January 2014 Moms

Car Seat - recommend yours

I have a Chicco Key Fit currently. We have 2 bases and move it between vehicles. I'd like to leave it in one car and get another rear facing convertible seat. I have a Graco Nautilus for later but it doesn't rear face and E isn't going to be turning around anytime soon. I know there's probably another thread on this but I'm on mobile. I drive a Honda Pilot. The Chicco will stay in our Camry. What kind do you have and do you recommend it? TIA ladies.

Re: Car Seat - recommend yours

• We have the Chicco next fit and really like it so far. No complaints.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • versedversed member
    edited October 2014
    Is there a reason you already have a Nautilus? Kids are recommended to RF until age two, and if you bought it new, it's just wasting months getting closer to expiring. Is there any way you can return it for a new seat?  

To answer your question, we have a Britax Boulevard, a NextFit, and two Dionos. Love them all, but more importantly, they fit my kids and our cars.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was rear-ended a couple weeks ago, so had to purchase all new seats. Luckily insurance helped cover them. I went with a Foonf for Isaac (9 month old) and bought my almost 4 year old a Britax Pioneer. 
    I like the the Foonf should allow us to ERF for a while, and how high it sits up in the car so he can see out the window. It's also easy to install and easy to tighten/loosen the straps for adjustments. It also fits really well in both our vehicles. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @versed I already had the Nautilus from DS. I bought it after he FF though and somehow forgot it doesn't RF.

• We have an evenflo triumph. I drive a corolla and whoever is in the passenger seat has to sit pretty cramped. It takes up a lot of space. If space isn't an issue I do like this seat. Easy knobs for tightening, pull up on straps to adjust shoulder level -- no need to take the seat apart to adjust height level like in our bucket seat we had before.
  • Graco 4ever. I drive a Nissan Rogue that doesn't have a lot of room front to back and this seat is soooo compact but also converts up to 40 pounds rear facing. LOVE this seat. And she previously hated being int he car and has done so much better since we switched. She is reclined back as much as the seat allows and that is still a bit more upright than before. She can see out the windows now and that makes her happy!
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Cara1024‌ I have the same car and am considering the same seat. Glad to hear you feel it fits well. Do you have yours in the center position or to one side?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Thanks for the input ladies! I need to start price shopping.

• blue_elle said:
    @Cara1024‌ I have the same car and am considering the same seat. Glad to hear you feel it fits well. Do you have yours in the center position or to one side?
    blue_elle just seeing this now! Yes it fits great! Peantmuse has the same car and seat also. We both have ours on the side. I would have done center but I wanted to use LATCH to install and you aren't supposed to "borrow" latches from the side seat and there aren't latches for the center seat. So anyways she is on the side and I think she really likes looking out the window. And FYI it comes with a removable body insert and head support that are optional. I left them both in at first and she cried and cried. Then I took both out and it was MUCH better!
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"