February 2015 Moms
Options

I need to vent before i lose my shit

HerHighnessHerHighness member
edited October 2014 in February 2015 Moms
This really belongs in spam but i didnt think i should write and entire book there. I just need to get this out and i have nobody to bitch to about it. 

I have a very busy weekend at work. 3 very large events back to back. The biggest one being tonight. Most of these were all you can drink type events/VIP parties. My first bitch is nobody added a gratuity to the contracts and so i end up making the pitiful cash tips that people give me while i run my ass non stop for several hours. 

Second I needed to hire another person to help at these events since we are down a bartender and need more than normal for big events. I posted an ad on Facebook to get someone i know since its just am occasional job and got several responses. (I know a ton of people in the industry)  A friend talked me into going with a girl that i didnt know as well (i know her husband very well) mostly because they really need the money. I called her set her up with a day to come in for training. She called off an hour before because her mom was in hospital (i get it not a problem.) a week later she texts me telling me that she can still work and wants the shift. I set her up with another day for training. I text her day of and 3 hours later i get a text back saying... Oh i thought it was tomorrow. I cant come tonight (her mom had passed the week before and she spaced. Id be a mess if my mom died so i completely understand). This was Thursday and we actually needed her for the shift. We made due being short staffed. I told her to go ahead and come tonight and wed just deal with her not being trained. She knows how to bartend and since we have no registers for a major fundraiser it should be fine. 

I text her just now to double check times with her and she sends me a text saying her husband is mad he has to come pick her up at 2am and bring their 6 yr old so Can i drive her home. She lives 20 minutes north of the venue. I live 45 minutes south. This is going to make me have to drive 1.5 hours to get home at 230 in the morning. I dont understand how any of this is my problem but if i say no then im short staffed again and i look like an ass to my boss for hiring this girl.  

Im going to be on my feet major running for the 3rd day in a row. Tonight's shift is at least 10 hours for me since i have to be there earlier since im in charge. Im already sore as hell, my feet are huge and im sick (im in antibiotics so not contagious) 

Oh and my husband also felt the need to sleep in today... He is also sick.... But he has nothing to do but watch kid the entire rest of the day and he was asleep when i got home last night at midnight. I may strangle him too.

Sprry for so much bitching. I needed to get it out before i explode at work. 
-------------------------------
Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
Married my love 4/22/2006
DD born 10/12/2009
DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
Pregnancy Ticker}

Re: I need to vent before i lose my shit

• Options
    That blows. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know this person, but it sounds like you're starting to figure out why she needs the money so bad.....
  • Options
    That's so annoying. Sad about her mom and understand she needs space and time to mourn, but it would have been fair of her to warn you about the possibility of being unavailable for her commitment after that happened. And asking for a ride home is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Yikes-- sorry you are going through this. Being on my feet that long would make me grumpy enough-- but all these added issues would make me crazy! Good luck- I hope it all works out.

Married 12.14.12 TTC 01.01.14 BFP 02.26.14 MC 03.07.14 TTC again 05.01.14               
    BFP 05.27.14  Beyond excited and giddy with anticipation! EDD 2.2.15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry you have to deal with this. Lots of hugs coming your way.
  • Options
    Ugh that is super-annoying. I would definitely not ask her to help out again! It sounds like she is making her problems your problems which isn't fair at all.
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That really sucks! I am hoping it gets easier on you. You need to book up a massage or something soon! You deserve it!
  • Options
    Yuck! Any chance you can pawn her off on someone else to drive her home?
  • Options
    Oh dear I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this. Just some big hugs and good luck. I agree on booking a massage!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    That's not cool at all. Sorry you are having to deal with that BS. can't believe you have to drive her home. Why can't she have the car for the night?!?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It should be against the law to have to deal with so much while pregnant. Sorry you are having a rough one.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    That totally sucks. Im sorry. I know what it feels like to be short staffed and have no options. Im kind of shocked that she would make it your responsibility to get her home. Hi, you're an adult. She also sounds kinda flaky. Those people are always difficult to work with. Hang in there. Treat yourself to something NICE. Massage and a facial sound good to me. :)
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Options
    @HerHighness‌ love tit for support. That's sucks and good for you for venting here instead of strangling someone there!
  • Options
    Sorry you are dealing with this! Hugs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My first thought was "Why can't she get Uber or a taxi?" 

No, I would NOT drive an extra 45min out of my way at 2am after working so much for 3 days for a flaky person. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I'd probably have gone full blown Carrie by now. Sorry you're having such a terrible weekend. If I were you, next time you're the one who's super busy and hubby decides that he wants to sleep in, give him a nice hard punch in the dick!

ETA: The new app erases a lot of my content now, for no reason, just randomly!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You are her boss, not her chauffeur. I'm sorry this is turning into such a mess.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry you have to deal with all that. Hope things get better.
  • Options
    I would have already lost my shit if I was dealing with all that. Good luck. I hop things go okay tonight. 
  • Options
    Boo, I'm sorry, @HerHighness. That's a lot to deal with – and now you're supposed to be an employee's ride? I think my boss would rightly give me the side-eye and tell me to figure it out myself.

Hope the night passes by quickly and you get to rest up after this.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    That sucks so bad! I would be beyond annoyed with H. It seems like forgetting to add gratuity to a contract is becoming common.
  • Options
    I would ask around and see if there are others who are going her way before you drive her. It sounds like you are in a hard place. Hope it gets better!!!!
  • Options
    Ugh I don't blame you for feeling pissed!!! I really hope your night is improving mama. 
    And honestly, chicky should really take a 20 minute cab ride home instead of adding 40 minutes to your long drive home late at night. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"