embies transferred, BFP (300 beta) on Oct 1st, Beta #2 675 Oct 3rd, Beta #3 2,484

EDD Twins 06/09/2015

1/30/2015 PPROM at 21 weeks, 3 days. Hospital bed rest to let these sweet peas cook. Holding on for 34 weeks!

• Options
    @BlueJoan‌ T&Ps coming your way for Friday!

**Signature Warning**

TTC since July 2013
    DX: Unexplained or possibly DOR and DH 2% morph
    3 IUIs May-July: all BFN
    IVF Sept 2014: 12R 10M 8F, 5 day eSET 9/15, 4 frosties
    Beta #1 353, Beta #2 651, EDD June 3

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

• Options
    @IFinTN - I just got it switched, I do that from time to time. I meant to say they were Class C as well. The ONLY Class C that we kept was the sudafed. So, I dropped 3 Class C (flonase, nasonex and flovent) and halved the 4th (sudafed) with directions to use the 5th (proair) only if direly necessary because if I stop breathing it's bad for both of us. You have to remember, I went from age 12 to age 30 without being able to suck air through my nose at all, so this is relatively better just annoying as I can still inhale through my nose. I just want to say ahead of the headache so it doesn't blossom into a migraine which I can take nothing for right now. None of the allergist's here wanted to give me drugs just the shots. I did that for 4 years in my twenties before I begged my internist to help me. She took the time to fiddle with what kind of allergy pill and to look for others that aided it. This is how I ended up with the 6 allergy meds (also on singulair) I usually take. I had gotten well enough that I only needed the inhalers occasionally. I hope to go back to it as soon as I can so I'm less cranky. 

@starlightgator - RA is a totally different animal with a major autoimmune factor. This will greatly change what you may need to support your pregnancy. Just be sure to check with both doctors as others have suggested as well. 
    *bfp mentioned*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gsancho  when I saw your siggy in your OP and it said TEAM PINK...I was like WTF???  I thought she was close to my due date how the hell did she find out already??  So I had to stalk your posts until I figured it out!  

Congrats that is great!!  Were you nervous to get that test done?  I wonder why they don't offer it out to everyone??

***SIGGY WARNING***

me: 28 - all test normal
    DH: 33 - SA normal

*unexplained*

TTC since September 2011
    2011-Oct.2013 - trying off and on, ob/gyn, no meds
    November 2013-December-EOD, ob/gyn, no meds

January 2014- ob/gyn ordered Clomid (50 mg) unmonitored, EOD-BFN
    February-Clomid 50 mg. unmontiored, EOD - BFN
    March-Switched to RE
    April- 100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel-BFN
    May - 100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel-BFN
    June-*BREAK/Switch RE*
    July- 5 mg Femara/Ovidrel + IUI #1- BFN
    August- 5 mg Femara/Ovidrel + IUI #2 - BFP!!!!

EDD: May 7th, 2015: Team PINK

• Options
    gsanchogsancho member
    edited October 2014
    @rella22 I'd never heard of the blood test until my OB told me about it, and I was so surprised to hear you could learn so much at 10 weeks that I didn't have time to think about it much.  I'm a planner and always figure the sooner I know, the better.  Even if it was bad news, I'd want to know so I could mentally prep, do research, etc.  As the days went on I got more nervous but was relieved to hear everything looked good.  

Some relatives still don't trust the sex results, but it's 99% accurate, so I'm going to buy some girl stuff, dammit :)

And I think not all insurance companies cover it for non-high risk pregnancies, although more and more are.  Mine did, which is why my OB told me about it, and we just paid $25.  Normally, it's pretty pricey.

• Options
    @BlueJoan‌ I hope you get good news. T&P your way my friend.
    Me: 26 (IC/PCOS-2000mg of Metformin daily)

June 2014- HSG=clear

DH: 27 (SA results were great minus the slightly low morphology)
    Started dating DH in 2002 at 14 years old
    Married on 03.01.2014
    Officially TTC since April 2014 
    January 2013- Surprise BFP, m/c at 6 weeks, D&C 2 Weeks later
    April 2014- First RE appointment
    July 2014- IUI#1-Canx due to scar tissue and polyps. TI with the help of Ovidrel. BFN

August 2014- Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue and polyp

September 2014- IUI #1.1-100mg Clomid, Ovideral, 11.5 million swimmers=BFP

EDD-6/3/15- Our sweet baby Ryan was born on 1/6/15 and is in the arms of an Angel

Dx with IC on 1/6/15

• Options
    @sunshinedaisies000‌ and @Regan1976‌ Thank you very much! I'm seeing my RE for a final visit (I think) tomorrow so I can ask then.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, low ovarian reserve

DH: 42, bi-lateral varicocele (corrected in Dec 2013)

2008 Married

2009 Started TTC #1

2012 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, Clomid

BFP ended in MC 

2013 3 rounds of Clomid

Hormone studies/ultrasound, SIS, polyp and bicornuate uterus removed

DH varicocelectomy

2014 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, SIS, removed 2nd polyp

IVF #1- retrieved 17, 3 mature for 2 day transfer, BFN

IVF #2- September…our last chance….. retrieved 22, 6 mature blasts, 2 embies transferred, BFP (300 beta) on Oct 1st, Beta #2 675 Oct 3rd, Beta #3 2,484

EDD Twins 06/09/2015

1/30/2015 PPROM at 21 weeks, 3 days. Hospital bed rest to let these sweet peas cook. Holding on for 34 weeks!

• Options
    amylev80 said:
    Hey all!  @gsancho, if you could add me, that would be awesome!

I am 5w0d.  EDD is 7/3/2015.  Beta #1- 109, #2- 238, #3 674.  I will have Beta #4 a week from today, and my first OB appointment is in 2 weeks.  Squee!!
    Ooooo!  We're breaking into July!

• Options
    Regan1976 said:
    Jumping in a the end of the meds discussion...  I have respiratory disease and my doctors have all approved atrovent nasal and generic flonase (and Pulmicort and Atrovent inhaler).  There is a cost/benefit there, of course, but where breathing is concerned I would hope that would be a big plus on the side of taking the meds.  For me the risk of pneumonia is greater than any risk the meds pose.  As someone who spent the first 13 yrs or so of life with completely blocked sinuses, I get the importance of that too.  Have you tried saline nasal washes (not the spray)?  They aren't a permanent fix, but they do help a lot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Me: 34, PCD (defective cilia in fallopian tubes), borderline thyroid

DH: 35, borderline morphology otherwise healthy

Married 7 yrs, TTC 3.5 yrs

7 IUIs in 2013: All BFN

IVF #1 w/ ICSI: 11/07/13 * 14 5 day embryos; 2 transferred * BFN

FET #1: 2/27/14 * 2 transferred * BFP! * U/S #2: No HB * D&E on 4/18/14

FET #2: 9/18/14 * 2 transferred * BFP!

1st beta (11dp5dt): 919 * 2nd beta (13dp5dt): 2097 * 3rd beta (19dt5dt): 13,689

1st U/S: Twins!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"