Preemies
Options

FTM Intro :)

Hi there!

I'm coming over from the D14 board. I had my little girl, Juniper at 31 weeks on October 10th due to crazy high blood pressure (which oddly did not end up turning into preeclampsia, but was dangerous enough to do an emergency c section.)

Looking forward to joining this board as I know nothing about being a preemie mom (except what I have learned the last 2 weeks!)

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

Re: FTM Intro :)

• Options
    Oops! Forgot a picture!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! FX for a short NICU stay. :)

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jnetx‌ yep, she is in the NICU. Hoping for a Thanksgiving release, but her due date was Dec 10th, so we will see!
  • Options
    Congratulations! She's a doll :)
  • Options
    Congrats on your little one!

I too was due on Dec 10th and I had my little girl on September 22 at 28.5 weeks. I never intro'd over on D14 but I lurked a lot.

All of our nurses tell us they think she will be home before Thanksgiving. This week we are going to start breastfeeding. From what we have been told that is what can keep us in the NICU the longest. Our requirements to get her out of there are: 1. Take all feeds whether breast or bottle for 3 days. 2. Gain weight each day 3. Maintain her own temp.

Since they don't even attempt breastfeeding until 34 weeks we are starting this Wednesday. I did however try non-nutritive BFing, which is pump to empty the breast and give her the boob to see what she does. She definitely latched on but would stop sucking after 3-4 sucks.

I'm interested to know what your NICU says you have to do in order to discharge her.
  • Options
    Sorry that you had to deliver early, but glad you are okay!
    My youngest was born at 30w2d due to a spontaneous pPROM at 29w6d. He was discharged the day after his due date, so he was there right at 10 weeks. He was just a very slow progress, lots of ups and downs. He just struggled weaning off oxygen support and the feeding tube.
    However, there were a few other moms I met whose little girls were born around the same time that seemed to fly out of the NICU in just a few weeks. Girls seem to be fighters, more than boys, for some reason ;) And we had a very conservative-approach neonatalogist team, so that may have been part of our long stay. 
    Make sure you try to get rest when you can and eat well. I kept getting sick because I didn't do either.
    Hoping your princess is home soon!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    Congrats! She's beautiful!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    She's beautiful! Hope her stay in the NICU is short :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
    My Wonder Woman!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"