Late Term and Child Loss

Difficult day

Having a really hard day today.  I miss my little girl so much.  Tuesday will be two months since she left us.  It is also one year to the day she started at her preschool. We are sending flowers and pizza to her school on Tuesday in her honor.  I know this whole week is going to be tough with Halloween coming up.  She would have really gotten it and enjoyed it this year.  I still can't believe she is not here.  I think we are going to go away for the weekend to try to avoid the trick or treaters.  Not looking forward to Friday or the rest of the Holiday season.

Re: Difficult day

• I am sorry you are having a hard day today. I know what you mean about not looking forward to the holiday season. This is usually my favorite time of year but I have been dreading it. I think a little getaway for the weekend sounds great. Be kind to yourself do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. My mother in law has already begun the e-mails about Thanksgiving, and I don't even want to think about celebrating another holiday without my baby. Hugs

Asher born February 5, 2011.

Baby #2 born sleeping at 20 weeks. May 6, 2014.

• **siggy warning**

I think the trip sounds like a great idea. An important part of my healing process has been knowing when I can stand to push outside of my comfort zone and when I need give myself a break. At the very least I would go out for the night.

I am not looking forward to the holidays either. I know that they will be filled with bittersweet moments with our dd and thoughts of what should have been.

Do you have somewhere specific you were thinking of going?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We're not sure, we're thinking of going to St. Augustine.  It has a nice down town area to walk around in.
  • I agree getting away might be a good idea. The holidays last year were so hard. So. Hard. No getting around it. Having something to distract yourself with is probably a good idea. At least for Halloween.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I'm so sorry you're having a rough time.  I think getting away for Halloween sounds like a great idea.  And if it helps (and the budget allows), perhaps it would be a good option for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas too.  A couple from my grief group decided to skip the holidays and take a vacation last year and were glad they did.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• I am so sorry you are having a hard day today. I think sending the pizza and flowers in your daughter's honor is such great idea. I also think knowing when you need to get away is good too. The holidays are a very challenging time for all of us mamas and it's important to have a plan and to give yourself a lot of space and nurturing during these extra challenging times. ((hugs))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"