Adoption

Infant CPR & Newborn Class

So I have been traveling for work over the last two weeks and it has been easy to put the fact that I signed DH and I up for this class to the back of my mind. 

Well the class is tomorrow and I am getting a bit anxious.  The class is through a local hospital and is for women between weeks 35-39 in their pregnancy so clearly my lack of belly will cause me to stand out like a sore thumb:(.  I've never been much of a conformist so I keep thinking I will be ok and able to hold my head up high, but as it gets closer I'm not so sure. 

Has anyone else taken a class while they were waiting?  If so, how did it go?  If not, what encouraging words might you have for me:)?  TIA

Re: Infant CPR & Newborn Class

• We did a nb care class. It was kind of thrown together because the regular teacher was out. No intros so no one knew that we were adopting. 2 pg women were there, maybe 5 months along. We didn't learn a ton and the teacher was militantly pro-breastfeeding, but we did get a few pointers on feeding and bathing
  • I'm sure it will be fine! I'd probably feel the same way though. Let us know how it goes.
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • We did a nb care class at our hospital. I walked out midway through. It emphasized breast feeding so heavily that I was in tears by the half way point. I also wrote a letter to the hospital admin to complain about it and received a refund (they had another class that was listed as a breastfeeding class which wasn't the one we'd signed up for) we had also disclosed that we were adopting.

I'm not saying that's how yours will be, but it's just a heads up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry that you're having these fears and pain, and I can absolutely get why you'd have them (although I haven't been through what you've been through and don't pretend to understand 100%). I hope the class is wonderful, informative, and sensitive to you and makes you excited to be bringing home a baby of your own in the near future.
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"