High-Risk Pregnancy

STMs that dealt with preterm labor

Hello. Just wondering... last weekend (@ 33  weeks) I was admitted for kidney stones and preterm labor. They were able to stop labor. My question is, given that LO has tried to break out once, what are the chances of still making it to 40ish? Have any of you made it to term after a preterm episode? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Re: STMs that dealt with preterm labor

• I'm a FTM but my best friend started pre-term labor at 32 weeks and ended up going past her EDD.  Best of luck to you!

• I had ds1 at 34w and started having contractions with DS2 at 32w.  I was in the hospital 3 times between 32 and 35 wks to stop the contractions.  I had contractions for about 7 wks.  I was monitored closely and was on pelvic and modified bedrest until 37 wks.  I was induced at 39 wks due to other complications. I was positive ds2 would be early but gladly I was wrong.  Good luck to keeping that baby cooking.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a kidney stone at 26w with DS1 and spent some time in L&D. They noticed that my cervix was shortening and baby's head was very low at that point. They did a fFN test, which came back negative, so they let me go. They never checked me again and I went into PTL and delivered at 32w3d. I was a FTM and didn't know any better, otherwise I would've pushed for them to check my cervix. He's a very healthy 2 year old now, so it all worked out!

You've already made it pretty far, but hopefully that baby stays in a little longer. Good luck!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Hey ladies. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. So far baby is still cooking. I have gone in for NST every week since and so far so good. Next checkup is tomorrow. I'm hoping to still be on track. 
  • With DS1 I went into preterm labor at 33 weeks, had steroid shots for his lungs and got up to 3cm 90% effaced. They were able to stop labor and I was home on bed rest until my water broke and he was born at 35w 6d. He was perfectly healthy, just had trouble sucking in the beginning. Now I'm almost 25 weeks pregnant with DS2 and after a being on progesterone shots each week to prevent going into labor I still ended up in the hospital last week with a preterm labor scare. Though I'm not dilated or effaced my cervix was shortening and I was/continue to get a lot of small contractions. Now I'm home on bed rest for the rest of this pregnancy. I also know people who went into preterm labor and ended up going late, and had perfectly normal future pregnancies. There's no way to really know what might happen.
    BFP #1 7/15/2012
    Natural Miscarriage 8/4/2012 at 7 weeks
    BFP #2 10/26/12 - Baby Jack - Due 7/6/13 - Born 6/7/13
    (born prematurely at 35w 6d, perfectly healthy with no NICU time needed)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I had preterm labor at 30 weeks. We stayed overnight and had mag sulfate to stop contractions. I wasn't put on bed rest or anything, and never had any other episodes of organized contractions. I ended up being induced!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"