August 2014 Moms
Options

Dreading the time change

DS just started following a fairly regular sleep schedule, so I am dreading setting the clocks back an hour next weekend.

Anyone else?

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

Re: Dreading the time change

• Options
    I was going to start a thread about this so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm terrified as a FTM about how it's going to affect DS :-S
  • Options
    Heck yeah! But, she just started wanting to be put down later (11-1130) and waking up a 6 with a slight possibility of getting her down again. So it wouldn't kill me, but I can't help but I feel like it's gonna eff things up anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Starting next week I have to start work at 6A?M (I work from home so it's not super terrible) so I'm OK with it since he will go down earlier for me. I feel bad for DH though since that means he'll be getting up at 7.30 (he usually works nights).
  • Options
    I'm not so concerned with the baby. My 2 year old, yeah....that will be fun. Not!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I would be ok with moving bedtime back from 10 to 9, but LO has been waking at 4 or 5 and I am afraid we will be back to 3am wake up!
  • Options
    It's never been a huge crisis situation for us so I'm not that worried.  Even if my oldest wakes one hour earlier he usually adjusts by the next day.  Plus I'm super mean and will just leave him in the bed until 7am or later regardless of when he wakes up (he won't get up by himself) so he will not come waltzing into our room at some insane hour.

• Options
    I'm kind of looking forward to it since I'll be returning to work right around then! Right now LO's sleep is about 10pm-8am so 9-7 would be perfect! Of course it'll probably change right then but I can hope!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Na. Just make the change and continue on with your routine. It doesn't take long for them to adjust if you just live out the day as if it were a normal thing. They get used to it very quickly. It's more a problem in our own minds because we are aware of time. They aren't.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you're worried about the time change, put your LO in bed a little earlier every night this week so by the time it's Saturday they are going to bed at what will be their new time :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Rosebean‌ - I hope you are right. As a FTM, I haven't been through this before. 

He's been waking up between 6 and 7 a.m. most mornings, so I am not looking forward to that being 5-6 a.m. It won't help that the sun will be up earlier in the morning. Fingers crossed for a quick adjustment.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Well, the weekend is almost upon us. I have been trying to put DS to bed a few minutes later each night, with little success. Same thing with trying to help him sleep a bit longer in the morning - not much luck.

I guess we'll just see how it goes next week and slowly adjust along the way. It looks like I will be in for 4:30 wake-ups for awhile (he's been waking up at 5:30 a.m., eats, then sleeps again for another 1.5 hours).

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Well, the weekend is almost upon us. I have been trying to put DS to bed a few minutes later each night, with little success. Same thing with trying to help him sleep a bit longer in the morning - not much luck.

I guess we'll just see how it goes next week and slowly adjust along the way. It looks like I will be in for 4:30 wake-ups for awhile (he's been waking up at 5:30 a.m., eats, then sleeps again for another 1.5 hours).
    My LO is doing about the same thing. He is exhausted early in the evenings as it is. He's always wanting to sleep at like 7-730. I usually try to keep him up til 8 or 830 because I don't even get home until 6 and I like to spend a little time with him while he's awake, plus my daughter goes to bed at 9 so bedtime then works well for us. Then he gets up about 2 to eat and up again at 5-530 in the morning. I'm not looking forward to him wanting to go to bed at 6:30 and getting up at 4 or 4:30 in the morning :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    Meh, DS doesn't have much of a schedule yet. I try and put him down at the same time every night but it rarely goes my way and when he wakes up for the MOTN feeding, it can be anywhere between 2 and 5.

So I'm not worried.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"