Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Low HCG Level During Miscarriage - Vanishing Twin Syndrome?

LilLizzy1487LilLizzy1487 member
edited October 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

I have been going through what I believe to be a natural M/C since Wednesday morning.  They took my HCG levels on Wednesday and it was only at 9.  I realize this is very low even if it is in acceptable range.  I was at 4 weeks, 2 days when I began to M/C.  The morning all this began, I had lost all pregnancy symptoms.  They could not check with an U/S because the doctor said due to my HCG level, there would be nothing to see. 

Today, my bleeding has slowed down and I have not had cramping in a couple days.  But, I feel like some pregnancy symptoms have returned.  I never had morning sickness except for some mild nausea, no vomiting.  Today, I am feeling excessively tired, dizzy on and off, and nauseous on and off all day. Also, an almost complete loss of appetite. And my superhuman sense of smell seems to have kicked back in.  Twins run in my fiancé's family and I guess I am just wondering if it is possible for me to have experienced vanishing twin syndrome.  I am not supposed to go back for blood work until Wednesday but all these changes are driving me crazy. 

Has anyone ever experienced this and still ended up with a viable pregnancy?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Low HCG Level During Miscarriage - Vanishing Twin Syndrome?

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I did experience nausea during my most recent mc and sense of smell was there until my numbers went to 0. Yes, the hormones at any number will drive you crazy. I cannot answer your question. The repeat blood work will answer it for you. Limbo to watch the numbers sucks. (Hugs)

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Options
    @flyoffeve - Thanks, I know this limbo thing sucks.  It was just weird to me that I had lost all symptoms of pregnancy and then today they seemed to come back. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How much did you bleed? I lost quite a bit during my MC in April (mine was twins and I lost one at about 5 weeks but I had no bleeding until I lost the second one at 10 weeks) and I was exhausted, had nausea, and was really dizzy. My Dr put me on some extra iron pills, said my symptoms was from loss of blood.

That's my only experience so I may not be much help. Like flyoffeve said, limbo sucks. Sorry you're going through this. *hug*
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"