Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Halloween seems insensitive now

anyone else feel this way now? The fake graveyards, skulls and skeletons just seem so insensitive. Once you've seen a dead body, it doesn't seem so harmless anymore.

I just want to curl up and hide so i don't have to see babies dressed up with their older siblings and all the death-related decorations. I'm going to try to push through it and attend a Halloween party for dd on Friday. Dh and I decided to leave early so that I can have an escape plan already. Hoping that makes it a little easier.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Halloween seems insensitive now

• Options
    I feel the exact same way.  I also think of all the Halloween maternity shirts I've seen that show a baby skeleton on the baby bump.  Those make me want to cry.  They need to go away forever.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    I have never liked Halloween, but I agree. All of the gravestones and skeletons and death references are so much harder.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like halloween, always been one of my faves but I agree once you're baby dies, you see the world in a new way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    Ticker warning

I am so with you!  For some reason it didn't affect me as much after my loss...I think because we didn't really do any halloween stuff last year and we flew out to Vegas on halloween night so we kind of escaped it.  But my mom died 10 years ago...Halloween used to be one of my favorite holidays and I LOVED scary movies, the scarier the better.  But after my mom died, I could not handle halloween.  Like you said, the graves, bodies coming out of graves, hearses....I guess when you see most of that for real, the fake stuff isn't as innocent anymore.

After the first five years or so I could finally handle halloween decorations again, but it's been ten years and I am just now getting to the point where I think I can maybe handle scary movies again, but I'm not sure.  Hugs!
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I always loved Halloween up until this year. I'm trying to avoid all things Halloween now. My daughter would have really gotten into it this year which makes it even harder that she's not here.
  • Options
    Day of the Dead is a great alternative. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Dead

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards