February 2013 Moms
Options

Christmas ideas

I know there have been a couple Christmas threads recently, but what are you planning to get your almost 2 year old? DS is super into trucks and cars right now, but we have a bunch and hes totally content with those still. I was thinking maybe a train table? Then thought about Magna tiles but I can probably wait a year on those, hes a little young. Open to any other suggestions!

Re: Christmas ideas

• Options
    His toy this year is a tea set. We have afternoon tea everyday and he always wants some too. We figured a tea set would be perfect so he can have milk/water/weak decaf tea with us.

He's really into the bubble guppies as well, we're asking one set of parents for the fisher price bubble guppie school play set. Asking the other set for a camping play set since we're big into camping and love setting the tent up downstairs to play in.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @luxannie great list thank you!

@wineandcake we are bubble guppies fanatics in our house. That was his first birthday party theme. Cant get enough....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    To be honest, I'm hoping I can get away with another year of giving her boxes and wrapping paper, and that it will entertain her as much as a toy.  lol

The grandparents do so much for the kids and toys x 4 = insanity. 

The baby might just get some new board books.

• Options
    I kinda want to get Kieran a play kitchen because he loves to watch DH cook and always wants to help.

Side note: My friend's husband said he'd never get his son a play kitchen because it's for girls :-@

Ah sexism.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options

We bought DS a chair similar to this one last weekend for Christmas: https://www.target.com/p/kids-club-chair-ottoman-set-navy-blue/-/A-11862458#prodSlot=_1_41

It was on sale and he loves to sit in it every time we go to Target, plus he's started getting into my glider to read on his own, so we figured it was a good fit.  Also hoping it will help the transition of moving my glider out of his room and into the new baby's room. 

He'll probably get a board book or two, and then lots of gifts from his grandparents and aunts.  Truthfully, DH will probably buy him something else, because as much as DH won't admit it, DS has him wrapped around his finger. I'm going to try to do a toy purge in the next couple of weeks in anticipation of the holidays.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS LOVES kitchen sets! My sister actually has 2 and she said we could have one. Is it super tacky to get it and just have the used one set up CHristmas morning for when he comes down the steps? He wont know the difference.
  • Options
    For Christmas we are going to get him one of those upholstered Pottery Barn chairs for his reading area in the playroom, some new books, wood puzzles, a Little People pirate ship, and a big craft supply box (crayons, markers, paints, play doh, etc).

We are going to get him one of those balance bikes for his b-day as well as some big trucks that he can sit/maneuver for his sandbox.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My friend just got her LO a bounce house for Christmas. Sounds fun, for like a day, but insane to me! We are probably going to stick with lots of books, clothes and one big item- I am thinking we will make a work bench so she can hang out up in the shop with Daddy when he is working.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options
    djm31012 said:
    Then thought about Magna tiles but I can probably wait a year on those, hes a little young. 
    DS1 got these for his birthday last week, and DS2 is CRAZY about them.  So if you're interested in them, he might be old enough to really enjoy them.  DS1 is also crazy about them as well. They are seriously magic.  His grandmother bought them so I didn't have to foot the bill, even better! :)

I am planning on getting both boys plasma cars for christmas.  DS2 might be a little young for it at first, but he can grow into it.  And I've heard they are magic like the magnatiles! 

That's all I got so far...

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options

We have a ton of cars and construction vehicles too. We are so far getting these blocks because there is so much he can do with them and use his little imagination:
    https://www.amazon.com/Mondo-Bloxx-Cardboard-Block-12x6x3/dp/B00LNIUYZE/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1414091853&sr=1-4&keywords=cardboard+blocks

My inlaws are getting him this to use all his cars in:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-Canyon-Road-Table-Lid/4837473

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    djm31012djm31012 member
    edited October 2014
    @ericalee27 that is great to know. now my next question is...how many magnatiles are necessary? i heard you need a lot to be able to build anything significant...but obviously they are super expensive....thoughts?

https://www.zulily.com/p/rainbow-36-piece-building-set-97980-11381100.html?pos=10&e=1&fromEvent=97980&

these are them right?
  • Options
    djm31012 said:
    @ericalee27 that is great to know. now my next question is...how many magnatiles are necessary? i heard you need a lot to be able to build anything significant...but obviously they are super expensive....thoughts?

https://www.zulily.com/p/rainbow-36-piece-building-set-97980-11381100.html?pos=10&e=1&fromEvent=97980&

these are them right?
    Everyone told me to not get the ~30 piece set (too small, not enough pieces) - we got the 100 piece set.  But yeah, it's spendy.  This is what we got: 

• Options
    I know MIL has already bought DD a kid's Bible book, a baby doll, puzzles, and clothes. I think my mom is getting her a Little People set, although I don't know which one. I'm thinking of getting her a book, coloring books and crayons, bathtub markers, and probably one or two things from Melissa and Doug (I saw someone mentioned a reusable sticker book on here, might try that). 

DS is getting a book, the Sophie giraffe teether, and probably a truck/car of some sort. He'll only be 3 months old so that'll be it for him. 
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    Oh, also planning to get some more Melissa and Doug dress up sets.  We got DS1 a fireman set for his birthday, and surprise, surprise, DS2 wants it all the time too now.  I figure we'll get some others - policeman, construction worker, etc.

• Options
    Another vote for the play kitchen. My H's sister had 2, so we got the smaller one as a hand-me-down. (This was prob 3-5 mo ago.) LO loves it!

And I would totally consider the hand-me-down gift as the real gift. I figure there will be many upcoming years that LO will insist on the latest trendy first-issue gift, so I'm planning to be cheap while I still can.
  • Options
    Just saying you ladies are way ahead if me. I barely have Halloween together, the thought of Christmas just scares me

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Gah I have no idea what to do for the kids! I *want to make the babies matching crib quilts. Hopefully I can be talented enough to do this. But for C? Maybe I can sew her some doll clothes?

My biggest problem is trying to come up with ideas that aren't TOYS. No more toys. I think toys were created just to make mom's crazy. ;). We've reached the hilt with toys. But at the same time, we bought all the "cool" big toys for C years ago, and now the babies get them as hand me downs. I'd love to do a train table for E but no space. I think it's even harder too, because this is the first Christmas E will really know what's going on. He's already seeing Santa all around — and go figure, Santa is one of the clearest words he says.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Right now I am thinking of getting DS a ride on fire truck because he's obsessed with them. I also really want to get him a set of Pete the Cat books and download the matching audio.

I like cookies.

• Options
    Ds is really into Cars the movie so we're getting him a ride on Tow Mater. I'm really excited for this Christmas because Ds is so much more interactive!
  • Options
    We might buy a trampoline. It would have the safety enclosure. My dd is a little young, but she absolutely loves them and if we get it now, it's just that much more use It will get. We don't normally do things like this, last year she got a doll and her stocking. We don't want Christmas to be crazy, so we might also wait and get it in the spring just because.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    Our list is play food and things for her kitchen, an easel and a scut bike which we will save for her birthday. I am embarrassed about how many things on that list we have already.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    You'll never regret a play kitchen.  My older boys still love it.

I will say that it doesn't really see much action until the kids are 3-4.  Before that, like with DD2 now, they just like to open and close the doors and play with the food.  Once they get a little older they start play baking and stuff.

• Options
    I've already started Christmas shopping only because I cannot be spending all of that money in one month. I've got to spread it out. That goes for other people's gifts as well as DS'. 

So far, I've gotten him a couple of Alex brand toys, a few metal trucks to put in his stocking, a new pair of Minnetonka moccasins, a little ride-on car thing, and a toy bulldozer. If you aren't on Zulily then do it. Pretty much everything I've gotten him has been from there. 

His big gift is going to be a play kitchen and lots of play food and dishes. We go to the local Waldorf school for their parent-child program, and every week he plays with the kitchen the whole time. We are also going to get him the Ikea easel because he is very into drawing and coloring right now. While that may sound big, I think the easel is only $15 or so. 

So that's where we are with Christmas shopping. 

Also @luxannie thanks for sharing that list, it is super helpful. 

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    So I did it I bought the play kitchen.

https://www.target.com/p/dishin-up-delights-kitchen/-/A-16251866#prodSlot=medium_2_4&term=play+kitchen

It even has a place to put "puppy" :D Squeeee.
  • Options

https://www.target.com/p/dishin-up-delights-kitchen/-/A-16251866#prodSlot=medium_2_4&term=play+kitchen

You will love it! My LO loves pretending to make me "bacon" and insisting I take pretend bites lol
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options

You will love it! My LO loves pretending to make me "bacon" and insisting I take pretend bites lol
    And it has a coffee pot! :) Kieran is obsessed with me making coffee.
  • Options

We're getting DS the Little People City Skyway set. My DS is really excited to get to play with it ;)

I'm planning to put together a set of sensory and craft supplies (finger paints, play dough, crayons, IKEA easel, etc...). He's also getting a set of Star Wars Christmas PJs and slippers from Hannah Andersson. We'll probably also pick out a few books. 

We're thinking about doing a skuut or trike for his birthday. 
    I want to get Ds one of those. Maybe for his birthday.

We are getting ds a tool table. He LOVES his sister's kitchen, and we don't need too, so I think he will love it.
  • Options
    We're getting DS the Little People City Skyway set. My DH is really excited to get to play with it ;)

I'm planning to put together a set of sensory and craft supplies (finger paints, play dough, crayons, IKEA easel, etc...). He's also getting a set of Star Wars Christmas PJs and slippers from Hannah Andersson. We'll probably also pick out a few books. 

We're thinking about doing a skuut or trike for his birthday. 

ETA: Changed DS to DH in the first sentence.
    Dude I want to play with that thing.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"