May 2014 Moms
Options

STMs - finding time for good naps?

I am failing miserably at getting the baby good naps. Between preschool drop offs and pick ups, toddler activities, and other obligations, poor LO ends up napping in the car or carrier - usually for 30 min max. I try to get him one good nap in his crib when DD goes down for her nap, but sometimes the timing doesn't work. How are you mamas doing with naps?

Re: STMs - finding time for good naps?

• Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Doing horribly here. We're also usually out and about. DS usually sleeps in his carrier or the car. I just figure he'll be a flexible kid, right?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are on a 3 naps a day schedule right now. Usually late morning half hour or so, late afternoon a good hour and on good days longer, and then a quick nap around supper time. Bed time is about 8 pm. Seems to working ok and he fell into that routine himself. If we are out and about he'll sleep in the car. It is a really great day when I can get both kids to nap at the same time in the afternoon. I can either nap too or get stuff done. Those days are rare but oh so amazing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    DD2 does 2-3 naps a day. Morning nap about 1 hour always in the carrier while we go to DD1's activities. After lunch she gets a good nap. I need to get DD2 down for her nap in order to put DD1 down for hers. DD1 takes forever to go to sleep! Sometimes DD2 wakes up after only 30min then DD1 doesn't get a nap. But on a normal day DD2 goes down, then DD1 goes down, then I lie down with DD2. She'll typically comfort nurse a couple times and goes back to sleep for a total of 2-3hour nap. DD1 naps 2 hours. In the evening DD2 will sometimes nap 30min in the carrier at the playground, sometimes she doesn't. It certainly helps to have both kids nap at the same time.
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    I got nothing.  It depends on the day.  One day she randomly took 3 two hour long naps.  It was amazing.  Most days she naps here and there with no particular schedule.  Sometimes for half an hour, sometimes for 2 hours.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.  And then there's the older kid randomly running in and screaming when I'm trying to put her down...

Meh she's healthy and sleeps pretty well at night at least lol
    This sounds pretty much like us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    I got nothing.  It depends on the day.  One day she randomly took 3 two hour long naps.  It was amazing.  Most days she naps here and there with no particular schedule.  Sometimes for half an hour, sometimes for 2 hours.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.  And then there's the older kid randomly running in and screaming when I'm trying to put her down...

Meh she's healthy and sleeps pretty well at night at least lol
    This sounds pretty much like us.
    I third this. Minus the older kid. DS has no sort of schedule. Some days he will sleep 3 hours in a stretch, some days it is 3 hours in one go. But he has always been a great night sleeper, so there's that at least.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"