Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

should I be worried?

hi! Me and my husband have been TTC for about three months now. And I'm only 21 so I know that it's not uncommon for it to take alittle longer and normally i would only go to the doctors if it had been a year but I'm wondering if I should go to see a doctor earlier. Iv been tracking my ovulation with a OPK. It's one of the ones that shows you the days your getting ready to ovulate and then the two days that you are ovulating. Iv noticed some troubling stuff with it. My period has always been irregular but as iv payed more attention Iv realize that it comes about once every two months. When I have my period about two or three days after I start to get the getting ready to ovulate symbol then at about day five I ovulate. It happens every time without problem similar to how I suppose everyone else cycle works. But on the months I don't have my period I get about 6 to 9 days of getting ready to ovulate symbols but never ovulating. It seems like I only ovulate every other month. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Is it something I should go to the doctors about or should I wait alittle longer and see what happens?

Answers

• Options
    Are you temping to confirm ovulation?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    OP I echo everything PPs have said I only add this:

TCOYF: Taking Charge of Your Fertility. (took me a bit to figure this one out when I was a newb)

edit: its a book and you should read it

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CFearsy said:
    OP I echo everything PPs have said I only add this:

TCOYF: Taking Charge of Your Fertility. (took me a bit to figure this one out when I was a newb)

edit: its a book and you should read it
    See? Confirming the bumpcrush, @reginaphilangee. Better stop it.
    **melts** ;)

• Options
    Some liquid lubrication has put me into a festive mood tonight.

OP, I'll echo what others have said:

1) OPKs actually cannot confirm ovulation. They show that you are having an LH surge and that your body is gearing up to ovulate. This DOES NOT mean that you actually do ovulate. This surge can happen multiple times a cycle.

2) aside from medical technology via an ultrasound or other devices, ovulation can only be confirmed by taking your temp every morning and charting it. Your pre-ovulation temps are lower than your post-ovulation temps so after you ovulate, your temp spikes. Reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and the tutorials on FertilityFriend.com will be very helpful.

3) OPK use is great in conjunction with temping as it gives another piece of data to work with.

4) the general consesus is to seek help when you have been trying for over a year (if under 35). I would only seek medical help for your period of your cycles last over 60 days. I wouldn't go now as I don't think you have a reason yet (unless your cycles are consistently greater than 60 days)

5) it's not totally uncommon to not ovulate every month. It happens. Most women skip a cycle now and then. If you are consistently skipping a cycle, I maaaayyy be curious about the integrity of your Fallopian tubes as I know I would wonder if one was blocked but it would just be speculation and something to mention further along.

Finally, if and when time comes to seek treatment, see an RE an not and OB and never, ever take unmonitroed Clomid, which they will likely dole out like candy to you - it can wreak havoc on your fertility without proper cause and monitoring.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"