January 2014 Moms

pregnant? maybe?

jeslillynjeslillyn member
edited October 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Hey all,
I took a pregnancy test after work tonight and there was a super faint positive line. Of coarse I quickly ran out and bought more tests, waited 2 hours and took another one....same thing. I didnt plan on having another baby this soon so im definitely feeling a little overwhelmed if this is in fact a real positive. I called my sister to just talk to somebody about it and of coarse her response was "well you know your going to struggle if you have another baby". Ugh totally not what I needed. thanks for listening ladies.

Re: pregnant? maybe?

• In the same boat here. I'm waiting to test again until I officially miss my period in 3 days. But there was definitely a faint line. We wanted to start trying next month, because we want her to have a sibling close to her age, but had been NTNP since my period returned last month. I had no clue I would get pregnant so fast, especially since I'm still breastfeeding every 2 hours, but I definitely feel sooo pregnant. Super sore boobs, loads of nausea, more fatigue than normal. And my family has been equally as unsupportive. My brother and I are 14 months apart and when I told my mom she was all kinds of unsupportive.
  • jeslillynjeslillyn member
    edited October 2014
    @agistheocean‌ ugh im sorry. I always have irrational fears that people are disappointed in me so hearing my sister say that just really sucks. I had a hard time getting pregnant the first time so I definitely didnt expect to get pregnant. We were also ntnp . Do you like being so close in age with your brother?
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! I would just focus on positive. Another baby! How wonderful! My kids are 3 and 1/2 yrs apart, and in some ways I really wish we had them closer together in age. Sure, 2 under 2 is definitely hard work but I feel like once they become toddlers, they play together which is a huge plus. One of the challenges I'm facing right now as a mom of 2 is that my 4 year old is constantly bored playing by himself. I feel like I'm constantly going from one place to another on play dates and activities all the while dragging my 9 month old DD. I see my friends with kids close in age and it seems easier to cater to both kids' needs at the same time. The first few years will fly by - I would just go with the flow and not stress at this point.
  • In the same camp here - I'm 11 weeks, so mine will be about 15 1/2 months apart. My brother and I are 17 months apart, and my Mom always said that in many ways it was easier having us closer together. She said we could pretty much be on the same schedule for eating, napping, sleeping, etc. We played together, would enjoy the same toys and games and TV shows, helped entertain each other and would play with the same friends. While I know that having two close together will be tough, in a way I'm happy to just kind of power through it and get it all over with - diapers, nursing, etc. I think if I hadn't gotten pregnant until 2-3 years from now and knew I was starting all over again I would just kind of want to cry. So look at the positives, ignore what other people say and let yourself get excited!
  • Congratulations! I'm sorry your sister isn't being supportive. She should just be excited about another baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine will be 16 months apart, and after talking to a friend of mine who has 5 kids, she said her first two (who are 17 months apart) were way easier that her last two (who are 3.5 years apart) because reasons that pp mentioned. I wouldn't stress too much, you'll figure it out! :)
  • Congrats! I know the sense of overwhelming what are we going to do this wasn't what we planned. I was terrified to tell my husband who was slightly upset with himself that we weren't more careful. After a few days, things settled down and the idea of a fourth baby set in and he was fine. I was excited from the beginning, but over all nervous. We lost the baby 10 days later and it's still hard for me.

Like pp's have said focus on the positive and enjoy it!

• Congratulations! Ignore what others say. Focus your the positives and yay for more babies!
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Congratulations!  2U2 is worth it.  My first two kids are a little over 16 months apart, and now that they are 4 and just shy of 3 it is wonderful.  They entertain eachother and make great playmates.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Thank you guys so much! All of these responses have totally helped! This is exactly what I needed! ♡♡♡ ill be calling my ob tomorrow hopefully they can get me in soon to see whats up.
  • Congrats to u, sorry that your sister had to say those negative comments. U just have to think about the positive and have a Happy and Healthy pregnancy. :)
  • Congratulations!  Hope you have a healthy pregnancy!
  • Enjoy this pregnancy despite others' unwarranted feelings. Expanding your family is something to be excited about. Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Congrats!! I haven't lived through it yet, but I'll keep you posted in the next few months! ;)  Enjoy it!

I'm looking forward to ours being so close together for the previously mentioned reasons. They'll always have a playmate, when we're done with diapers, bottles, etc. - we're done. I was in disbelief for a while and honestly, wasn't really excited for a bit. It's going to be crazy, but we're so excited now.

Good luck! I hope your sister comes around and is more supportive. You're going to struggle? Yeah, who wouldn't? That's LIFE. Embrace it! Congrats again. :)

• Congrats!! I am in a similar boat. I am scared to have 2u2 but I know it will be fun later on.

I was freaking out when I first found out (even before I had a positive test) and I wish I had posted like you did. There are others feeling the same way you are :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Congratulations! 
     I think it's often a shock when you're NTNP to get that positive, but it is also a gift! We went from "trying" to NTNP for nearly 2 years between DS1 and DS2. I had stopped taking tests because my cycle was super wonky with still nursing DS1 and I hated the disappointmnet.  When I finally did take a test because I had been feeling off and got a strong positive I couldn't believe it. I actually didn't tell anybody (not even DH) for a few days until I could figure out a way to surprise him and at the same time it gave me time in my head to process that we were going to have another LO.  

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats, I love hearing about more pregnant moms from this board! :) Ours will be 11 months apart (a rare 2U1, whooooo) (whoo?) so I hear you on the shock and feeling overwhelmed and getting some questionable reactions. I have had people I don't even know that well wrinkle up their faces at me and say "What on EARTH were you thinking??" when they hear I am expecting in December after having a baby in January.

In short, people (even (especially?) family) can be assholes, but new babies are always worthy of celebration! So hooray! And you can do this, it'll be great.
    TWO Babies in 2014!
    DS #1 Born 01/07/2014, DS #2 Born 12/17/2014

• @jesslillyn I love being so close to him in age! I think it'll be a blessing even if we don't get the support we deserve!
  • painttheair14painttheair14 member
    edited October 2014
    New babies are a cause for celebration! Even unplanned ones!

You can totally do it. Sorry your sister said that. People just don't think.

ETA it's totally OK to be overwhelmed too
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Congrats :) Anyone would struggle in this situation! I totally know how it feels to be overwhelmed at the thought of having two little ones, BUT you can do it! I'll be in the same boat in a few short months. augh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"